The Power of Fire (German Die Macht des Feuers) is a Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne multiplayer RPG mod which allows up to six human players the share a co-op adventure in a fantasy world. It is realized by providing a custom War3Mod.mpq file which is loaded when Frozen Throne is started. All participants need to download this War3Mod.mpq file to share the same MPQ archive. The map itself is relativly small like any other Warcraft III map.
Installation setup for version 0.8. Run this setup on Windows and select your Warcraft III directory as destination. It installs a single player campaign and multiple multiplayer maps into your Warcraft III directory. Start "The Power of Fire.exe" in your Warcraft III directory to play these maps or the campaign. Click "Read More" for known bugs!!!
- NEVER finish Einars Quest to forge swords for him. Don't forge any swords for Einar. Otherwise a bug will occur and your savegame will be corrupted after saving the next time. It cannot be loaded, so don't ever solve this quest, don't forge the last short sword!!!
- DON'T JOIN THE BLACK OR WHITE LEGION. It corrupts the savegame!!!
- The quest from the sheep boy cannot be solved. Killing bandits from the sheep has no effect.
- Some equipment with effects still shows icons and other abilities become invisible for the character. Just unequip those items and the icons will be visible again.
- Fellows like Sisgard still follow their routines and move to certain points at certain times of the day. Just move them back.
- Fedinand's skip button cannot be used. Use the skip button of another NPC or fellow. It has the same effect.
- The sheep boy's sounds are cut before they end.
- Ursula's big book is too expensive. Just buy smaller ones.
- Sometimes (after loading?) the backpack button still appears although the character is transformed into a bear.
Please report all bugs to me. I will try to fix them in the next release!