The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men is a full-conversion & fully modfoldered modification for Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion 1.6. Inspired solely by the written works of J.R.R. Tolkien, it seeks to reflect both the spirit and lore of Middle-earth as Tolkien saw it. The Dominion of Men is fully stable, feature-rich, innovative, thoroughly balanced, and conforms to the highest standards of both graphical and coding quality.
Turns out we had one more in us! The fourth official patch for Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men is here! Patch 3.4: Not Quite Done is the final, definitive (for real this time) instalment of the Fourth Age Total War mods, the culmination of more than 10 years of modding effort by hundreds of contributors!
This patch includes further graphical improvements, balance adjustments, quality of life additions, and bug fixes to create the definitive version of Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men.
This cumulative release includes all the changes in 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 and supersedes these versions of the mod. For a full list of changes see the patch notes included in the download. This patch requires The Dominion of Men v3.0 and up. This patch is cumulative so you do NOT need to install 3.1, 3.2, or 3.3 first. It is NOT savegame compatible.
1. Unzip the 34_Not_Quite_Done.zip file to a location of your choice.
2. Copy the data folder inside into your .../bi/fatw folder.
3. When promted, choose to overwrite all existing files and folder.
4. Start FATW:DoM in your usual way and enjoy!
- TROLL TROUBLE? Trolls sometimes cause CTDs on some computers. We recommend running the mod in 16 bit graphics mode and turning off the kill cam option, which resolves this issue for some people. If that doesn't work, try the following: in descr_model_battle.txt (found in bi/fatw/data), find the entry for 4a_orc_troll and 4a_orc_ologhai. In the model_sprite line, change 60.0 to 0.1 for both entries. As always, make a backup of the file before modifying it.
- Even with military access the AI, even passive factions (Elves, Dwarves, Shire) will sometimes attack your armies when in their territory. Be careful when trespassing.