"Total War: Rise of Mordor" is an epic overhaul project based on "The Lord of the Rings". The visuals of the mod are based on films however the background story and rosters are accurate to the books.
Welcome to the new update! This version comes with a revamped and complete Erebor faction, 1 new unit for Lindon, tweaks for other factions, 1 siege map, 1 field map, weather overhaul and balancing overhaul.
- Dale (siege map);
- Battle of the Five Armies (field map).
- Erebor (revamped and completed)
- Noldorin Nobles;
- First custom general, Dáin II Ironfoot (Sons of the Mountain);
- Dwarven Miners;
- Erebor Axe Throwers;
- Dwarven Range Travellers;
- Dwarven Company;
- Erebor Halberds;
- Erebor Axes;
- Dwarven Warriors;
- Mattock Warriors;
- Archers of the Red Mountains;
- Erebor Axe Warriors;
- Erebor Spear Guards;
- Erebor Crossbows;
- Warriors of the Red Mountains;
- Dwarven Baruk Guard;
- Ered Mithrin Veterans;
- Iron Guards;
- Mansion Reclaimers;
- Tomb Wardens.
- Balance system completely overhauled, including but not limited to:
- Unit sizes;
- Unit health;
- Unit Morale;
- Battle morale system;
- Formations, Abilities and Attributes;
- Weapons, Shields, General battle rules;
- Chevron cost in multiplayer;
- Unit visibility;
- Horses and Unit entities.
- New unit cards for Erebor
- New unit cards for some cavalry units.
- The mod has been divided into 4 packs (main pack, models pack, buildings pack and weather pack);
- Complete overhaul of the weather system, with new lighting, terrain and vegetation models;
- Newscript to prevent the crashes related to the Battle Preferences file;
- Minor improvements to Lindon, Imladris and Woodland Realm models.
Rise of Mordor must always be the first in the load order. In addition, your game must also be in ENGLISH or else you will risk crashing during battles. Also, turn off your antivirus program if you use Norton, McAfee, Free Antivirus or Window Defender, if you experience any crashes with Rise of Mordor - they might interfere with Attila's mods.
Step 0: Preparation
- Up-to-date version of Total War: Attila. We cannot guarantee the mod functions on a cracked version.
- All other versions of Rise of Mordor must be removed to avoid any confusion or difficulties.
Step 1: Downloading
- Download the file from either NexusMods or ModDB. Note: there is a 0.01% chance that your download will corrupt if you do anything else. Do not take any risks, do not use the internet with your computer whilst downloading it. Start downloading, and wait. Just to be sure;
- We do not update through Steam due to policy/legality reasons. Any Rise of Mordor you find there is not authentic and should always be avoided! Seriously, you do not want to mess with CA's or any entity's copyright claims on intellectual property.
Step 2: Installing
- Once downloaded, extract the FOUR .pack files and the pictures with your unpacking programs (WinRar, 7z, etc.) from your .rar file to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Attila\data (stop here!). If you are uncertain, go to your desktop, right-click the Steam icon there and select "open file location" to find out where Steam is on your PC.
- Double-check. Go to your hard drive, follow the path ( Program Files (x86)\Steam\etc. ) and check if Rise of Mordor and its accompanying picture is in Total War Attila\data;
Step 3: Launching to Play
- Open Attila. Press the "Mod Manager" button - you will find the mod there. Tick the box in the top left-hand corner;
- Tick the box "Enable out-of-date mod". Absolutely paramount. It will not work if you have not ticked this box;
- Press play, and have fun with Rise of Mordor!