Vault 1 you stumble upon what appears to be an ordinary abandoned vault until you discover it has inhabitants. they have a busted water chip and you need to find the components for them to fix the purifier before the vault becomes their graves.
It seemed kind of strange for a "Hardcore" mode character to have an unlimited Canteen, I didn't like the lack of realism for the item, so I changed it.
Name: Vault 13 Canteen Limiter
This mod adds several scripts to the game, and replaces the Misc Item Canteen with a piece of clothing. Equipping the Canteen will check if you have any water, and if you do, fill up the canteen with it. (At least one Purified Water is needed)
You need the GameStop preorder DLC for this to work.
1. Extract the files to a temporary location.
2. Examine the folder structure and make corrections where necessary.
3. Copy files to (install folder)\Fallout New Vegas\Data\
4. Start Fallout Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the .esp file.
1. Start Fallout Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file.
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.
Known Issues or Bugs
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the counter for how many uses the canteen has left resets every time you load the save. But it's not a really huge bug, and it won't affect the mod much.
You never know, somebody might know how to resolve the issue.
1.0, 19/10/2010 - Initial release.
You can contact me through private messages on any of the Nexus sites if you need to.
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that
you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod. I would also like
to know what mods are including my work