A much improved and perfected version that ensures a balanced and fluent game play experience. Includes 2.21 version balance and fix patch.
- Patch 2.21 Fixes and Changes
- Titan and Raptor tank is now available in tech 1 and no longer requires tech center.
- Terror Flame Tank now fires 20% faster and does collateral damage when destroyed.
- Landmine price reduced from $375 to $325.
- Green Tiberium now yields $800 per full harvester up from $700.
- Blue Tiberium now yields $1100 per full harvester up from $800.
- Banshee damage increased slightly.
- Armadillo hit points increased slightly and damage versus structures increased.
- Grenadier now $200 down from $250.
- Less infantry exit a structure when sold.
- Orca will now fire upon close enemies properly.
- Multi Missile superweapon cluster bombs visuals changed and explosion changed.
- Added more Tiberium Tree's to distant Tiberium fields for some skirmish maps.
The Second Tiberium War 2.2 (Wintertime Update)
Version 2.21 Wintertime update brings many balance changes and bug fixes as well as new maps and several overhauls to existing content. I focused more on the Tundra assets which were not as extensive in Tiberian Sun as the Temperate assets and ensured map makers have an smoother experience with a new ordered editor list. Also game play balances and game "feel" is as always my focus as I slowly bring out the best in the Tiberian Sun game mechanics.
New Super weapon Icons
Tundra Environment Overhaul
Tundra maps have always taken a back seat in Temperate maps due to the limited assets available to them. Not anymore, all city structures including skyscrapers, lamps, billboards, barrels, and even mutant buildings have been converted over to Tundra maps allowing for a good fight in winter time!
Having a more variety of skirmish and multiplayer maps is something I constantly address to make sure each multiplayer game and skirmish match is unique and fun.
Best vs West
Refined Original Maps
Several Maps including missions have been updated and balanced to ensure a top level of quality and atmosphere. I do read comments and ensure that any bugs that are brought to my attention are addressed.
Color and clarity is very important, so I have gone through units and structures to make sure that everything in The Second Tiberium War fits together is aesthetics. I have also improved some weapon effects such as the Obelisk of Light and veteran Raptor tank laser.
New Temple of Nod Graphics
New Orca Transport
Scaled Infantry Option
You now have the option to enable scaled down infantry which is far more realistic. Just open up the Scaled Infantry folder and place ECache02.mix into the MIX folder and your done!
- All Changes:
- I will keep a list of total changes I make from now on to not only inform you on what has been going on but to also allow my hard work to be appreciated :)
- All map editor units, vehicles, structures have been ordered
- The "Check for updates" button has been removed since updates are not needed
- Ion Reactor is more powerful and cost reduced
- Select boxes have been more clearer
- Turbine plant buildup has been corrected with turbines
- City structures and billboards are available in Tundra maps
- Arid chasm (skirmish) has been updated with roads and bridges
- Shoreline (skirmish) has been re balanced to be not so symmetrical
- 3 new skirmish maps have been added
- Vehicle lighting has been corrected
- Artillery track is no long invisible
- Rail cannon has new voxel
- Harpy voxel lighting fixed
- Temple of nod has new graphics
- Laser fence post now has select sound effects
- Barrels have been randomized to not be so repetitive
- Ruined versions of base structures have been added
- All super weapons have new icons
- Campaign 1, 7, 9, and 10 have been tweaked to be more fluent
- Mammoth Tank now fires missiles at infantry and is now more effective
- Obelisk of light and veteran Raptor tank weapon effects have been improved
- Phoenix now properly drops bombs on time in a line ( Bomb - Bomb - Target - Bomb - Bomb)
- Orca Transport has new voxel
- Armadillo is now heavy armor, has less hit points, deals more damage, and has higher rate of fire.
- Raptor tank now takes 4x hits from a titan not 3x.
- Stealth tank deals less damage to buildings
- Terrorflame Tank deals more damage to buildings.
- Orca now carries only 1x ammo charge but fires it's entire payload instantly.
- Banshee is tougher and fires properly and on time.
- That is all for now I am taking a break for the time being. I have been working on The Second Tiberium War on and off since 2012 and will keep working on it as time goes on. Thank you for your support and I still have ideas for the road ahead! :)