Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
[4.8.5 Gameplay Bug] Anti-Tank weapons made out of explodium. (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : Bugs : [4.8.5 Gameplay Bug] Anti-Tank weapons made out of explodium.) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 6 2016 Anchor

Greetings, Restarter here.

I recently found a bug while playing version 4.8.5 of your mod, a game-breaking one at that.

The bad part is, I think that it's only happening to me, since I reckon that all players of this mod has their copy working perfectly.

My version of WiC is 1.0.1.1 (b35).

Here's the problem:

It seems that almost all ATGMs or bombs, like the Javelin, TOW, Hellfire or any aircraft-fired ordnance explodes endlessly when hit.

Sure it destroys whatever nutcase unit dare enter it's area, but the biggie downside is it drops my FPS rate to about 15-20 FPS.

Another thing is that the game will warn me of friendly fire even though I'm alone on the map, and the bug will rack up thousands of negative points under my name, grinding me to the bottom of the player list and this racket will award the enemy thousands of positive points, like when they drop a nuke, if I play with bots.

The only exception is when the missile indeed hits it's target, it will destroy it and never explodes further. This only applies to AT fireteams and ATGM-equipped vehicles.

Here are the steps to replicate this bug, even though I know that this bug only happens to me.

1. Play as either BLUEFOR or REDFOR.

2. Pick the Air side, or any side then pick any attack helicopter or vehicle with a ATGM launch skill.

Some other alternatives is to call a Forward Operating Base and a JTAC, or get a Anti-Tank fireteam with Javelins.

3. Use the attack helicopter/vehicle's ATGM skill against a target, order the JTAC to designate the target for ground-attack aircraft to respond to, or simply order the AT fireteam to attack vehicles.

4. Voila! Explosions sponsored by Michael Bay.

Note that this affects almost all anti-tank weapons, like the Javelin, Hellfire, Maverick, Paveway and Snakeye bombs, AT-4 Spigots and TOWs. This occasionally happens with the MLRS and the HIMARs too.

That's that. I expect some help, since I loved playing your mod for it's sheer realism.

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Dec 15 2016 Anchor

There is only 1 explosion event when warhead contact is triggered. Most likely what you're seeing is artifact/incorrectly rendered particle effects for the explosion rendering itself. Can you take a video of it happening on your computer and post?

Dec 16 2016 Anchor

Sadly enough, my computer is a shared computer and a bit low-end for the least, so using recording apps will drastically chomp all my virtual memory.

But, I can load up some screenshots for you to see within the Christmas week. The problem only persists with your mod however, this disappears in No Hope and BriscoeMod.

I'll get into it when I log back on.

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Dec 19 2016 Anchor

Sure, screenshot would help as well.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.