In the patch all faction got a great boost in their own way of playing. Let's begin the short summery of each one of them.
Dwarves: As we all know they exceed in melee and high defense. Skill required: poor/medium
- Pros: Defense. Ap dmg. Durability.
- Cons: Super slow. Easy to kite. Lack in cavalry roster
Misty Mountains: In previous version, they were a bunch of rusty meat shields. Now they are still the same. But they got 2 new units that will boost their winrate by 1000000 times. They shine in melee and swarm attack with low tier while high tier units hit where it hurts. Skill required: medium.
- Pros: Numbers, crossbows, BlackBack Mountains Berserkers!
- Cons: Lack in good cavalry and archers. Medium infantry isn't that great
Gondor/Dol Amroth: Gondorians weren't as great as in vanilla. But with recent changes they once again will claim the right to be called one of the best all around army! Skill required: medium
- Pros: Good all around units. Great Fountains Guards units. Dol amroth cavalry. Haven guards <3
- Cons: They lack high AP units.
Rohan: Also called, WHY THE FUCK YOU PLAY THEM??, in vanilla. Now they will SHINE so much that i will get cancer because of commentaries about nerfing them. Skill required: medium.
- Pros: Extremelly fast and super cavalry. Great support faction in team bases matches.
- Cons: Poor infantry roster. Lack heavily good archers and ap units. Poor in sieges.
Dale: Pretty solid army at the moment. They had some morale issues before. Now they can compete with others! Skill required: medium
- Pros: Good all around army. Good mercenaries.
- Cons: Lack heavily AP units and super tier units.
Arnor: One of the best faction in vanilla. They are still one of the best atm. Skill required: medium
- Pros: Extremelly good all around army. Great Cavalry and superb dismounted knights.
- Cons: Poor player.
Eriador: I always thought that Eriador was a pretty off place faction. In lore they never fought in open fields, but instead used guerilla tactics. Like ambushes. And here they come! Ambush faction. Skill requred: High.
- Pros: Almost all units can hide anywhere. Fast and good archers. Kitting!
- Cons: Lack heavily AP units. Lack good cavalry and high tier infantry.
- I LOVE THEM NOW!
Isengard: Great infantry based faction. They shine in melee and castle sieges. Skill requried: medium
- Pros: Great infantry. Good numbers and pretty hardy stamina! Nazg hai <3!
- Cons: Lack in good cavalry. Bad in defeding.
Mordor: They were misguided in the previous patch because of tons of black numenorians. Now they will shine once again with their oustanding numbers! Skill requred: medium
- Pros: Numbers. Superb black numenorians, but small in numbers. Trolls! But still a great roster!
- Cons: Pretty bad in defending castles.
Gundabad: They are pretty much the same as Misty mountains. But while misty mountains have crossbows to deal with dwarves. Gundabad has witchers ! Skill required: medium
- Pros: Good roster, witchers! Castellans <3
- Cons: Lack in good AP units and cavalry.
Rhun/Khand: One of the factions that looks like they are great but once in action not really... But now with new balance, they will become of the best evil factions! Skill required: medium
- Pros: Good choice of infantry, cavarly and missiles. Outstanding Brotherhood units.
- Cons: Humm. No trolls?
Harad/Umbar: At the moment they have a lot of units, but they're so hydrid that i can't really point out where they should be headed. But for now they are like a bunch of differents dudes that are gathered togehter to face a common enemy! Skill required: medium/high it depends on the choices of your army comps.
- Pros: A lot of situation types units. Good archers and missiles. Hasharri <3!
- Cons: Lack in good cavalry. Super tier units. Mobility.
Silvan Elves: They were the greatest archers in the middle earth, they will stay in that way. Skill required: poor/medium.
- Pros: Archers, High Mobility, great shock troops. Kitting. Yeah... missiles.
- Cons: Hummm... Autism. High tier infantry. AP units. numbers.
High Elves: One of the finest warriors of the middle earth! Extremely great in all around fights. Skill required: poor/medium.
- Pros: Everything.
- Cons: numbers.
That's pretty much all! Enjoy. I also found that the amount of crashing went down a little bit with the patch. Also play at 6 players max and with LARGE numbers. Avoid kids!
Cya on the battlefield!