Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bugs Report - 1.88.5 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bugs Report - 1.88.5) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 2 2016 Anchor

Hello UA Team, I want begin this thread reporting a white screen in the Army Painter back the units. Greetings

Dec 2 2016 Anchor

Can confirm the same as ralleo1980.

Dec 2 2016 Anchor

That's apparently a feature. My issue with it is it obscures RGB numbers!

Dec 3 2016 Anchor

I sure hope whoever said that was joking that its a feature... its a pretty fucking awful "feature" and is extremely unimaginative.

Dec 6 2016 Anchor

Hello. 1.88.5 seems to be hightly unstable for me and my friend. While 1.88.3 almost never crashed, in this version we keep crashing before we can finish 8p game (both of us crash simultaneously, at random moments, usually mid-game). Also, got "Sync fail error" a few times, wich we never seen in older versions.

Dec 12 2016 Anchor

It's not properly a bug but Ogryn are classified anti aircraft/infantry, VS Aircraft sucks, Vs infantry too!. Try to raise some armor and maybe remove the morale or some ability.

Dec 17 2016 Anchor
whitewolf9313 wrote:

Hello. 1.88.5 seems to be hightly unstable for me and my friend. While 1.88.3 almost never crashed, in this version we keep crashing before we can finish 8p game (both of us crash simultaneously, at random moments, usually mid-game). Also, got "Sync fail error" a few times, wich we never seen in older versions.

My concern is that not only is it a little blinding, but it's also not the best for testing out colors, as you will never, to my knowledge, ever fight on a pure-white battlefield. There are a fair amount of winter maps, true, but still.

Dec 20 2016 Anchor

I have had this issue for a bit and I am not sure how to fix it. For some reason when ever I try to play as the Tau or the Sisters of Battle I always get the fatal scar error, execution paused. Is it an installation issue? I reinstalled UA again but it still seems to be that way

Ok I figured it out I think. It has something to do with the Elite unit start I think

Dec 21 2016 Anchor

hello i can confirm the following bug as well^
Soulstorm 2016 12 21 10 48 13

Jan 4 2017 Anchor

1.88.5 is incredibly unstable. None of my friends, nor I, have managed to finish a game yet. Sometimes it's within 15 minutes, sometimes after an hour. Since we play on harder difficulties the games can drag on quite a bit. In the dozen or so games we've played together this has ALWAYS been the case. Previous releases have been fine, with the occasional crash or sync error maybe once every 5 games, almost always immediately upon match start.

Jan 4 2017 Anchor
Ryhnhart wrote:

1.88.5 is incredibly unstable. None of my friends, nor I, have managed to finish a game yet. Sometimes it's within 15 minutes, sometimes after an hour. Since we play on harder difficulties the games can drag on quite a bit. In the dozen or so games we've played together this has ALWAYS been the case. Previous releases have been fine, with the occasional crash or sync error maybe once every 5 games, almost always immediately upon match start

Though I've been able to finish matches I agree one-hundred-fold that this is the buggiest version of UA I've played to date. notably, when playing against AI Daemons, we always crash after hearing an ominous laughter. I've never played Daemons, so I don't know what unit causes this exactly.

But yes, very often people join games "Early" and everyone else gets a "Player Annihilated" message. It's gotten so bad that we perform a ritualistic "Rite of Safe Loading" to appease the Omnissiah every time we start a match.

Jan 9 2017 Anchor

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but often times when playing as the Tau and selecting a target for the XV202 Mako Titan the Titan will turn towards the desired target slightly and then shoot at whatever enemy/building it "feels like". This phenomenon occurs regardless of which stance the unit is in (hold ground, attack, burn, etc.) Despite this situation, it is possible to force the Mako Titan to attack the desired target by furiously right-clicking the target you want (however this is annoying when you are trying to micro manage multiple units). Finally, it may be worth noting that this bug has persisted through multiple patches.

Jan 9 2017 Anchor

At the Eldar there was also a bug. The ability of the Shadowseer "Gracious Alacrity" does not work when the autarch is on the battlefield. However, only the increase in the production rate in buildings is affected. If the autarch is in a portal, it works great.

K84
K84
Jan 27 2017 Anchor

The second pilot on the Rampage model has a weird graphical glitch - this has persisted since v1.85 when the changelog said the model had been fixed.

Feb 5 2017 Anchor

Have to agree with a prior post about instability of this build. It could be related to the content overtaxing my PC, meaning this wouldn't be happening if my PC was more powerful, but with prior builds I've been playing, it didn't crash under the same types of matches. Game typically crashes when I click on a unit when there's a large battle with many units shooting, mid way or near the end of the skirmish (20 to 30 mins into a 45 minute skirmish). Reloading from the last save just causes the game to crash at the same point.

