LOTR-TW is a Total Conversion for Alexander TW based on The Lord of the Rings trilogy, focused to recreate the epic battles seen in the movies. It has a complete Middle Earth map, fully customised cities like Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep on Battle and Campaign map, a set of Historical Battles where you can play all the major and minor battles that take place in the trilogy, and a quest line for the Free-People's campaign where, if the player succeeds, will take the Ring-Bearer from Hobbiton to the wasteland of Mordor in an attempt to save the world from its doom.
Major expansion for Lord of the Rings: Total War. Includes hundreds of improvements both large and small as well as three additional full-fledged campaign maps.
The Campaigns Addon contains a huge number of changes and improvements (despite the relatively small file size) - check the included Readme file for details and changelogs.
<<<<<<<< Installation Instructions: >>>>>>>>
Option 1 - Use JSGME.exe
1. Extract packaged .zip contents to RTW\mods\
2. Execute the program JSGME.exe (JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler).
3.Select the desired translation(s) or mod(s) in the window "Available Mods" and click the button ">" until it is moved to "Activated Mods".
(alternately use the button "<<" to return to original version.)
4. Then close JSGME and run LotRTW as usual - it's like freaking magic!!
More info about this tool can be found in the file:
Option 2 - Manual Install
1. Extract the 'lotrtw' folder contained in the .zip file over the existing install and replace existing files (if you're not asked to replace a whole bunch of files then you've extracted the package to the wrong place).
2. Then run LotRTW as normal, that should be all it takes.