Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Version 1.88.3 Changelog (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Version 1.88.3 Changelog) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Sep 30 2016 Anchor

Hint:
* = Fixes.
- = Ideas not taken to effect yet.
!* = Applied ingame, but as rough drafts (non final product)
> = Noted for next version.
>> = Noted, but not for another two versions or more.

------------------------

PLANS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

------------------------
Global:
------------------------
* Costs of all turrets and build times are different and slightly nerfed.
* AI is now fully updated to version 1.88.
* Walls are now 50 requisition more expensive.
* Plasma Generators now boost the production rates of connected structures from 10% to 20%. Extra LP garrisson decreased from 10% to 5%.
* Plasma Generator connection bonus radius increased from 8m to 12m.
* Super Generators now boost the production rates of connected structures from 30% to 50%.
* Super Generator connection bonus radius increased from 16m to 25m.

AI Changes ------------------------

------------------------
Chaos Marines:
------------------------

* "More Gargant Armor research" ucs was changed to "Chaos Dreadnought Infiltration" from the Machine Pit was fixed.
* "" ucs was changed to "Squad Size Research II".
* "Even More Gargant Armor" ucs was changed to "Titan Armor Research".
* Chaos Dreadnought is now successfully infiltrated after the research.
* "Begin Unleashing Warp Storms Add-On" was renamed to "The Great Ruinous Castle". Ucs was fixed.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Chaos Daemons:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Dark Eldar:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Eldar:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Imperial Guard:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Inquisition:
------------------------

* Shrine To The Emperor research costs decreased by 50% (excluding Exterminatus).
* Bunkers now cost 100 power.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Necrons:
------------------------
* Sentry Pylon armor changed from Living Metal to Armored Structure.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Orks:
------------------------
* Flash Gitz damage decreased by 10%. Damage versus structures decreased by 50%.
* Orks bonuses while in massively large groups requires more Waaaagh (population) now.
* Even Bigga and Meanest Generator size decreased by 25%.
* Nukklear Bomma bombs cost decreased from 3000/3000 to 2500/2500. Range increased by 20m.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Sisters of Battle:
------------------------

* Bunkers now cost 100 power.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Space Marines:
------------------------
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Blood Angels
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Dark Angels
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Space Wolves
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Salamanders
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Imperial Fists
* Emperor's Finest: Space Marines, Omnissiah, and Machine Spirit research costs decreased by 50%.
* "Deathwatch Special Grenades" were renamed to "Legionaire Grenades".
* Legionaire infiltration research ucs was fixed.
* Legionaire squad cap decreased from 4 to 3.
AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tau:
------------------------
* XV81, XV8, and XV89 Crisis Suit squad damage outputs increased by 20%.
* Skyray Missile Gunship damage output increased by 5%.
* Shield Generators cost 100 more power.
* Ark Defense Turret cost increased by 2%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tyranids:
------------------------
* Tervigon model was switched over to the Uberfex model as there were permission violations with another author.
* Tervigon model and textures were removed from the mod.
* Lag is so far fixed, no issues through our latest test runs so... fixed?
AI Changes-------------

--------------------------------------------------------|
Tech Trees (Visual Images Separate from mod): |
> Inquisition Daemonhunters tech tree was updated for 1.88.
> Chaos Daemons tech tree was updated for 1.88.
> Chaos Space Marines tech tree was updated for 1.88.

SCAR (Winconditions): |
* Fixed UA 8p map issues.

Sep 30 2016 Anchor

Will this nerf apply to Dameon turrets? They have already seem to have had this nerf(s) in the past. I think they should be excluded from further building speed nerfs and price increases.

Also how will the turret nerf effect Necrons?

Sep 30 2016 Anchor

Necron turrets receive a slight increase in price (upgraded version) while Tyranids and Daemons are unaffected.

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Oct 1 2016 Anchor
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

Necron turrets receive a slight increase in price (upgraded version) while Tyranids and Daemons are unaffected.

What turrets? Level 1 (T0) or 2 level (T1)?

And also, what will happen to C tan? Will there be added new? (I'm talking about post Cosmocrata) Moddb.com

Oct 1 2016 Anchor

Will IG Relic tanks be getting buffed? Will IG infantry get an overcharged lasguns upgrade in Tier 3 or so?

Oct 1 2016 Anchor

Finally a most needed Necron nerf, those Sentry Pylons were a tremendous pain in the a** to me...

Only way my Chaos Marines could handle them was melee from either CL or Termies, now my Havoc's will wreak them good!

Oct 1 2016 Anchor

Where can I download the patch? Can't seem to find any files..

Oct 1 2016 Anchor

Reposting from the Inquisition thread

Talk about infinite resources... This guys are the new necrons. I uncap their points and blow up their gens and they keep pulling troops and vehicles out of their ass like if nothing happened. Their resource buildings are WAY too good, I dominated them for 80% of the game on Hard, kept blowing up all of their LPs and Gens but the tanks and grey knights just kept coming like if nothing happened, eventually beating me out of sheer attrition. Considering this is not IG or Orks, this faction SHOULD NOT be so insanely good at attrition warfare since their units are already elites and very effective even in low numbers.

