Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Poll: How Functional do you think Version 1.73 is now with the new patch? (354 votes)
Bug Report - 1.73.4 (Version 1.73's patch) (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - 1.73.4 (Version 1.73's patch)) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.74.

This thread relates to version 1.73.4, 1.73's patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Also if you at all combined any older versions of UA mod with 1.73, that is a no - no. Please reinstall with version 1.73 as only mod version to report bugs with.

Please make sure you also have the Tyranids mod installed to run the mod. We don't accept any "My mod doesn't run" reports. :rolleyes:

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Some issues still carried over from last patch
Chaos biker head has a corrupted texture (every other biker made, to be exact)
The Hormagaunt's sound is a VERY VERY quiet chirping, dont know if this is intetional or not
Hunter killer doesn't have a proper description(No DMG tables or anything)
IMPORTANT BUG- Tyranid Warrior leader DOES NOT HAVE A VENOM CANNON and any warrior that upgrades to a (Barbed strangler or deathspitter i think) Becomes a 2 armed static model

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Those issues aren't really important enough to fix and are minor.

Chaos biker helmet seems okay on my end. How about others?
Hormagaunt voice is not ours and may be worked on in the future by the Tyranids mod team.
Hunter Killer?
Tyranid Leader with Venom Cannon is made on purpose. I like a melee variant that can swarm in with th rest of the Warriors especially on a tier 2 fast tech. I never liked how it breaks the melee to ranged feel of the leader...

I did not see the issue with the 2 armed static issue, at least the body moves and it shoots. Minor as well. Will not be fixed by UA mod team, the Tyranid mod team leaders can fix.

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

I said hunter killer?, i meant screamer killer, my bad (too much starcraft):P

As for the other tyranid issues, i didnt know the full extent of what you added as opposed to the actual mod :/

The Chaos biker glitch is random, it seems to be a specific helmet variant

And for a new one, all of those shiney new sisters textures are reverted back to vanilla:(

PS. you think you can rename the warrior leader if thats intentional then? (And the important bug thing was just for the leader, should have made those 2 diffrent lines)

Edited by: Firelord475

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Will have a look at the Screamer Killer. :)

As for the Sisters, this will be indeed a frequently asked question in time. FAQ updated! Thanks for reporting bugs. Keep going!

Q: Why are the Sisters of Battle textures from version 1.73 all the sudden downgraded?
A: To prevent crash to desktops. However, most textures are not removed from version 1.73.4. Object improved textures like structures, commanders, vehicles, relic units; were not removed from the mod, just infantry. See this thread here:http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?274906-Can-utmost-gorgeous-textures-crash-a-mod

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Assassination does not work, well does not crash the game at the start but you don't start off with a commander and as a result is no way to win/lose so the game wont end. it also removes all other win conditions making it an endless game...

Apr 5 2014 Anchor

Okay thanks! Redownload version 1.73.4. I forgot to insert a bloody comma within the wincondition after testing the wincondition...

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Hi, Sisters still crashing for me. I'm using lastest patch 1.73.4 (re-downloaded version) in a non-steam version of soulstorm with .exe modificated with explorer suit to have more than 2gbs in win7 64b. When playing a match where Sisters are not involved works fine.

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Hey, great that the new patch is out! But I had to install soulstorm again and everything. And new when I try to activate the mod it says failed to activate without any further clues. Please help me out here. Thanks anyway.

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

I found a little bug : I selected the game options that allows squads and heroes to get experience.
If my Necron Lord was set to the Nghtbringer and comes back as a Necron Lord, he loses all his experience :(

Funrider wrote: Hey, great that the new patch is out! But I had to install soulstorm again and everything. And new when I try to activate the mod it says failed to activate without any further clues. Please help me out here. Thanks anyway.

You have to download the Tyranid mod !

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Dreadnought arm and XV89 Commander Shield textures isn't fixed
Right?
Also can we use Leonard's Texture with This Mod?

Apr 6 2014 Anchor
11% (1 vote)

Less than 50% Functional (I will give you my reasons why...)

