This total overhaul of Rome:Total War is based upon the Second World War. It contains historical battle locations on different fronts.
Download the Official Launcher of Total War: 1942 first and use it until it's completed updating the mod to version 1.3.2 - It will be written 1.3.1 inside of the game:
Then download my Total War: 1942 Patch:
1. Reduced the Jeep Bodyguards health from 10, 10 to 2, 2 like the BMW Motorcycles - they no longer win against a full army by themselves, and will now be beaten by more than three other mechanized units. Maybe even less.
2. Changed the projectiles for all the tanks- Light Tanks are using the small shell, Medium Tanks are using the medium shell and early Heavy Tanks are using the large shell -and unlike before there are a lot of light and medium tanks that have better projectiles. Instead of the Panzer IV using the small shell, it is now using the medium - instead of the Panzer 1 using medium it is now using the small etc.
Tiger 1, Tiger 2, IS-2, IS-3 and the French futuristic tank that were never finished at the end of the war - are all now using the 1 Barrel Cruiser Missile. The turrets of these tanks look like ship-turrets- and the Tigers did actually use ex-ship turrets for their turrets. So they can one-shot older tanks now with their exploding missile projectile, just like in history
The Mause-tank has the large shell, but it's armor is better and heavier than the Tiger 2.
3. Mause Tank is available in the recruitment using hidden resources - from Berlin only.
- Jets are buildable from Germany but nowhere else.
- Waffen SS units are available from the SS Headquarters only.
Dagovax had edited these units out in the 1.3.2 version, as he wanted to create special buildings for them - but that is still to be done.
Italian Commandos also restored to ordinary recruitment from later barracks.
4. Fixed the ships on the strat-map so they will no longer gamelock after most ship battles. Happened for the AI as well.
5. Added strat-map ships as starting navies to all the main factions based on historically accurate locations and fleets.
6. Stronger Planes that are better than their tank counterparts- have 3, 3 HP instead of 2, 2 as in the past.
7. Remade the recruitment slightly to make the later artillery, tanks and planes buildable only in the later barracks. All the fighter planes are available from the airstrip though for all the factions. This is done because the planes are better than tanks and factions need to be able to take out tanks if they lack tanks themselves. Also, all the factions had fighters in 1942.
8. Lowered certain buildings in cities to delay the arrival of the best tanks and planes. They start on the first one. Will be a slower pace. As i wanted the Mause, Tigers and such to come later.And not arrive in 1942.
9. An additional change that i did for myself that i highly recommend if you play any of the main powers, is the background-script.
Soviet starting armies can move and will go on the offensive immediately.
Germany will otherwise always conquer Italy, Bulgaria, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Romania and then beat Soviet.
If Soviet can move all their stuff Germany might actually have a contender. And as the player it's a challenge. The Soviets might still loose but now it's more even and uncertain.
I do know that Soviet will take Romania and such in some playthroughs. Not the best if you want to play the minor factions as Soviet is way too strong. Germany can still win but will now focus their forces on the Soviet Union and leave Turkey and Bulgaria alone. They might still conquer Romania if betrayed, and Italy. But it won't happen until maybe 1943-44. All in all Germany is busy in the east and will not conquer it's smaller allies like before unless betrayed. Of course if the player is playing them Germany might attack.
But this will prevent Nazi Germany from steamrolling the map. They are still stronger than the Soviets in some campaigns due to Soviet being split in half.
This micropatch version 1.3.1 will make some little changes to the mod.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
1. Nerfed Jeeps, as they have now 2, 2 in hit points they can take instead of 10, 10. 2. Stronger Planes that are better than their tank counterparts...
This is the manual downloadable patch for people NOT using the launcher
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (3 agree) 10/10
This mod is of course not finished, but the attention to detail in this early release surpassed my expectations. It's clear this is a project that much love and passion has gone into.
May 4 2019 by BHL_20