A modification for Rise of the Witch-king that enhances gameplay, improves and adds onto existing factions, and adds new ones.
AotR 3.1 fixes several bugs, most notably the multiplayer out-of-sync (OOS) that frequently occured in 3.0. It also contains several balance changes.
To install, simply run the installer and click the new Age of the Ring shortcut to play. If you do have any previous version before 3.0 installed, you will need to uninstall it in order to install 3.1. You can install this version over 3.0.
Be sure to check out TheDestroyer001's installation video out if you're having some trouble understanding.
NOTE: AGE OF THE RING REQUIRES THE FULL VERSION THE 2.02 COMMUNITY PATCH.
If you don't have it, you can get it from HERE.
- Fixed Cracks of Doom doing damage to buildings
- Fixed Misty Mountains getting correct command point limit
- Fixed Uruk scouts and wildmen bugging out under AI control
- Fixed Dwarven fortress changing models on low settings
- Fixed Forges and Armories leaving behind an object that doesn't allow farms to be get resource percentages
- Fixed Build Plots reverting to Gondor on fortress maps
- Fixed Beregond not being in Gondor AI
- Iron Hill Crossbow's Knotted Strings now autocastable
- Scout trample armor reduced, from 125% to 160%
- Uruk sappers immune to trample
- Castellans immune to trample
- Erebor Wall Banner range bonus is fixed, reduced the range of the bonus to 200 from 300
- Dwarven Mangonel damage buffed (comparably to other faction siege engines)
- Easterling Swordsmen buffed (Increased health to 325 from 300, regular and upgraded, weapon damage increased by an extra 75 damage)
- Gandalf the Grey You Shall Not Pass voice line re-implemented
- Fixed Priorities for Misty Mountains AI
- Fixed Gandalf's recruit speed power not speeding up recruitment
- Allowed Creeps to be bought from UA lairs
- Various String Fixes
Our wonderful patrons
Callous Allan of XC
Everaldo de Carvalho Neto
Saul van der Zwaard
RiderOfRohan - Lead coder, visual artist
DúnedainRanger76 - Lead mapper, coder, sound artist, visual artist
Mathijs – Lead visual artist, writer, sound artist
MattTheLegoman - Mapper, visual artist
Fudge – Mapper, scripter
njm1983 – Mapper
tomasz_exe – Mapper
Fredius - Scripter
vengefulnoob – Coder
ahdover – Coder
Cammyfries – Coder
MaxHardy – Coder
FelipeNN - Concept Artist
Iku Haiku - Idrial
Connor Moakes – Clansmen of Lamedon
Jonathan Bullock – Fili, Prince Imrahil, Golfimbul, Rumil, Orophin and Celeborn
Josh Williams – Lothlórien Announcer
Joakim Wiklund – Wulfgar, Dunlendings
Callum Lindsay – Khamûl the Easterling
Ki McKenzie (https://www.kimckenzie.com/) – Erebor Archers, Sentinels of Cerin Amroth, Riders of Pinnath Gelin
Phil Dragash – Knights of Amroth
Zack Young – Beregond, Kili, Vault Wardens, Wyrm Slayers, Laketowners, Bardings, Ered Luin Traders
Sam Jenkins – Bard the Bowman
Sean ‘Mad Dog' McGregor – Dáin Ironfoot, Iron Hills Dwarves
Ryan Antoine - Knights of Dol Amroth
Patrick Seymour - Axemen of Lossarnach
Joel Nisbet - Variags of Khand
Robert Benjamin – Rohan Kingsguard
Various Goats – Erebor Rams
Robnkarla for his camera scripts
Gnanw for his main menu APTs
AotR is designed to play online using T3A:Online. To play AotR online, please refer to the T3A:Online website and follow the instructions.
What is next?
When is next?
We don't provide release dates!
Extra special thanks to Nertea for allowing us to use his The Dwarf Holds assets and Ruudy for letting us use his Tactics assets. Thanks to the 2.02 team for their excellent community patch, as well as to The3rdAge.net, our BFME modding home under the Revora Creative Network.
All assets contained within this mod are property of the AotR team or their respective authors, and cannot be used without permission. If you want to use any of our work, contact us and ask for permission. Using our work without permission but with credit is not allowed. We cannot give permission for the use of assets from The Dwarf Holds and Tactics as these do not belong to us.
Thanks and have fun,
The Age of the Ring Team