A mod pack for the Half-Life 1 mod, "Vengeance" and "Rebellion"! This mod improves the original in some ways. These includes improving the models, sounds, sprites, map alterations, and more!
1.1 release of Vengeance & Rebellion | Remod. This Remod already includes the original files, so you don't have to install anything else. Enjoy!
- Gman model replaced with less HL2-ish one, mostly out of preference.
- Gordon, Gman, and Rad model given footstep sound events.
- Gman given bodydrop sound event.
- Changed a couple of animations for Gordon and Gman.
- Added sentries in fmip37, fmip36, fmip19.
- Added turrets in fmip29.
- Added miniturrets in smip31, fmip19.
- Added barnacles to fmip17, smip27, smip18.
- Converted the MP maps to SP (reb_gare, reb_city, reb_village, reb_base), note that these MP converted maps are pretty hard, might be good to save these after finishing the main campaign. Still finishable even on Hard though, so it's not extreme difficulty kind of hard.
- Forgot to add a custom sound to the human assassin silenced pistol, should be different now.
- Added a bigmomma to smip26, replacing the garg, figured since you already met one in Vengeance.
Remod is a mod for Vengeance & Rebellion that brings :
- HD models.
- Detail textures.
- HUD changes.
- Sound changes.
- Text changes.
- Map entity changes.
- Map texture changes.
Remod already includes V&R, so you don't need to need to install any other versions, just install this one on your HL installation and you're good to go!
Installation is simple, extract the remod_vengellion folder that is inside the .7z into your Half-Life installation folder (Where hl.exe is located, NOT inside any of the other folder such as "valve" or "valve_hd")"
Example would be "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life"
There should now be a "remod_vengellion" folder inside you Half-Life installation folder along with any other mod/steam-related folders you may have inside.
Restart Steam, Vengeance & Rebellion | Remod should be inside the Games list.
If that doesn't work somehow, create a shortcut of hl.exe, open it's Properties, add " -game MODNAME" to the end of the target bar.
Example would be "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\hl.exe -game remod_vengellion"
The mod also adds simple detail texturing, if not activated yet, type "r_detailtextures 1" and its counterpart into the console.