Inquisition NEEDS balance.

(And Nids need to stop lagging me to death lol).

Oct 1 2016 Anchor

(And Nids need to stop lagging me to death lol).

Well at least that was fixed... xD Yeah IDH resource stuff... I know, it is hard to balance indeed. :(

Where can I download the patch? Can't seem to find any files..

'Tis coming.

Will IG Relic tanks be getting buffed? Will IG infantry get an overcharged lasguns upgrade in Tier 3 or so?

I don't understand how they should be buffed, can you explain please?

IG lasguns in T3? Sure.

What turrets? Level 1 (T0) or 2 level (T1)?

Upgraded version aka T1

Oct 2 2016 Anchor

When the chaos warlord comes? I really need it.

Oct 2 2016 Anchor

Hey you say in the change log:

* New Chapter Research (WIP): Blood Angels
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Dark Angels
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Space Wolves
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Salamanders
* New Chapter Research (WIP): Imperial Fists

But when i went in game i also had the option to choose the Black Templars Crusade as well?

Oct 2 2016 Anchor

IG lasguns in T3? Sure

YUS

Oct 2 2016 Anchor
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

IG lasguns in T3? Sure.

I would suggest tier 2, since the IG struggle to make it to tier 3

Edited by: Admiral_Gaarn

Oct 2 2016 Anchor

Also the issue of the Guardsman squads losing those extra 3 members when they reach tier 2 triggers me still

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

How do guard struggle to get to tier 3? Lascannons in general at least 99% of the mod are in tier 3.

Also the issue of the Guardsman squads losing those extra 3 members when they reach tier 2 triggers me still

THIS. Still don't know the cause of it...

But when i went in game i also had the option to choose the Black Templars Crusade as well?

None of these new chapters are playable yet. Even Black Templars. They are a display for now.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

None of these new chapters are playable yet. Even Black Templars. They are a display for now.

Does that mean you plan to add the Chapters, as in the actual faction mods for those chapters and merge them with UA, or something else like a separate sub-faction just for UA?

(call me salty but if so I sincerely hope we get world eaters, thousand sons and stuff for chaos... at least those two already got their own mods sorta...)

Edited by: Chosen_of_Khorne88

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

I think they're just research paths kind of like the Img Guards arty/tank/infantry doctrines, but with extra units.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

How do guard struggle to get to tier 3? Lascannons in general at least 99% of the mod are in tier 3.

Watch a replay of AI playing IG and they lose pretty much everytime. I posted a whole thread on this if you want a little more detail. Hell, most factions get damage boosts for their infantry before tier 3, so why not IG?

Edited by: Admiral_Gaarn

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

Uhm... I just played Orks and they kinda seem to get ALL of their build-options after building just ONE Banner. They jump right into the full Waaagh! I don't know if this is because of the higher resource rates I enabled, or if it is a feature instead of a bug, but it seems highly implausible.

And I'm kinda worried that I seem to be the first one to spot and report this.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

IG is fine early game, I have seen them used pretty well and aggressively when fighting against other players. I wouldn't "balance" IG based off what the AI (also what difficulty, game rules and map?) does/does not do or how they preform.

Edited by: VoidLight

Oct 3 2016 Anchor
VoidLight wrote:

IG is fine early game, i;v seem them used pretty well and aggressively when fighting against other players. I wouldn't "balance" IG based off what the AI does/does not do or how they preform.

True, but it tells something. I am not saying the IG are bad overall, and they are indeed fine early game. Its mid-late game when things turn pair shaped. Most other factions get upgrades that boost almost every aspect of their units, while the IG are left somewhat wanting in the infantry upgrade department, especially with the huge lack of damage upgrades.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

Well they do get a few upgrade very tier which is more than I can say for Nid and Daemon infantry which stay about the same during the whole game. But I do know that feeling when you feel that infantry if all but useless mid game unless you spend a ton of resources spamming and reinforcing them while your opponent cuts them down with elite or pre-elite infantry.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

THIS. Still don't know the cause of it...

Maybe a research could make their squads 20-22 Members possibly at T3? It could be a good way to counter that bug. (Or T2 but that would be a good amount of them)

Edited by: TheKaiseriswiser

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

IG is pretty much the worst faction atm, ugly models, ugly portraits and ugly gameplay. This is coming from someone who plays them a lot in vanilla.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

I wouldn't say "ugly gameplay" but everything else you listed has nothing to do with why they would be the worst fraction. How is it the worst when it has the largest fan base and the most content?

About their game play I mostly see IG players lose only when they decide to forfeit the map and stack defenses and spam artillery.. IG generally has a decent early game seeing that conscripts can take on spinegaunts, furies, scouts and sometimes cultist/guardians while being very cost friendly at the same time. Their builders also have good hp/armor and better building speed (after research) than a few others at the start. So they are far from being the worse, its just that they cant beat everything during every tier and they don't have the most fancy looking units/artwork but that has nothing to do with hos the unit preforms i mean look at storm troopers and the daemon lord, they are ugly but they can put in the work when if used right.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.