Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Dawn of War 3 discussions Go nuts! (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Fan Thread : Dawn of War 3 discussions Go nuts!) Locked
Thread Options
May 4 2016 Anchor

This thread is where you can all talk about Dawn of War 3! Go nuts!

Firelord475 Firelord475 3hours 3mins ago

Dawn of war 3 will be like 1 with the rpg elements of two thrown in from what ive gathered.

(Base building, and also cover system)

That being said, they only said 3 factions for campaign, which leads me to think there will be more for multi, as 2 only had a 1 faction campaign.

Roderic2014 Roderic2014 2hours 49mins ago

The RPG system into RTS is something I find difficult to grasp; in Warcraft 3 was annoying and in AoE III was a mild stupidity. I personally like more less heroes and personified units and more undefined ones; in the campaign it can work but I dislike this for skirmishes and MP.

Have you seen the graphics? They are crisp but somehow I find them too cartoonish specially the terrain

stamstamstam stamstamstam 41mins 49secs ago

YOU found heroes annoying in Warcraft 3.
Warcraft 3 is the quintessence of RTS, show some respect.

Firelord475 Firelord475 2hours 7mins ago

There going for a pure TT style, which ironically is very cartoonish.

Roderic2014 Roderic2014 47mins 49secs ago

Cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net

Not impressed :/

Ahrimansiah Ahrimansiah 8hours 57mins ago

man about DOW3 i just hope they dont reboot the whole game again! i mean like dow2 where u start with space marines, choas, orcs and eldar! i hate how all companies do the same this days! whenever a new game version come out they remove everything from past versions and add them again slowly by dlc like they did with last version >.<
man i miss old times when a NEW version of a game meant: what u had in old version + new goodies!
beside i just hope they make it good enough! like some other friend said... its hard to trust STR games this days... there is no love or passion in them...
but at least we still have Ultimate apocalypse!

Roderic2014 Roderic2014 2hours 54mins ago

It's the same with movies. How many times in our lives we will see uncle Ben dying and the spider biting Peter Parker?

QAI_9000 QAI_9000 7hours 40mins ago

It's revealed that there is going to be only three factions available to play in the main game and that's really shameful. Sorry SEGA but no Chaos, no customer.
It would be so ridiculous if they do the same thing as they did with Total War: Warhammer.

Ahrimansiah Ahrimansiah 3hours 34mins ago

agh as i was expected.... god damn it this DLC system was supposed to add MORE to games NOT rip them apart and scam you for what should have been already in game!
one thing i love warhammer for is its massive universe with so many different factions and races!
now we even have to pay to get the main races of the game!

Catz_Rule Catz_Rule 4hours 20mins ago

3 CAMPAIGN races (or so I'm assuming), they probably will add the rest for skirmish and whatnot. Wouldn't make sense if they didn't

Ahrimansiah Ahrimansiah 3hours 31mins ago

thats a wishful thinking... lets hope ur right because it wasnt like this in Warhammer 2...
EDIT: ok i just did read latest news, there is 4 factions (dwarfs, vampires, empire, orcs) and all others will be added as dlc...

May 4 2016 Anchor

hehe will copy paste what i said at relic forum

i think this are not the final textures(hope so),yes agree the textures are cartonish,what engine will relic use new engine or reworked and improved dow 2 engine??

first thing is how mod friendly dow 3 will be??as dow 2 reguarding dow 1 was mod un-friendly.

Pcgamesn.com

here they mention something about moding and UA mod.

good things

base buildings again,bigg batles,Super units

bad things

-do we see any landraider,predator tank whirlwind,loted tank,batlewagon/fortress,squigoth in images??hope they will be imported in the game

-no air units,did relic mention anything about them??well i dont care too much but,no air units no manta,no hell drake

-only 3 races at begining,in dow 2 we had 4 in begining than 2 others trough dlc,i think/hope they will add few more trough dlc like tyranids,ig,tau,necrons,doubt that we ever see except trough mods,grey knights/idh,sob and dark eldar,i dont care about campaign,only skirmish and online.

-will titans be in the game??warlord,banelord,warhound etc.

Edited by: mauritos

May 4 2016 Anchor

I know it's a little soon to be passing judgement, but, I am one of little disposable income. If Chaos isn't a faction at launch, no deal. If the factions aren't as fleshed out as the UA mod, no deal. Hell, Sega and Relic really should be consulting Cylarne on how to proceed. If it wasn't for him and the awesomeness of UA keeping interest on DoW, there might not even BE a 3 in the works.

