Units have been updated for both factions. Moreover, Doctrine Abilities have been found and serious work will begin soon. Art (pictures, icons and portraits) is progressing as well.
We now have full lists of what the factions will look like and especially the Commander Trees. So gameplay is taking form with more concrete bases, giving us a direction for data editing. But keep in mind that everything is subject to change so feel free to comment and share your ideas !
And remember that we still accept every help for this mod, especially mapping and modelling !
Rebel Alliance :
Division Trees :
Left side - Tactics :
Communications Jamming (1 CPs): Grants the ability Communications Jamming : in wide area, all enemy units lose half their field of view and can't detect hidden units at all.
Hidden Warfare (2 CPs): Grants all your infantry the ability to camouflage and the Smugglers squads to deploy Camo net in order to camouflage static vehicles and structures.
Booby Traps (2 CPs): Grants all your infantry the ability to deploy 3 different types of booby traps : Cluster traps are very effective against infantry and light vehicles; Flare traps reveals the area when it's triggered, allowing you to know where is your enemy and Phosphorus traps flashes enemy infantry and vehicles, making them vulnerable to an imminent attack.
Right side - Forward spawn :
Listening Post (1 CP): Grants the ability to deploy Listening post. They are camouflaged and reveal a medium area around them until they get seen and destroyed. They can be upgraded either in a "Radio outpost" : which gives a much larger field of view or in a "Hideout" : which can reinforces nearby allies.
Ambushed Commandos (2 CPs): Grants the ability to spawn Assault squads and Rebel fireteam in the targeted neutral building or listening post.
Rebel Specforce Squad (3 CPs): Grants the ability to spawn a Rebel Specforce squad in the targeted neutral building or listening post.
Defense Measures :
Left side - Defensive structures :
Deflector Shields (1 CPs): Grants your Smugglers squads the ability to deploy spherical Deflector Shields which provide heavy cover to the units inside.
DF.9 Large Turret (2 CPs): Grants your Smugglers squads the possibility to build DF.9 turrets. These are very powerful against infantry and can be upgraded in TwinDF.9 with a double cannon for extra damages against vehicles.
SW-7 Ion Cannon (2 CPs): Grants your Smugglers squads the possibility to build large Mon-Calamari ion batteries. These very powerful cannons are very expensive and take time to build but can precisely take down any imperial device from a long range.
Right side - Defensive support :
Combat Sappers (1 CPs): All Smugglers squads become Combat Sappers squad. They are better in combat and gain 2 more troopers per squad. They can build and repair faster and can actively participate to a fight.
Artillery Reinforcement (2 CPs): Grants the ability to call-in a Rebel blaster cannon onto the battlefield. This slef-propelled gun is very effective at taking down enemy units form a distance.
Air Patrol (3 CPs): Grants the ability to call-in a squadron of 2 T-47 Airspeeders to defend the designated sector. They will engage every enemy units in range. Can only target friendly (captured) sectors.
Armored Counter-Attack :
Left side - Tank rush :
Ground Control (1 CP): Grants the ability to quickly recapture the battlefield : for a short time, all your infantry move faster and capture points faster.
Saber Tank (2 CPs): Grants the ability to call-in a TX-130 Saber tank onto the battlefield. for a short time after its spawn the tank moves 2x faster, allowing it to quickly join the fight. Plus the Ground Control ability now also makes tanks going faster so they can stay with the infantry.
Freerunner (2 CPs): Grants the ability to call-in a Freerunner tank onto the battlefield. for a short time after its spawn the tank moves 2x faster, allowing it to quickly join the fight. Plus, the Ground Control ability now lasts longer.
Right side - HQ support :
Counter-attack Planning (1 CP): Grants the ability to plan your attack : for a short time, doubles your manpower income but also reduces a bit your ammo and fuel incomes.
Artillery Command (2 CPs): Grants the ability to send a quick artillery barrage on a small area. Is area of effect is not large but it's very effective and reloads very fast, allowing you to choose multiple targets in a short time.
X-Wing Close Air Support (3 CPs): Grants the ability to send a X-Wing Starfighter fly over the designated area, engaging all units in range and covering your troops' approach. He's a great firepower and moves very fast so it reaches his targets quickly and is hard to hit.
