This total overhaul of Rome:Total War is based upon the Second World War. It contains historical battle locations on different fronts.

Forum Thread
FeedBack 1.2 + Suggestions (Games : Rome: Total War : Mods : Total War : 1942 : Forum : General Feedback : FeedBack 1.2 + Suggestions) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 16 2019 Anchor

The mod's idea and ambition are definily a quality to admire. Few are the modders that aspire something great as this project. This mod deserves its current fame and recognition.

Gameplay has a lot to change yet, but overall mod is already enjoyable to play.

But why is the United Nations in 1942? It was formed only in 1945 after the war. I personally belive Latin-American nations should be classified as NEUTRAL instead of UN occupied, for sake of realism and authenticity.

And also I got a new suggestion:
Riflemen Infantry + Assault Infantry should prone or crounch (just like the snipers) while in combat, instead of just standing up.

Dagovax
Dagovax Owner
Jul 19 2019 Anchor

Thank you for your reply :D

Yes we know that the UN was formed after the war, but it is more a passive faction. It is needed to keep the allied forces together (The UN is the romans_senate faction from vanilla) and giving missions.

About animations of infantry: the problem is that, once I give new animation to a unit, it will be the same for all units. The best option would be to use 3 different animations per soldier, but that is not possible.

--

Dagovax is the creator and owner of Total War: 1942. He also created Holland: Total War

Jul 19 2019 Anchor
Dagovax wrote:

Thank you for your reply :D

Yes we know that the UN was formed after the war, but it is more a passive faction. It is needed to keep the allied forces together (The UN is the romans_senate faction from vanilla) and giving missions.

About animations of infantry: the problem is that, once I give new animation to a unit, it will be the same for all units. The best option would be to use 3 different animations per soldier, but that is not possible.

Hmmmm.... peharps they could be renamed to League of Nations I guess?

About the animations... I personally belive we could make a poll and let the people vote for what animation they prefer for the infantry units (crounching, standing up or laying down).

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.