Here's the August update a few days early. I want to release it now as I don't want to
compete for news when Misery 2 gets released at the end of this month as it's going to
take over, lol.
- Weapons still being expanded upon/added. There's a total of almost 40 weapons over vanilla added now, not including vanilla weapon models which have been replaced (which are a combination of Shoker weapons mod weapons and weapons from r_populik's great Original Weapons Renewal. I'm going to try and stay away from confirming/denying any specific weapons at this point though as I've spoiled enough already. You'll see some when I eventually put up a new gameplay video.
- So I contacted Sin!, the author of "GWR", and scripter/engine extender for "Gunslinger mod". I had hoped that doing some of the cool engine extensions he's doing would be possible before Gunslinger is released (some of the stuff he's done: added ability for misfire/jam animations, different animations for reloading with full vs. empty mag on assault rifles, +1 in the chamber, etc.). Anyways, from what he told me what he did is he is NOT using X-Ray Extensions to do this stuff. He's hooking his own DLL written in Delphi into the game.
Anyways, I have some stuff I desperately want done in this fashion added to the game. Sin! is too busy/not interested in helping, so if you're someone familiar with Delphi and the Stalker engine I am willing to go to great lengths to fundraise/get donations to PAY YOU to make certain engine modifications. PM me if interested, you can prove you really can do it, and then I would start to try and get money together for you.
- For gibs with explosives, I made it more sensitive to the radius from the explosion, but also I'm just going to make things a bit "easier" and make generic human gibs, generic dog/pseudodog/giant/chimera/etc. gibs so that a million variants of models don't need to be made.
- A couple of small features may need to be scrapped. The main one being quick-grenades (sometimes causes strange errors, also the AI does not respond to them).
- I was going to include some of SWTC skies mod but the hell with that for several reasons. I'm either only using Atmosfear 3 skies or someone can provide me links to some other weather mod and I can see if I can adapt it for usage alongside the AF3 skies.
- Temp. removed Loner's new foliage. It's great, but stuff like flowers appear way too often, which is something he's told me he is working on fixing.
- Misery 2.0 is right around the corner :) Once that gets released I'll be able to update the AI in my mod with the latest from theirs, and some other projects that were waiting on it should get started.On top of that it's a very interesting mod and I reccomend playing it.
- I just want to re-iterate that system requirements are going to be high with this mod. Not only does it take up a lot of disc space, but you will definitely need a fast CPU, a bare minimum of 4gb RAM (I cannot stress enough though that I reccomend 8-12gb), and if you're lucky a SSD to help with stuttering. Many of these requirements hold true for v1.3 of my mod, but if you have an old system 1.9 & 2.0 are going to trash your system. Sorry.
Besides this I'm making great progress, but please understand that I am not prepared to
make a release date at this time. There are too many variables.
That's all for now. See you in around a month.