Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - 1.7 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - 1.7) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Jan 4 2013 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.71.

This thread relates to version 1.7, the Grand Release only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Jan 4 2013 Anchor

Glitch Alert! In the map of Aceria Forests - My Tau units appeared to move fine from the top left base towards the top center passage & then they get stuck or are compelled to twist & shake, with disoriented movements as soon as they get to the narrow top passage way! The top passage way has access to top center base or one could travel towards the right sector & capture the one & only Relic found there. I have to force my units thru that area on foot but those with jet-packs can fly over trees no problem. If it what i suspect then all narrow passage ways for all other maps may cause the same movement disorientation issue. Happens all time when i play 5 player Aceria Forests.

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Jan 4 2013 Anchor

I've found that Eldar Fire Dragons were unable to fire at Vulture gunships. Fire Prisms had no such problem.
Similarly, necron air scarabs were unable to recognise the Airborne Phoenix as something they could attack - although I have mentioned this one previously in the mod's comment section.

Jan 4 2013 Anchor

Jazz-Sandwhich wrote: necron air scarabs were unable to recognise the Airborne Phoenix as something they could attack - although I have mentioned this one previously in the mod's comment section.

Hmm, what could you mean by that? Could this be a little random glitch (which I hope not) or did they get stuck in some places and could not reach the Phoenix? I'll investigate why, but I need more detail.

@Deuce Savage:

You wrote: My Tau units appeared to move fine from the top left base towards the top center passage & then they get stuck or are compelled to twist & shake

Ah ha, what?

Otherwise this looks like a DOW engine path finding issue none of us can avoid. It stinks as much as it smells.

Any more? 1.71 is nigh, I don't want anything missing.

Jan 4 2013 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote: Any more? 1.71 is nigh, I don't want anything missing.

I'm guessing there is no need for me to include the bugs I sent you via Skype.
On a related note a guest just left this on the UA main page:

Someone wrote: bugreport IA. 3 mars-buildings. when i researched the additional superweapons, i was able to fire 7 nukes at once. multiple in each building, even without superupgrade

I'm not sure of what he meant with that (that post is too confusing), hopefully he just meant that superweapons were available from all Mars Pattern Commands once only one had researched the corresponding add-ons, and not that the nukes didn't have a shared timer allowing for multiple nukage by simply building more Mars Pattern Commands. Anyways I think this is worth a look.

Edited by: Excogitatoris-Logica

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

Deuce_Savage
Jan 5 2013 Anchor

1. The Tau Swordfish gun placements/turrents is unstable - always shaking & rattling as it moves along!
2. Necron Attack Scarabs sometimes hover in the air & not attack enemies coming into range. Are there two versions of attack scarabs? One for ground units & other for anti air? Should these attack scarabs attack all?
3. I heard of the pathfinding issue with DOW, could very well be that. Too many squads crammed into the gap to proceed forwards & beyond & sometimes they get stuck there. Wide paths R ok to move about.

--

Jan 5 2013 Anchor

Well, the scarabs remained still on repeated commands to attack the Airborne Phoenix. They had just spawned at this point, and it was on the Tyrea surival map.

This could easily actually be a pathing issue, given that we're dealing with DoW here, but for aircraft this seems odd...

Deuce_Savage
Jan 5 2013 Anchor

I did see some aircrafts get stuck atop cliffs from time to time & never free itself & move towards the battlefields. I rarely use aircrafts anyways.

Sisters of Battle super yellow glow & glare is too powerful & distracting from those winged Angel like commanders! Hard to see at times with that intensity! I have to wear a welders mask to avoid blindness - j/k! heh heh Is this what Relic intended? Must be a way to adjust the program settings. Maybe change it to different appealing color thats less hard on the eyes like blueish, purplish.

--

Jan 5 2013 Anchor

Here's a few off the top of my head which i think haven't already been said:

The Apocalypse win condition doesn't work? At least for me it doesn't.... Or maybe it doesn't work when coupled with AI dummies or Heroes or Honour Guards or another win condition I had on that i cant remember.

The Ork Wartrukk or Wartrak or one of those early vehicles with a name like that is purple weapons on top.

I don't think the Eldar corsairs (is it? Early eldar guardian looking like unit with a jet pack) is in the army painter. Not sure you care about this one but just in case :P

Everything else I can think of right now has been written in the comments section of the mod main page/ i know you know about :)

Jan 5 2013 Anchor

While playing in the arena i noticed that the necron immortal guns disappeared when they were forced in close combat and when they died ... Dunno if it's me but i though i'd better post here anyway

Jan 5 2013 Anchor

While playing the Ork Survival map, on destroying their Superstructure (Da Tellyporta'), I got a fatal SCAR error. I was playing as the good aul Spess Marens, and had honour guard allowed (which incidentally did not allow me to produce honour guard units). Everything was in fixed positions, no player slots closed.

Deuce_Savage
Jan 6 2013 Anchor

Has anybody notice Space Marines fire their weapons randomly in any direction while away from the battlefront? Targeting glitch? Doesnt happen all time but occasionally its noticeable.

All races AI confused when Tyranid Hive Fleet attempts to BEAM down to the ground? - some units react by firing on that spot on ground then hang around or leave area. This happens after the original 'nid base was destroyed. No big deal i guess.

