The primary aim of this mod is to get away from the current gameplay which for the most part involves spamming tanks. We are introducing gameplay that requires, scouting and using a variety of units to be successful. Tanks are not the do-all units anymore, instead you need artillery units to take out defenses, tanks to take out artillery units, air units to take out the tanks, and AA units to take out air units. It's basically bringing Rock-Paper-Scissors to the game which we believe makes it more challenging and interesting. We're also making the factions' abilities exclusive. By that we mean only Nod use mines (so no APC mine drops) and they are also the only ones that use cloaking technology. The same applies for GDI who use more EMP now etc. We think this better defines the play styles of the factions so that you aren't just playing each faction more or less the same way.
This is a Multiplayer / Skirmish mod for the PC version of Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, patched to 1.09. TALON Mod 1.3 is a full version of the TALON Mod. You do not require any previous versions of the mod for this to work. We know it's been a long time since our last release. Thanks for being patient. We hope you enjoy TALON Mod 1.3, and if you want to play the mod with us or others, feel free to join our Steam group. Thanks!
TALON MOD v1.3
by Desecrator, Svein and HawK
In version 1.3 we have made what we believe is some of the boldest and most game changing adjustments to the game so far. In previous versions of the mod we made changes that really needing doing, but there were still some things that needed attention. The economy was still racing out of control and the game speed was still way too quick. You could build a base, tech up, harvest, produce units etc., all at speeds that made the game frantic and require that you did everything or else you were at a disadvantage. We wanted to make the game less linear with players able to choose some specializations but not all. This way you aren't always facing an opponent that has every counter ready to deploy or strengths in all areas, whether that be unit upgrades, super weapons, special powers or all structures built.
Added in 1.3;
○ Structure build times increased significantly, for the purposes of realism and to slow the game down. This has a knock on effect that really changes how the game plays in many ways. There's more time for scouting, using infantry, tier one units, tier 2 units etc. It's not about trying to tech up in the first few minutes of a game anymore.
○ Harvesters now gather at a significantly slower rate. Harvesters are also weaker to promote harassment.
○ Players now have to choose what they will build and in what order, and that effects the units, specializations and powers available to them for the early and mid-game.
○ It now takes a minimum of 10 mins to get to tier 2 and 20 mins to get to tier 3.
○ New radar buildings added to the game with more abilities for every faction.
○ Command Post / Operations Center and Nerve Center now not only unlock Tier 2 but allow all factions to use radar jamming missiles and counter measures.
○ Tiers re-worked so that mid-game units and abilities are available at Tier 2 and high powered units and abilities are available later at Tier 3. An essential change with the new structure build times.
○ Tier 3 units (Mammoths, Avatars, Tripods) are now much tougher.
○ Removed the railgun upgrade from Predators and gave them a repair drone instead.
○ Venoms now have pulse scan upgrade ability
○ Increased Scrin heal rate in Tiberium
○ All Ion Storms detect stealth now
○ Scrin shields now recharge quicker after they go down.
○ Mastermind can capture defenses
○ Many research items, upgrades and special powers moved to structures that fit.
○ GDI structures have more garrison slots, and have repair drones.
○ More Nod structures have mine defenses.
○ Rigs no longer detect stealth
○ Much more effective Shockwave Artillery
○ Special powers and abilities that were over-powered have been balanced with longer reloads, higher tier placements, higher costs.
○ And of course we have more maps in this release that are exclusive to the mod. Of special note is Waterworks which is a 2 vs 2 map and a few maps that are setup so that you and a friend can play against more than 2 Ai. This allows you to fine tune the challenge more (e.g. one hard & two medium). Check out Bad Odds and Last Stand.
We have included some of our custom made maps as well as community made maps with the mod. Visit our website for more information about these and other maps (www.TALONClan.com)
● [=T=] Alamo *
● [=T=] Bad Odds*
● [=T=] Battle Royale
● [=T=] Blackout *
● [=T=] BridgeFort H *
● [=T=] Canyon Climax *
● [=T=] Citadel Siege*
● [=T=] Destruction Station
● [=T=] Downtown Disaster *
● [=T=] Downtown Disaster v.2*
● [=T=] Face Off**
● [=T=] Hadrian's Wall
● [=T=] Kane's Cauldron *
● [=T=] Last Stand
● [=T=] Mirror Islands
● [=T=] MegaPort One
● [=T=] Mutant Mosh Pit
● [=T=] Octalon *
● [=T=] Octalon v.2*
● [=T=] Talooine *+
● [=T=] Tiberium Square Dance
● [=T=] Two L and Back*
● [=T=] The Four Horseshoes of the Apocalypse*
● [=T=] The Keep
● [=T=] Hadrian's Wall*+
● [=T=] Waterworks
● Sarajevo YZ8 (courtesy of Mr David)
● Conduit Contention 2.0 (Courtesy of VonBinG)**
*- exclusive to the mod.
** - Sharing as per readme: "I hope you enjoy playing my map! please share this round online!"
+ - Thanks to Krileon for scripts used in this map. (Krileon2@hotmail.com)
KNOWN BUGS / ISSUES / SMALL STUFF
● The mod is not designed or tested for single player campaign play.
● Stormriders may fly in what looks like slow motion sometimes.
● Ox transports might freeze in position if they cannot airlift a unit for some reason.
● Harvesters must be coerced into transports. This isn't a bug, just a limitation of what can be done. You have to call for transport and then tell the harvester to get in.
● Decoy nuke will not point the same way every time so rotate your real nuke to avoid making the observant know which is which.
● Zone Troopers from drop pods sometimes stop responding to orders.
● Infantry may appear to stick out of bunkers sometimes
To our wives, girlfriends and pets for understanding our gaming needs.
Overmind @ Overmind.ro
Golan & Stygs @ thundermods.net
NutZ @ talonclan.com for the installer and testing
Generalsol, Mini_Tach, Jolly Rancher, Lancer and Raging Redneck, Flaming Firefox @ talonclan.com for testing
Mr David for permission to include his map "Sarajevo YZ8" with the mod.
Everyone at ModDB who has supported us and provided feedback.
A lot of people helped with this mod and we are very grateful for everything they have done. If we have forgotten anyone or forgotten to mention a specific task undertaken, please forgive us and know that every bit of help is truly appreciated.
If you want to play with others who have this mod check out our Steam page: Steamcommunity.com