Tessel Skirmish historical mission by Bassmaniac
This map was originaly based on the terrain heightmap of Tessel Village (extracted with a google earth plugin), but the real relief is very flat, so to increase the gameplay, i've done a personnal adaptation.
Download link: Mediafire.com
Historical context: Operation Epsom:
Since the liberation of Caen was taking serious delay, General Montgomery decides to launch the assault, and on June 23 he plans to use the forces commanded by General Richard O'Connor, three army corps: 60,000 men, 600 tanks and 700 guns. This operation is codenamed Epsom. But on June 23, a new storm is raging in the Channel and reinforcements of food, fuel and materials are blocked on board ships or in England. And if the allies are no longer able to move forward, the Germans are benefiting from this situation on the front line: the 12nd SS Panzer division of the 21st Panzer and the Panzer Lehr division move strategically around Caen . In total, this number represents 228 tanks, 150 88mm cannons and different other guns.
On Sunday June 25, 1944, an armored division and two independent armored brigades belonging to the 8th Anglo-Canadian corps, composed of nearly 60,000 men and 600 tanks, attack at the west of Caen.
The 49th British Infantry division West Riding attacks Fontenay-le-Pesnel, Tessel, Rauray and Brettevillette but in the surroundings, the Panzer Lehr defends the area, like the Rauray, Bretevilette and Tessel villages, which is strongly defended by the 1st SS Armored Corps, the 12 SS hitlerJungen, the 2nd "Das reich" SS panzer Div and the Panzer Lehr, and heavy fighting begins for the control of this little towns...
VERSION v1 : 24/12/2014
- Modifications to increase stability and compatibility with the last patch (mainly reducing size of all skins to 512x512 for soldiers, vehicules and also for map textures).
- some Mow models conversions for MowAS2:
Sdkfz 250/1(Mow models from Cromtec)
Horch 108 (Mow Model made by Kir the Great)
Renault AGR2, a French Truck Model by Enforcer (Not use but present in the editor)
Sdkfz 250/9, Sdkfz8, Opel Olympia (car), Morris cs8, Matador Truck and Humber scout car made by Normand (author of Valour Pack)
Squad Historical shield Icons for all Germans units:
- Panzer Lehr (squad shield icon for all Germans vehicules and crews).
- 9 SS Panzer-Division "Hohenstaufen", which was also present in this area in 1944, had been added.
- 12 SS "Hitler Jugend" and 2 SS "Das Reich"
- Names of UK AI squads are accurate to "operation Epsom".
- News AI soldiers added to follow some tanks
- AI guns are now presents in all difficulties levels
- Changes places and waypoints for Ai reinfs
- New voices sounds and ambiance sounds
- New Music:
- 2 songs : main menu (snare drums) and read mission song (Lili Marlene)
- 2 original skirmish songs (made by me)
- 3 new WW2 German song when you win the flags
- changes in reliefs to add more covers ;)
Changes that were already in the last version:
- colored labels for units (blue for riffles, orange for MG, green for smg, pink for medic, light green for Sniper, etc..)
- skins for vehicules (trucks, tanks, Sdkfz 251) with specials 3D skins "Busches camo" for a lot of German's tanks.
- German's soldiers skins
- New ground seamless map textures (reworked for less memory use)
- sounds : 88 gun, Tiger Maybach engine (Dowington museum's Tiger), mortar, new voices for all germans units, new ambiance sounds like animals, birds, insects, etc..
- 3d characters : rabbits, dogs, roosters (3D Models by Ironweapon from "FFI" team)
- animals skins (cows, chickens)
- interface (icons, screens, menus, portraits, etc..)
- Mp missions in all modes: Skirmish coop, combat, capture the flag and Assault zones.
- Sp mission only in skirmish mode :it's a hard one, play it in normal difficulty ;)
- Extract the mission in the "mods" folder, which is located at the root of your Men of War Assault Squad 2 game:
Normal Path to Men of War Assault Squad2:
- DvD version: C:\Program Files\1C Company\Men of War Assault Squad 2\mods
- Steam Version:C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\men of war assault squad 2\mods
Thanks to :
- Normand, Enforcer, Cromtec, Kir the Great for their great new 3D models
- Ultimaratio (Austria) who help me to traduct the new voices for Germans soldiers, and for his help on beta testing this mission and give me suggestions to improve it.
- DjSatane (USA) to help me to debug the coop mp mod.
- Steven (USA), who did the first skirmish script (90% of this mission script). I hope he is still alive and can see that his work is really appreciate by all the players who enjoy chalenging skirmish missions..
Thank's to all the players for their comments: if you like it, don't forget to vote and to give me your feedback to improve this mission, and the next ones!
Note: I tried to make a more realistic mission as possible, to simulate the famous Normandy bocage with lot of bushes, with a more lively atmosphere by adding sounds, new textures, animals, to increase the gameplay (just compare it to the original missions!).
Everything I created in this mission is based on historical research, and as i'm alone, keep in mind all that work took me a lot of my free time..
My goal is not political, and I dont' glorify any ideology. I don't belong to any political organization, and I do not support the ideas of the Third Reich: I just tried to transcribe the facts of the fighting in 1944 from the real Axis forces against UK and Canadians around Caen..
I tried to be as accurate as possible : the German uniforms are accurate, the squads icons are the real germans division of the sector, and, for those that mod could shock (or who don't like the Germans for any reasons), thank you to go playing somewhere else..
Men of War Assault Squad 2 game is a good strategy game with a decent ballistic system but is not perfect when the dimensions of the maps are huge (due to limitations of the old game engine), so there is still memory crashes and i'm sorry for that.. (try to save regulary to not loose your game)
If I spend so much of my free time to create mods, 3d models and missions, it is only for the pleasure of sharing my passion with the gaming community without asking anything in return. So a small comment, thanks or a little vote is welcome if you like my work ;)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.