Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Ultimate Apocalypse THB Bug Report Thread - 1.81.0 and 1.81.29 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Ultimate Apocalypse THB Bug Report Thread - 1.81.0 and 1.81.29) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jul 5 2015 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version after 1.81.0.

This thread relates to the THB release (1.81.0). All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids, Daemons or IDH race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens. Make sure that you have actually loaded The UA THB: New Factions mod in the game manager if you wish to use these races. Also make sure all separate race mods are up to date!

sinblood
sinblood Undefined Species
Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Win condition: Restriction Game Ender (AI) Do not work anymore.

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version after 1.81.0.

This thread relates to the THB release (1.81.0). All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids, Daemons or IDH race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens. Make sure that you have actually loaded The UA THB: New Factions mod in the game manager if you wish to use these races. Also make sure all separate race mods are up to date!

*IMAGE REMOVED until I learn how to thumbnail :( *

Is this happening only to me?
No helmet whatsoever for the Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor, also sometimes it spawns with 2 horns, other times nothing (like in this picture), but never seen with helmet like it has in the army painter....

Edited by: KalidhoS

Jul 6 2015 Anchor

I apologize for paying more attention at the time, but something is buggy with Necron relic units.
Sometime after summoning a single Siege Monolith, my relic resource count started going back up as if it had died (It hadn't). Said resource count capped at 998 rather than the 1k it should've been.
In addition, it appears summoning Siege Monoliths from a Doomsday Monolith cost 200 Relic, but it starts going back up right away, allowing me to have an infinite number of said units. At some point the cost for my Doomsday was payed back as well, to a cap of 996 this time.

I'm not entirely sure what happened going on, but with a cap of 1K relic, I should not have been able to own a Gauss Pylon, Doomsday Monolith and 3 Siege Monoliths unless they're meant to be free when summoned in such a way.

Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Version: 1.81.0
Race: Necrons
Issue: Hotkey confliction

When the Tomb Stalker becomes available to build. The hokey "M" conflicts with the deepstrike hotkey also being used for the Monolith that uses "M" for deepstriking.

sinblood
Jul 6 2015 Anchor

@KalidhoS: Thumbnail dammit THUMBNAIL!

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Sorry for the lack of editing and clarity

Probably intended: Necron Great Pyramid dormant weapons are not the same range as main weapon. (0:50)

Most likely bug, hard to understand visually: Energy Beacons does not activate all 14 dormant weapons (built more than enough of them)

Damage of the dormant weapons at least to titans doesn`t look right.

Cease Fire button does not disable main or dormant weapons 1:55

Jul 6 2015 Anchor
sinblood wrote:

@KalidhoS: Thumbnail dammit THUMBNAIL!

Thank you for your polite and kind suggestion :)
I don't know how to create a thumbnail so meanwhile I removed the image, so that no one else come screaming at me 'cause of that

Would you be so kind to explain me how to create a thumbnail? That would be much appreciated

Jul 6 2015 Anchor

KalidhoS wrote:

Would you be so kind to explain me how to create a thumbnail? That would be much appreciated

Just add an imgur link to the text.

More to my previous post.

0:10 - 0:47 Great Pyramid again

0:50 - 2:38 Damage of the Gauss Pylons is still very small. As far as I can see either damage should be at least 3 times stronger or attack speed greatly increased.

2:40 - 10:50 Damage of the Doomsday is still not on the Titan level.

10:55 - end of the video. Damage that 5 Gauss Pylons do to the Titans - the only type of units that pylons are build against. 5 Pylons cost 17500 energy + 2500 relic resource, the damage we get from them is not okay for the cost. This is the relic resource cost of 3 Æonic orbs and energy cost of one Orb plus both Solar Nukes.

Really like the new Sterilization Obelisk sound. Would be nice if you looked at the Necron Lord sounds too, they are inconsistent and sometimes really annoying.

Edited by: MrMidBoss

Jul 7 2015 Anchor

I'm not sure if this is considered a bug, but the sound from IG's Plasma Cannon add-on for turrets is extremely loud relative to everything else.

Jul 7 2015 Anchor

Found today: R'varna titans one shots enemy titan when enemy titans shield is down, not sure if intentional or a bug. Tested vs ig against warhounds and the general reaver titan

Jul 7 2015 Anchor

Dreadknight is permanently loosing life even when out of combat. not sure what triggers it, or if I missed something, but most likely a bug. I will edit if any further information or correction.

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

Win condition: Restriction Game Ender (AI) Do not work anymore.

What ya mean by that mate? :) It works at least for me. More info required.

Thank you everyone for their feedback! Some was applied in 1.81.29 and I'm trying to get the rest in other patches. :)

@Sythion: Which is a severly interesting bug... try to replicate that as best as possible? I'll contact my testers about it...

No helmet whatsoever for the Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor, also sometimes it spawns with 2 horns, other times nothing (like in this picture), but never seen with helmet like it has in the army painter....

It's random. He sometimes gets helmets, he sometimes gets wicked knee caps. :D

When the Tomb Stalker becomes available to build. The hokey "M" conflicts with the deepstrike hotkey also being used for the Monolith that uses "M" for deepstriking.

Cease Fire button does not disable main or dormant weapons 1:55

0:50 - 2:38 Damage of the Gauss Pylons is still very small. As far as I can see either damage should be at least 3 times stronger or attack speed greatly increased.

2:40 - 10:50 Damage of the Doomsday is still not on the Titan level.

Will be fixed next patch.