--

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

All good. :) All fixed! Except for the poopy engine errors, but...

jehts wrote: While playing in the arena i noticed that the necron immortal guns disappeared

How did you get Necron Immortals in your army within the arena? :3

Someone wrote: Has anybody notice Space Marines fire their weapons randomly in any direction while away from the battlefront?

Huh?

Someone wrote: All races AI confused when Tyranid Hive Fleet attempts to BEAM down to the ground? - some units react by firing on that spot on ground then hang around or leave area. This happens after the original 'nid base was destroyed. No big deal i guess.

It's actually fixed.

Bender wrote: The Ork Wartrukk or Wartrak or one of those early vehicles with a name like that is purple weapons on top.

Deuce wrote: 1. The Tau Swordfish gun placements/turrents is unstable

Can't fix those

Someone wrote: 2. Necron Attack Scarabs sometimes hover in the air & not attack enemies coming into range. Are there two versions of attack scarabs? One for ground units & other for anti air? Should these attack scarabs attack all?

Attack scarabs = aircraft only while the others are ground units that cannot attack air units. :3

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

jehts wrote: While playing in the arena i noticed that the necron immortal guns disappeared

Lord_doofus wrote: How did you get Necron Immortals in your army within the arena? :3

It was the enemy immortal , i played as space marines :p and when i attacked them in melee fight the gun wasn't in their hand anymore ; it just disappeared...

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

Got ya. ;) Yes that IS a model problem by Cosmo. The good news is though, they got better animations and two upgradeable gun types. The melee missing animation is the only flaw!

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

IG Wall Turrets, they shoot with their gunners asses and sides and thus pointing their gun wrong way.
IG Lieutenants sync kills, he suddenly goes T pose and gets flag in hand.
Hell Spawn looking like green box in Army Painter.

oscarhuang37
oscarhuang37 Imperius Rex
Jan 7 2013 Anchor

I wasn't really sure if I should post my problem here or in tech issue thread.

Technically New Races worked as I can technically start a game with any of the new races. But here's the snag: I can't build anything with the builders nor can I research anything. For all the races (IG, Daemons etc.) I just have their respective builder units and a HQ that only spawns basic infantry and a builder. The builder can't build anything and so I can't advance. I installed my SS and reinstalled everything yet this problem still persists.

The FAQ didn't help and I don't think anyone else has this problem. Really want to try out Daemons.
Any helpers?

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

@ oscarhuang37: uhhh... ok I hadn't seen that one before. PM me with more details (map and played, winconditions used) and I'll see to help you.

--

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

I don't know if this is a bug or not but anyway thought i should tell you

My base was surrounded by walls which should keep the enemy out but the enemy just walked straight through the join in the walls into my base. My units could walk through the join in the walls as well

This is a screenshot of how i built my walls and the enemy still got through
[SPOILER] User Posted Image " alt="" /> [SPOILER]

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

@ necronguy: Why bother using trolly imageshack embed codes, they just make stuff more complicated and in this case give only a tiny thumbnail-sized picture. I advice using the direct link and insert the url directly. On a related note, ModDB's spoiler tags don't "compact" text/stuff, they make it look like this: spoiler'd text

--

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

@Necronguy: Make sure the red outlines touch each other, not the green, but ok i'll look at this little issue. Thanks!

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

If you want a bigger picture i will post a bigger one on here.

@Lord_Doofus the red lines were touching just for some reason it didnt show up.

Edited by: Kairos_(Necronguy)

Deuce_Savage
Jan 7 2013 Anchor

Geez, how these little things escapes me! I remembered while playing, i seen little red comet like balls shooting well above across the or near the battle field areas. Thought nothing of it & assumed it was stray missiles or shots. While building up defensive positions at another part of the map, i noticed these little red comet like balls, 2 or 3 of them floating towards my position & i thought i was under attack by long range weapons but as it turns out, these red balls just streak by well above my turrants & disappear beyond. Some more balls showed up but false alarm. This was on 2 to 4 player maps. I suspected on the 4 player map that those stray shots were coming from the Orks encampment. Appears odd but no damage inflicted upon my forces so either it was stray shots from long range weapons on small types of maps or glitch?

--

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

I would also like to suggest that the range of the Sisters of Battle listening post turret be looked at? On a 1v1 map it becomes especially clear that the range is a...tad high. Blood river (the supposed most balanced map) was the one where I first encountered issues with this. Given the splash effect of the turret weapon and it's efficacy versus infantry, it's far too early-game to have a weapon of that efficacy - especially given the UA mod's reduction of T1 units' ability to take down buildings.

Edited by: Jazz-Sandwich

Deuce_Savage
Jan 7 2013 Anchor

Did you by chance have the FORTRESS turned on? I think UA was meant to be played on larger maps so most units are out of range to begin with until you get close enough to the enemies positions, including listening posts with turrents. Come to think of it, thought SOB had a very long range blasting my forces; At end of game, i noticed i did not click on Fortress, dunno, maybe UA Team meant it to played that way cause maybe SOB dont have that great of arsenal of conventional weapons compared to the others & so gave them long range turrents to compensate, dunno? I should give SOB a try & see what happens.

Edited by: Deuce_Savage

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.