Valar Morghulis - Ice & Fire is a mod for Rome - Total War - Alexander which was inspired by and based on The Game of Thrones.
This is a new version with forced diplomacy and other bits, see the comments for more info.
This new version includes a more active script...
- Alliances are forced between the Starks, Tullys, and Arryns. It will be annoying when one of them tries to besiege you every turn but that's just a fault of rtw that I can't fix.
- Westeros factions are forced to be neutral to the Knight's Watch, with one exception; if the Boltons become hostile with the Starks then they will not necessarily remain neutral with the Watch.
- White Walkers can't make peace with anyone.
- Dany gets some dothraki boiz if her faction conquers their homeland.
- The White Walkers can be destroyed by capturing their original settlement, and you should get warnings about their expansion, but you'll get a nasty surprise if you venture there.
- You'll get a notification every time someone captures King's Landing.
Also I've removed the modified traits/ancillary bits from before and this seems to have fixed some of the ctd's. Yes I know there are lots of references to 'Romans' and other bits from vanilla rtw but it's just too much to take it all out.
Pleast note - Valar Morghulis now runs on the Alexander add-on.
To install the mod, you first need to unzip the file and place the "got" folder directly inside your Rome - Total War folder.
It should be something like:
C:/Program Files(x86 or x64)/The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War
- Make a copy of your Rome - Total War - Alexander add on desktop shortcut
- Right-click on it
- Select "Properties"
- At the end of the box that says "path" or "target", type -mod:got -nm
- This should go after the quotes in that box with a space, like so:
...\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:got -nm
You should now be able to double-click the shortcut and run the game.
For Steam Users
Complete Step 1 as above, putting got in the relevant Steam folder:
It should be something like:
C:/Program Files(x86 or x64)/Steam/steamapps/common/Alexander
Then to play the mod from the Steam Library:
Right click on RTW - Alexander in the steam library.
Click 'Set Launch Options...'
type into the box '-mod:got -nm'
And then run RTW - Alexander. To run regular RTW - Alexander again delete the '-mod:got -nm' command again.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Is this mod still in development?
It's been released in full. Twice.
I'm having trouble saving the campaign for factions like targaryens and free city of volantis any help?
This happens when there is more than one instance of the script running for whatever reason. Press 'esc' to bring up the menu and click the '?' at the top right. Close out the menu and reopen it and the save button will be restored.
it wont let me stat a new game.
Any help with save and load button? its not available for some factions on my computer pls help
Hi, the mod is great but how do I get the 4 turns per year script to work? The advisor says the script was loaded but it's still only 2turns
hi just a quick question, im having some crash issues about 15/20 turns into the game. is that normal? and is there a way to fix it? it seems to happen with every house i choose. I can restart the game and continue the campaign but everytime i end my turn the game still crashes.
Theres somthing wrong, it says that the game cant read a chatfilter.san file then the game crashes at the intro. How can i fix this?
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
game of thrones
rome total war