Found today: R'varna titans one shots enemy titan when enemy titans shield is down, not sure if intentional or a bug. Tested vs ig against warhounds and the general reaver titan

Intentional as it gives off a mini nuke and the R'Varna is a rare one on one combatant, that, if fielded will be deadlier than even reavers. But takes extreme patience to field.

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

Version 1.8.29

Imperial Guard
The AI's turrets upgrade into missile launchers rather than Autocannons. From there they can still upgrade into (overly loud) plasma as per usual.

Necron
Attack Scarabs do not regain health naturally and cannot be repaired. I feel this is unintentional as to the best of my knowledge everything else can either regain health or be repaired.

For the Necron Lord, the "Tier 2" Wargear (Gaze of Flame, Gauss Flayer and Reaping Blades) don't mention their effects in their descriptions, which I believe is "Increased damage vs moral", "Increased melee damage" and "Increased ranged damage".

The Cease Fire option for the Great Pyramid has a missing texture purple square until I research Active Superweapon.

Doomsday Monolith has an ability saying "Summon a SQUAD of Siege Monolith." Should be changed to "Summon A Siege Monolith"

@Lord_Cylarne
As requested I've done my best to replicate the bug and have the following results:
1) It appears Ascending a Siege Monolith returns 198 of it's Relic cost and Descending returns the remaining 2. Additional Ascending/Descending of the same Monolith has no effect.
2) I can surpass the cap of 1000 Relic with no modifiers by doing the following:
Build a Siege Monolith and then delete it. While the destroyed Monolith is still on-screen, start construction of a Relic unit. When the Monolith disappears, you'll get +200 to your relic.

While I haven't tested any of this I assume the following:
You'll get +200 as long as you aren't at your current cap of based on modifiers and number of Sterilization Obiliseks built.
Said Monolith can be destroyed by battle rather than deletion.
Doing this with two or more at once will give you +400 or more.

In conclusion, Siege Monoliths are buggy.

EDIT: I forgot to look into Doomsday Monoliths. I posted that I had one built and 996 Relic. The missing 4 is understandable due to the above, but not a free 500.

Edited by: Sythion

sinblood
Jul 8 2015 Anchor
Lord_Cylarne wrote:

sinblood Win condition: Restriction Game Ender (AI) Do not work anymore.

Lord_Cylarne What ya mean by that mate? :) It works at least for me. More info required.

I mean, AI can build their super structure and use their super weapon ability.

I have not yet tried it with new patch (1.81.29). Maybe it will work as intended again. I'll edit my post if it still don't work.

@Sythion: About Siege Monolith, that's an old well known bug.Was already there with 1.73 version. I guess it can't be fixed if it's still there after all this time :\

Another old Necron bug which I have reported more than once: Aeonic Orb can't shoot its super weapons on other Necron titans/monoliths/structures (not completely sure about the last though).

Edited by: sinblood

--

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

Since installing the latest patch, every time I launch soulstorm, I get the steam (game had crashed) dialoge and the Error report popup.

The game launches fine after that, but it is annoying why this keeps occurring. Has anybody else experienced the same? Is there a way to disable

the crash report or a file which may trigger it which I can delete? I didn't have luck finding it in google searches. Thanks.

[update] - I was able to fix this. Just passing on if somebody else had same issue. In steam, go to your library, right click the Dawn of War Soulstorm game, click Properties. From there, click the Local Files tab, and Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This found 1 issue, it fixed it for me.

Edited by: madhatter70

sinblood
Jul 8 2015 Anchor

If you are using the x64 patch, don't forget to install it again then Moddb.com . Steam is replacing it by the normal one in the process.

--

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

Another old Necron bug which I have reported more than once: Aeonic Orb can't shoot its super weapons on other Necron titans/monoliths/structures (not completely sure about the last though).

That`s because Necron Monoliths are "immune to most superweapons".

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

How do I watch a thread without posting in it?

Either way, I haven't had anytime to play the mod but I haven't noticed any patchnote changes about the Daemon, Inquisition, or Tyranid's AI getting double req income compared to everyone else. I'm gonna play this weekend and see if this still happens. I'll be posting again then when I've seen the results.

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

My friend has downloaded patch 1.81.29 but when ever he tried to actually use the patch his computer says that windows can't find the file. Anyone have any ideas, we just played last night.

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

The aeonic orb ability recharge does not work i think it's called necromadec energy. if you use it it does not recharge any of the abilities.

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

@MrMidBoss Thank you :)

@Lord_Cylarne thanks to you too, too bad the only time I've seen the Terminator helmet on the Chaos Lord was in the army painter :(
SO UNLUCKY, SUCKS BEING ME!!! :(

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

This version of this file is not compatible with version of windows you're running check your computer system infromation to see whether you need an x86 (32bit or 64bit (I have 64bit) version of the program.

Never mind the empire has fix it long live the empire!! the blood ravens saved the day like always thank you worker person who fixed it your a true hero of the marines! the Librarian who fix this patch has Great power, never mind im geting a model box saying the model was bad i don't know what happen so yea

Jul 8 2015 Anchor

BUG REPORT: When the Broodlords attack in stealth mode can't be seen even when my troops are around them... they still been stealhed... this is annoying because they are in the radius of my infantry where can be show but are invisible!!!.

Jul 9 2015 Anchor

Hello I have a suggestion. Why not make 2 patch versions one with turrets still buildable outside of area and one without because I know a lot of people including me who don't feel like upgrading due to losing the ability to build turrets. Just like how there is THB new factions and without.

Actually can it be an addon? whether turrets can be rallied outside zone or not please just make it an addon???

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.