Hey, great that the new patch is out! But I had to install soulstorm again and everything. And new when I try to activate the mod it says failed to activate without any further clues. Please help me out here. Thanks anyway.

*sigh*

Back up there at first post.

I wrote: Please make sure you also have the Tyranids mod installed to run the mod. We don't accept any "My mod doesn't run" reports. :rolleyes:

So honestly, how embarrassing.

BlackRanger wrote: Also can we use Leonard's Texture with This Mod?

Yes? The textures are already in the mod, but if you mean textures for the infantry, sure, as long as you have the drive or you can expect crashes.

To restore them to normal, override patch data/art/ebps/races/sisters/texture_share with 1.73's textures.

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote:

Yes? The textures are already in the mod, but if you mean textures for the infantry, sure, as long as you have the drive or you can expect crashes.

To restore them to normal, override patch data/art/ebps/races/sisters/texture_share with 1.73's textures.

even Leonard's SOB 1.0 textures will work on this mod right?

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Several units that use infiltration (XV22 Commander, SM Servoskull & Scout, DE Mandrake & Tormentors, Grots, maybe more) have the same key for activating infiltration as as move command (V key).

Fire Warriors squad leader (Defense Drone) has the same shortcut as RUN command (Q key).

Storm and Burna Boyz have the same shortcut in Boyz Hut(R key); Storm Boyz should have E key.

Eldar Farseer's Entaglement spell in her build menu has the same shortcut as one of her weapons (D key).

When Broodlord's infiltration is purchased he and his Genestealer guard gets penamenlty infiltraded like SM Scouts.

Edited by: Kaitenhammer

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

Is the 1v7 map, Twin Towers compatible with this mod because I tried to play the map and it gave me a "Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused."

Apr 6 2014 Anchor

So far i'm loving the updates mod you guys have done a fantastic job!

I have a couple glitches however for the Necrons: When you call in a siege monolith, then change its setting so it can hover/fly (i forgot what its called) the player gets back the 2 relic points for the unit (i'm assuming this isn't intentional), there are also some other relic issues the doomsday monolith when calling then in i.e. sometimes gaining more relic points. I'm not 100% sure on when these occur unfortunately but for the sake of my friends who hate me playing as Necrons on ffa's i felt i needed to post this :p

aundrekaneshiro
aundrekaneshiro Destoryer Of Worlds
Apr 6 2014 Anchor

I just had a crash to desktop i was playing pavonis a player map i played as the tau the other cpu players were necrons,orks,eldar,dark eldar during my battle agianst the eldar at tier 4 the game randomly crashes win conditon was annihilate and game timer was on

Edited by: aundrekaneshiro

--

GACKT

THEONLYDarkShadow
THEONLYDarkShadow The Entity of Chaos
Apr 7 2014 Anchor

CheeseyBiscuit wrote: So far i'm loving the updates mod you guys have done a fantastic job!

I have a couple glitches however for the Necrons: When you call in a siege monolith, then change its setting so it can hover/fly (i forgot what its called) the player gets back the 2 relic points for the unit (i'm assuming this isn't intentional), there are also some other relic issues the doomsday monolith when calling then in i.e. sometimes gaining more relic points. I'm not 100% sure on when these occur unfortunately but for the sake of my friends who hate me playing as Necrons on ffa's i felt i needed to post this :p

Yeah, I encountered the same thing. It was hilarious that my Doomsday Monoliths became Siege Monolith factories. It was so overpowered. =D Well, considering the AI Chaos and Dark Eldar had reached their end-game and both had their titans, it turned out to be very necessary. I looked in the game's files, though, and the updated 1.73.4 patch fixes this. So you shouldn't have to worry about that bug anymore. =3

Edited by: THEONLYDarkShadow

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager (Version 1.2 - 2016/03/21)

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

I had follow the instruction to install the full mod with the newest patch,
but when I try to fight 2 Dark Eldars in a 2v2 scenario,
which me and another AI are both Eldars,
when it draws near to the end of the game,
which all players come to Tier4,and usually the opposite AI has at least one titan,
the game will somehow crash to desktop randomly.
(my win conditon was annihilate , game timer and Massive battle)

Sorry for my bad english,cause it is not my native language.

