Tsardoms: Total War is a M2TW and Kingdoms modification that focuses on the Balkans, Near East, Eastern and Central Europe, Italy and Switzerland, starting from rise of the Serbian Tsar Stefan Uroš IV Dušan in 1345 and concluding in 1530. Tsardoms allow you to take control of over 25 factions all complete with brand new artistically crafted warriors ready to do your command! The aim is to provide the player with the best possible accuracy, in all sectors of the game, and to stretch the limitations of the M2TW engine, through scripting and AI enhancement, for a gameplay never seen before.
We are proud to announce the next version of Tsardoms Total War 1.4. This version includes a large amount of changes including a new faction (Albania), map changes, new units, a tonne of historical events, scripted invasions (hussite wars, tatar invasions, polish invasions, lithuanian invasions etc), lots of new scripted characters spanwed (Sigismund of Luxembourg, Skanderbeg etc.) and much more.
We are proud to announce the next version of Tsardoms Total War. This version is not savegame compatible and will require a brand new mod installation.
- Download the mod
- Unpack the mod in the Mods folder of your Medieval 2 Total War folder using the installer. PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNPACK IN THE MODS FOLDER NOT THE MAIN MEDIEVAL 2 FOLDER
- Alternative torrent download
CURRENLY NOT AVAILABLE (will be back soon)
- Steam installation: follow the same instructions as above, than go into Steam right click on the Medieval 2 Kingdoms game, go to Properties, then go to Set Launch Options and replace what is there with the following --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms_beta-1.4
Basically for Steam the actual name of the Tsardoms folder and executable file must be there
IVSINIANVS music pack and Native Language packs can be downloaded here: Twcenter.net
The music pack has a large amount of period music for all the factions!
New Features and Changes:
- optional music pack - loads of period music to enjoy
- new faction - Princedom of Albania replacing the Script Utilities faction (previously used for scripting purposes)
- new characters added for Albania including Karl Topia and George Kastrioti (Skanderbeg)
- new units for Albania including Arvanite Heavy Lancers, Albanian Horse Archers, Albanian Nobles and Albanian Bodyguard
- new career system for characters of Genoa, Florence and Venice (from Kingdoms, Empires and Republics by Meloo)
- new ancillary titles added in Italy (eg. Marquis of Montferrat) and Balkans (eg. Count of Mat, Prince of Albania, Duke of Durazzo)
- Hussite wars and scripted Hussite invasions - Hungary, Austria and Bavaria will be invaded by large amounts of rebel stacks between 1419 and 1449
- Scripted invasions - Tatar raid of Hungary 1345, Polish invasion of Halych 1349, Lithuanian invasion of the Steppe (battle of Blue Waters) 1362
- John Hawkwood condottieri Yes/No event for Milan and Florence - pay 5000 florins to hire him or face his army in battle
- Serbian Coronation event mission of Dusan IV with rewards for achieving it
- coronation even for achieving the ancillary of Prince of Wallachia, Moldova and Transilvania now also gives some units and a special character (Preda Buzescu) as reward
- new spawned unique characters for Venice including known historical characters from the 4 main houses in order to keep all of the noble houses alive throughout the mod period, Sigismund of Luxembourg also spawns for Hungary and can become heir to the throne
- 2 new Armenian mercenary units in South-East Anatolia
- Catholic factions can now get generals that come from knightly orders such as the Teutonic order
- new buildings - Armenian Quarters, Frankish Quarters, Saxon Quarters
- new building - Salt Mines
- new building - Colonies for Venice, Genoa and Ragusa
- Holy Roman Emperor ancillary is now obtained differently - first must be crowned as King of Italy and travel to Rome before obtaining the Imperial title
- Yes/No event giving the player the option to deactivate the Black Death (keep in mind the Black Death DID NOT kill of factions but rather the Teutonic family tree bug)
- settlement changes - added Bihac, Asti, removed Tunis, Rimini, replaced Alessia with Kruje
- garrison scripts added to many rebel settlements on the map including most of North Italy, Germany and Halych. It will now be a lot harder to conquer certain rebels.
- tons of new traits like the royal bloodlines, education and many more
- reduced the strength of the Timurid stacks by reducing their unit experience levels
- removed armoured barding from Sipahi Lancers and replaced with cloth barding
- removed custom settlement battle map texture for Italy and Germany as well as custom artillery and some armoured horses due to permission issues
- Aydinids now also have access to merchants as a seafaring state
- huge reduction in the conversion rate for priests and churches, it will now be a lot harder to convert a province and hence a lot harder to manage a newly occupied province from a different religion
- reduced the large population of Venice, Milan and Florence to more manageable levels
- increase effect of different religions in a settlement - there will be higher unhappiness levels related to this now
- tweaked the Ottoman economy, they will now be making less money from trade but the unit sizes for siphais, cebelus, azaps etc have doubled. The Ottomans will now have armies with much higher number of soldiers
- tweaked Italian states economy to reduce the income of Central Italian settlements
- increase the costs for the hardcore script - 750 per stack in enemy territory and 1500 for siege
- fixed issue related to the Teutonic family tree causing several factions to die off (Venice, Genoa, Florence) - these factions now no longer have family trees, their noble houses will be kept alive by spawning of historical characters and generals will be recruitable at a high cost. They will not get adoptions either.
- fixed crashes associated with the unit issues (German Pavise Spearmen, Hungarian Crossbowmen etc.)
- fixed issue with unique characters such as Mehmet the Conqueror or Vlad the Impaler not becoming faction heirs when emerging
- spawned heroes such as Mehmed the Conqueror and Vlad the Impaler will now be next heir