As you may already know, we have a public Github repository from which you can download an early version of our mod. Here's how to go about it.
- Install GitHub Desktop with the installer.
- Just skip the registration.
- Click on “Clone Repository” (Ctrl+Shift+O, if you’re already in the main menu).
- Click “URL” and copy/paste in the following…
- When choosing a location for the repository, choose…
C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
- Check your Local path, it must show…
C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Warcraft-Guardians-of-Azeroth
- Click “Clone” and wait till the cloning is finished
- Copy “Warcraft-Guardians-of-Azeroth.mod”, located in the just downloaded “Crusader Kings II\mod\Warcraft-Guardians-of-Azeroth” folder, to the “Crusader Kings II\mod” folder.
- Open the CK2 launcher and select “Warcraft: GoA (Early)”. Make sure that other mods are disabled.
Now you have the early version on your PC. Click “Fetch origin” to check for new updates. If there’s one, click “Pull origin” to download it.
Most likely, your “Current branch” is “master”, it’s the most stable and tested version.
To switch your branch, click on “Current branch” and select a new one in the list.
We recommend you to play on “master” branch. For veeery early versions, you can check Our Pull Requests. Open any PR (Pull Request), read the changelog, if you like changes and want to test them, the name of this branch is written at the top of the page.
Find the branch in the list of your Github Desktop and switch to it.
Don’t forget to click on “Fetch origin” to make sure there’s no new undownloaded updates.
If you have questions or problems, ask right here!
Thanks for attention!