Anyway,UAmod is a fantastic mod,and I think it's both creative and rigorous.
Please keep up the good work,thanks :)

Edited by: kaorugalois

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

Yeah engine limits like the Siege Monoliths ascending than descending is unfortunately not fixable and I a sorry. :( It is hardcoded into the game itself and I don't really know any fix for this.... like the Doomsday Monolith, too, along time before, it cannot be ascended otherwise the mod would crash...

And then the usual DOW engine limits of crash to desktops where the amount of action within the mod eventually crashes the game if there is too many units or too many graphics improvements like in kaorugaloi oraundrekaneshiro game... just unfixable.

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

THEONLYDarkShadow wrote:

CheeseyBiscuit wrote: So far i'm loving the updates mod you guys have done a fantastic job!

Yeah, I encountered the same thing. It was hilarious that my Doomsday Monoliths became Siege Monolith factories. It was so overpowered. =D Well, considering the AI Chaos and Dark Eldar had reached their end-game and both had their titans, it turned out to be very necessary. I looked in the game's files, though, and the updated 1.73.4 patch fixes this. So you shouldn't have to worry about that bug anymore. =3

I did that after the patch which means it is likely still in the game, as much as i love the glitch it makes playing with other people unfair for them so i felt to stop them complaining about how overpowered the necrons are i best mention something so it can get patched :3

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

Chaos altar is too unbalanced because it has no limit construction whereas in the previous patch, he was

I played for the chaos and built 20+ them
fix that

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

BlackRangerXIII wrote:

Lord_Doofus wrote:

even Leonard's SOB 1.0 textures will work on this mod right?

You can, simply navigate to the Ultimate Apocalypse/art/ebps/races/sisters-folder and drop Leo's ebps-folder's contents in there.

Having said that, I noticed that Battle-Sisters' bolters still are very low-rez black even then, so maybe that is a problem with Leo's texture itself...anyone checked that out in the base-game with his textures in place? Tau CommanderXV89's (that was the name, right) drone also is still solid black, as I saw brought up for 1.73 before.
Further, minor ugliness on the Nunciate Superior:

Abload.de

Face is a great improvement compared to earlier versions, it's just the hair-texture in general that is odd, as well as around the ears as seen there.

That aside, 1.73 and 1.73.4 are superb. Only wish noise-weaponry were available to Chaos armour. :S

THEONLYDarkShadow
THEONLYDarkShadow The Entity of Chaos
Apr 7 2014 Anchor

CheeseyBiscuit wrote:

THEONLYDarkShadow wrote:

I did that after the patch which means it is likely still in the game, as much as i love the glitch it makes playing with other people unfair for them so i felt to stop them complaining about how overpowered the necrons are i best mention something so it can get patched :3

Did you re-download the patch? It got updated because something was missing from it. That was probably the missing thing.

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager (Version 1.2 - 2016/03/21)

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Apr 7 2014 Anchor

I've played as IG against Space Marines, Sisters and Dark Eldar on Titanium Warzone. After DE constructed their superstructure there was announcement of nuke being built and game crashed.

These are last lines in warning.log:

01:29:15.42 Lock of skin batcher failed. This is a sad day for skin batchers everywhere.
01:29:58.98 Crash TerrainHM::ClampPosToTerrain x: -1.#IND00, z: -1.#IND00 minX: -512.000000, maxX: 514.000000 minZ: -512.000000, maxZ: 514.000000Callstack:01:29:58.98
-- FATAL EXIT
--01:29:58.98 terrainhm.c/134:!01:29:58.98
--stack trace-

Apocalyzed Tartarus' Center map looks a bit weird and on select screen has no thumbnail:
Moddb.com

Edited by: Kaitenhammer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.