May 5 2016 Anchor

Those motherfuckers made only 3 races, thats a bullshit. After that you should buy other races apart from its main release like it was with DOW 1 addons series. Welcome to back in time or deja vu.

May 6 2016 Anchor

Let's make one thing crystal clear first: Warcraft 3 was NOT the quintessence of RTS. C&C Tiberian Sun was.

But I liked how your elite-units (heroes) got stronger after defeating some enemys. So let's hope relic will get it at least as good as Blizzard with WC3.

Another thing is: Of course they won't bring all the races of the previous game to the next one at the beginning. The whole way of how a game is made today is totally different from back in the 80s and 90s. You don't make everything you can and present it in your game today. You build a small game around the lowest common denominator and see if enough people are buying so that you can add something more and expand your customerbase. Funny thing is: That's not to annoy the customers. I truly believe that not even the programmers like that it's done so today. But that's the safest way to publish. This way you can create a game in relatively short time with a set amount of founds and you don't need to take as much risk as with programming 2 years or more on a huge game that not enough people will buy at the end of that time. The publishers and creators have learned from the past.

But what I find really funny is how so many people are annoyed by how the industry works today. And I bet at least 70% of these posters have jumped the steam-wagon as soon as it was presented to them. Let me tell you something, suckers: You yourself have brougth this upon us. If you validate a concept - that cuts content, makes it harder to mod and uses digital content instead of sending something physical - by using and spending money on it, you can bet that it's gonna expand. At least Steam worked out many of its old shortcommings by now, but seriously, most of you who are annoyed today were the enablers a few years back. For 15 years I've voiced my concerns and cut my own gaming experiences because I didn't wanted to support these decisions that the industry tried to force down our throats. I've enough of it.

If the game is decent at the end and gives the modders enough room, I don't care if there are 3 or 5 or even just one faction, because the modders will add all the others anyway. If it is as "mod-friendly" as dow2, it will die the same way its predecessor did. In the end the modding community is the only thing you can really count on - game-wise - these days. So I'm sorry, but I just don't care about all the pessimists. Time will tell what dow3 will bring us. Until the modding-possibillities aren't definite, this is just the game equivalent of Schrödingers Cat.

Njorunn
Njorunn Canoness
May 9 2016 Anchor

Is base building confirmed?

May 10 2016 Anchor

Who knows? but I got high hopes it have =)

Dawn of War 2 command center design is cool... just no building option ==

Njorunn
Njorunn Canoness
May 10 2016 Anchor

@Wraithlord_Zeratul

I hope so too - not interested in another Dow 2... Not getting hyped over DoW 3 like you guys until I see what it actually is. Been burned too many times by game-hype before... :p

May 10 2016 Anchor
Njorunn wrote:

Rumor has it that they announced it.

May 11 2016 Anchor

Yes, a PC gamer article announced that Base Building is 100% confirmed: Pcgamer.com

Njorunn
Njorunn Canoness
May 13 2016 Anchor

Alright that's good, thanks. Now all that's left is how much moddable it will be.

Considering GWs greed with Warhammer Total War (not allowing CA to add mod support to the game - probably so they can make it a DLC-fest) there might be none, but I'm still hoping.

May 16 2016 Anchor

I wish I could say that DoW3 will die in childbed if it isn't modable, but with so many dumbfucks not even knowing what they do if they support a game this way, I'm really not sure.

May 18 2016 Anchor

Sadly true, if dow3 isn't moddable, there is almost no point for a lot of people to keep playing it, and for us to mod it...And we'll be back on dow 1 in no time...Happened with dow2 already.

Jun 1 2016 Anchor

Hopefully they just concentrate on making the armies balanced, having a variety of ways to play and decent mechanics and features to keep each match refreshing and interesting.

Titans are an I win button and are the anti-thesis to challenging gameplay that requires micromanagement and quick thinking, so personally I could give less of a shit whether or not they're included and don't see why people care so much.

Base building adds an interesting dynamic to RTS and I hope it's implemented well. Command & Conquer & Starcraft made them an integral part of your gameplay, I hope they're not just invincible buildings that are basically a tech tree but instead actually allow players to sever an opponent's production capacity if they're not careful and adds a different method of beating your opponent rather than sheer attrition-which Dawn of War 1 and especially 2 got wrong in my opinion.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.