My PC: Win7 64-bit, i5-4670 3.4Ghz, 16G RAM, GTX780 4G RAM, 1920x1080 display

Playing: 1v7 or 1v5 skirmishes, medium or low graphic quality settings

May 1 2017 Anchor

I'm still having the white screen problem too idk what causes it.

May 5 2017 Anchor

I am not so good in English, so I write in my language German that can you copy in the google translator,

wenn man bei den lychguards von den necrons oben herab sieht kann man in die dinger die sie auf den rücken haben hinein gucken,

dann hab ich noch etwas da bin ich mir aber nicht sicher, der overseer liegt wie die anderen necron lorde und gruft spinnen am anfang des gefechts als leiche in der basis aber er liegt nicht er steht als leiche ist das normal ?

Edited by: Yeaaah!

Jul 20 2017 Anchor

So look i know this has been brought up before but I still havent found anything that work short of deleting everything and starting again. I've updated to the latest version of both game and mod (1.88.5) and I am still having a serious bug with the AI (both friendly and enemy). Orks are the only faction that will actually work properly some of the time, most armies will not advance past their initial SP capturing units and will clog their base and forget to make builders. others will build a few buildings then clog their base with so many mid tier units they forget to move them and attack.

Guys if this has been answered before I'm very sorry I definitely looked everywhere i could think of to try to find an answer and have had no luck.

any help would be very much appreciated.

p.s. as a massive fan of Warhammer 40k for going on 20 years and a huge fan of the DOW franchise (more the older versions than DOW2 onwards) I have to say this is the most ambitious and fantastic mod for any game ever IMO.

--

Inquisitorial seal

Jul 21 2017 Anchor

Hi, game will crash randomly during the game on about 90% of matches.

It always happens immediately after loading a game.

On every crash log the call stack always says the last function called is 0x01574E64: PathSectorMap::GetCell (E:\Games\DOW-Soulstorm\SimEngine.dll).

Most likely that function is broke.

Build is 1.88.5

Game rules include:

• +100 army cap
  • auto reinforce
  • fortress defence
  • hardcore
  • legio titans
  • aid - builders
  • titan war extreme
  • uber commanders
  • uber relic units
  • annihilate
  • auto abilites
  • AI mapdb
  • timer
  • hereos

Errordump - Pastebin.com

Jul 21 2017 Anchor
lvl5hyperspace wrote:

Hi, game will crash randomly during the game on about 90% of matches.

It always happens immediately after loading a game.

On every crash log the call stack always says the last function called is 0x01574E64: PathSectorMap::GetCell (E:\Games\DOW-Soulstorm\SimEngine.dll).

Most likely that function is broke.

Build is 1.88.5

Game rules include:

• +100 army cap
  • auto reinforce
  • fortress defence
  • hardcore
  • legio titans
  • aid - builders
  • titan war extreme
  • uber commanders
  • uber relic units
  • annihilate
  • auto abilites
  • AI mapdb
  • timer
  • hereos

Errordump - Pastebin.com

Lol you make use of a lot of winconditions, Remove them all and maybe start to add them one by one.

Jul 22 2017 Anchor

Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War   SI'm having a weird issue with Eldar where even if I unlock the ability to build a vehicle in the support portal, I'm not able to build it from there. The only vehicle it works fine on is the nightwing. I need help. My win conditions were set to default.

Edited by: eduardvyk

Catz_Rule
Catz_Rule Uhhh....
Jul 22 2017 Anchor

Try to reinstall the mod. Seems like something broke during install.

--

Ummm....

Jul 22 2017 Anchor

I went into game manager and changed it to New Factions. Problem solved

Aug 12 2017 Anchor

Invisible units?

After zooming out fully many units become invisible. It's mainly infantry that are totally gone but parts of vehicles are missing as well. For example I may only see the tires of a Wartrukk or the heads of my Kasrkin. Anybody else experiencing this?

Aug 12 2017 Anchor
Degtyaryov28 wrote:

Invisible units?

After zooming out fully many units become invisible. It's mainly infantry that are totally gone but parts of vehicles are missing as well. For example I may only see the tires of a Wartrukk or the heads of my Kasrkin. Anybody else experiencing this?

Hello, sometime ago I had experienced the same issue, maybe your graphic card doesn't support a lot of unit ingame. Try decrease the cap units to 40 instead of 100 or 200 or decresase the graphics requirement, this solve the problem to me. Best regards.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.