Well, let's kick off with the features:
1) Naval Travel and Sea Battles. Now, you can purchase your ship and roam the Northern Sea. All parties(kings, bandits, jarls and mercenaries) will board ships in order to travel in the sea. Of course, the land you can travel on the land on foot, but this is sth for the plunderers. The ships cost 5,000 silver and dock to anywhere(in the sea, of course). Not all towns have harbors, though, only those that are coastal.
2) Reworked dialogs for all the aspects of the game
3) New companions and claimants, each with his/her own unique story -by the team member EternalPaladin
4) Completely new textures. Close to all textures were reworked, so that they are better, but result to top performance, even to medium end rigs.Also, the dark textures have been mad more "bright" and some new textures were made, like carved woodwork and native scandinavian treebark texture.
5) Some new helmets(not much) and some new swords. A item patch will most likely follow(save compatible) which will include many goodies and a crown(a feature suggested by Snorri321)
6) New mercenaries, the Raiders and customized older ones(Jomsvikings have unique equipment, for instance)
7) Changed scenes for Denmark and Finnmark(no moredesert and khergit stuff) and new scenes for some casltes, as well as secret passages for some castles. Scout before siege!
8) Hidden loot and easter eggs(various references). Find them all!
9) Reworked music, some new tracks, that were suggestions of mod supporters. No Metal tracks ruining your Viking roleplay immersion, I promise!
10) Completely new sounds! From battle horns of victory, to mourning of loss, swords clashing(More metal sounds), new warcries and horse sounds, all is fresh and loud! xD
11) Completely customised artwork, from menus to inventory, close to everything has changed.
12) New font, Aniron. Yes, I know, the previous one was hard to read...
13) No more army routing! You are vikings, damn you, stay and fight to the death! A feature brought to my attention by dykjozo. For those who like the armies to rout, I will include an option to do so. Cowards...
14) Changed tournament equipment, no more turbans or greathelmets.
And many more minor details and tweaks to discover...
Now, as for the release date. The mod would be released in this weekend, but with some new changes and the appropriate testing, it will be delayed for a couple of days. That means some time this week!
IF you have any questions, suggestions or anything else, leave a comment or contact me,I always read them and respond. If you are a guest, I seldom respond, so think about joining, it's a cool site here!