Hi guys, it's XDJ here and today I'm glad to share with you this new custom story, it's the third and last chapter of the lost memories series, if you don't know what I am talking about check out The Maze Of Lost Memories and The Woods Of Lost Memories, these two are older custom stories also made by me.
This time you won't play as Jack, the protagonist of both the maze and the woods, but you'll play as Tom, a character that's strongly connected to Jack, if you remember the plot from the previous stories you should understand, while playing, which character are you playing as.
In most of the custom story you'll play in an old spacious mansion that includes multi-floor areas, nice comfortable areas, but also disturbing areas, the whole level will change appearances as you progress, for example at the beginning the mansion is nice and well illuminated but later it will be dark and spooky. The map is large, so it is recommended to save once the loading is completed.
- You can choose between 3 difficulty modes (Easy, Normal and Tough) but you can also choose to play Standard Mode (default enemies voices) or Funny Mode (funny enemy voices).
- A new type of an invisible enemy, be careful: it won't be that easy to avoid.
- 6 achievements, if you played The Woods Of Lost Memories you should already know about them, it's a system that awards you with special abilities, that normally you won't have, if you acted in a specific way during your gameplay.
- A reworked treasure chest system, the items you'll find inside chests are random, your chances to find more goodies can be increased by collecting bags of coins (finally they have a purpose in this game).
- Many new insanity events when the mental sanity is low, you'll notice some disturbing figures appearing in the environment when your sanity drops too low, getting too close/looking for too long to them will trigger a spooky insanity event.
- New types of puzzles that have multiple solutions, this means that some puzzles require your fully understanding about them (hey but you can still complete them totally by luck).
- Some randomly generated enemy encounters; there will be some enemy encounters that will happen every time you play the custom story, but there are also some others that have a chance to not be triggered at all.
- 6 distinct endings in total.
I want to say a HUGE thank you to Custom Story Gatherers and Swankest CZ for supporting me, giving me advices and betatesting, thanks also to Sabatu who helped me in level designing the dungeon area.
And at last but not least, thanks to everyone that supported me and played my custom stories! Without you this project could have been left unfinished, so thank you again :'D
I hope you'll enjoy it! Once you fully played it remember to let me know what do you think in the reviews section.
Thank you for reading, take care :D
A new bug fix update is now available, it includes also some minor new changes.
- Added the possibility to stop the big goblet to prevent the player to listen to the whole sequence over and over again.
- Fixed a bug that could make stuck some players when trying to combine hammer and chipper, as well as the drill parts.
- Reduced the max radius at which you can hear the strong whispers related to the angel statues.
- Increased the volume of the strong whispers related to the angel statues.
- Reduced the volume of the weak whispers related to the angel statues.
- Some fixes to mistakes related to a few notes and dialogues.
- Added two new collectibles to normal difficulty: one sanity potion and one lantern oil.
That's all for now! Thank you for reading :D
Today I'm gonna share with you some new informations about the custom story.
Today I'm gonna share with you some informations about the new upcoming custom story named: 'The Curse Of Lost Memories'.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This zip includes all the files to run the custom story + some text files to help you in case you're having some troubles.
Перевод выполнен через google\yandex переводчики с литературной корректировкой,без входа...
This zip includes the czech translations by Swankest CZ.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Great custom story! I love that it's one huge level that is constantly changing and you're always discovering new things in areas you've visited multiple times.
The story is great and the invisible monster is the cherry on top that makes it feel unsettling.
I came here to comment because I never realised that the trapdoor in freezer is supposed to be open, its glitched shut in my save and I can't open it at all. Enjoyed the map until I found out about this.
To whoever is experiencing crashing during the first loading screen, try to lower your graphic settings to minimum, if it still doesn't work, try to do a clean reinstall of Amnesia, if you don't know how to do that I suggest you to watch this video: Youtu.be
P. S. this video is not mine, it's not been made by me.
Full walkthrough (English version):
Heya XDJ, just wanna say that this custom story is amazing and a nice finale to your memories trilogy. Unfortunately, nobody can escape the ''story and puzzles bad 4/10'' reviews on moddb. I dont think those reviews really have played a lot of custom stories. Almost all custom stories have the ''torture'', ''amnesia'' and ''escape'' elements in the story. Yes this story has those base elements as well, but you have built upon that and expanded it into a really nice universe, with intricate plots, good usage of withholding information and nice story arches that really made me feel like I was placed in your universe. I dont think that some reviewers have played your previous mods, which are the prequels to this one and are integral to the story. The curse of lost memories has closed the story really good.
Furthermore, I know you like to make your puzzles tough. Puzzles are a tricky thing. While some dont try to think and rate mods badly because of it, others can solve the puzzles without help (just git gud). No matter whether you make your puzzles easy or tough and doable, there will always be a party that do not like it.
But then again, story and puzzles are just a small part of a custom story. Its sad that most reviews do not include the rest what makes Amnesia good as well. The horror, the way tension is built up with ambiance, the environments and of course the monsters. Which you know how to do :)
Great job XDJ. This is a really honest piece of work. Definitely ignore any criticism and continue your work. If you create another mod, I'll be happy. In your mode, you can see detailed and honest work done at literally every step. Obviously, you had to spend a huge amount of time working on mod, which deserves great praise.
Just to be sure, choose a different start style next time (introductory note) so that some fun players don't say you copied the story. )))
I am quite excited to hear that a new story-driven decent-sized CS is being worked on. Just got done with my Let's Play of The Atonement which was astounding, so I've been exited to play many more Custom Stories. Glad awesome people like you are still coming up with ways to make this masterpiece new and interesting. :-) Can't wait to play it for my channel when it comes out!
Heya, you should try Maze of Lost Memories and Woods of Lost Memories as well. They are the prequels of this one and definitely as good :)
MichaelMortal thank you for your words :D I can't wait to see all of you guys playing it! I'm working on trying to release the mod as soon as possible, so be sure to check this page soon ;D