Faction Points :
- less units, basic soldiers can't handle a stormtrooper squad with officier in classic face-to-face fight but have good chances when using abilities (troops micromanagement is a necessity)
- balanced units and tanks but can quickly be outnumbered by imperial forces
- mobile base vehicles
- doctrine trees require less command points in total so end game is reached before the Empire
- (Doctrine) non-conventional tactics and abilities (camo, booby traps, ambushes and forward spawning)
- (Doctrine) good defensive power to counter imperial frontal attacks
- (Doctrine) good possibilities of counter-attacking with fast-moving units and quick support
- Rebel Smugglers : 4 troopers squad. Can build and repair Rebel structures and vehicles. Very ineffective in battle but can be upgraded to do demolition work.
- Rebel Fireteam : 2 troopers squad. Start with sniper rifles. Mobile unit, very effective at capturing strategic points. Can be later upgraded in 2 different ways : "Recon team" gives them speeder bikes so they can move faster; "Strike team" gives 3 extra troopers with various armaments so they can complete dangerous mission in enemy territories (such as sabotages, capturing points behind the enemy lines etc...)
- Rebel Militia : 5 troopers squad. Start with weak blasters but have very good morale so they are resistant to suppression. Cheap so they can be used as cannon fodder until they are upgraded : they can receive blaster rifles which are much more powerful and 2 different possible leaders : "the sergeant" : gives them the ability to charge (they become completely immune to suppression, move faster and deal more damage); "the medic" : provides more hitpoints to the entire squad as well as passive regeneration. He can also heal nearby allies and "resuscitate" fallen members of his squad that are injured.
- Rebel Assault Squad : 7 troopers squad. Can be upgraded to face various situations. Start with blaster rifles, concussion and smoke grenades. Can choose one weapon upgrade and one leader upgrade. Weapon upgrades are either "Anti-infantry" : gives them flashbangs and 2 automatic blasters that deliver sustained fire very powerful against infantry and can suppress ; "Anti-tank" : gives them thermal detonator and 2 light recoilless guns to quickly take down light vehicles. Leader upgrades are either "the sergeant" : gives them the ability to charge (they become completely immune to suppression, move faster and deal more damage); "the medic" provides more hitpoints to the entire squad as well as passive regeneration. He can also heal nearby allies and "resuscitate" fallen members of his squad that are injured. Once equipped, can easiliy fight against Stormtroopers.
- Rebel Weapon Team : 4 troopers squad. Start with a heavy MG that must be deployed before firing and has a limited arc of fire. Very effective against infantry, can suppress. Can throw smoke grenades. Can be upgraded either with a "heavy rocket launcher" : must be deployed before firing and takes time to aim, but has a very long range and can destroy any vehicle quickly; or a "siege mortar" : must be deployed before firing, quickly fires a volley of thermal detonator very effective against infantry and light vehicles, can also barrage a zone with smoke.
Rebel Specforce : off-map reinforcement for the Guerilla Tactics doctrine. 3 troopers squad. End-game unit, effective against everything. Can throw all kind of grenades : concussion, flash, smoke, thermal detonators, can place remote explosive, mines, can shot rockets, can suppress the enemy with heavy fire or quickly take down a single man from a distance. Can blow up an entire enemy base and stay stealth. Very expensive.
All-Terrain Recon Transporter (AT-RT) : Quick and cheap recon vehicle. Can capture strategic points. Limited role in combat because of its weak armor, but can however cover infantry with a medium firepower. Can be upgraded with a grenade launcher.
AAC-1 Speeder Tank : Rebel basic and most common tank. Not too expensive, good firepower with 2 laser cannons and 2 particles cannons (effective against tanks) and extreme maneuverability. But limited armor due to the airways to the front which make a very vulnerable spot. Can be upgraded with a pair of missile turrets on the top. The missiles naturaly aim at any air units at range and can fire at the ground with a special ability.
T2-B Repulsor Tank : A bit more expensive, this tank is the terror of the enemy infantry. With its deflector shields, the T2-B is immune to small arms damage. This tank is also very maneuverable and is equipped with four rapid fire laser guns which are very effective against infantry and air units. However, it's pretty useless against enemy tanks. In addition, the tank carries a long range sensor, giving it the ability to scan the area in order to reveal enemy units at range.
T4-B Heavy Tank : Late-game tank. Very strong armor and powerful fire with 2 heavy laser cannons. Quite slow and not as maneuverable as the other tanks due to tracks propulsion. Can be upgraded either with "concussion missile tubes" : gives the ability to quickly fire 3 long-range missiles to an enemy tank (deadly effective); or "mortar tubes" : gives the ability to barrage the area with cluster shells, effective against infantry and light vehicles.
TX-130 Saber-class Fighter Tank : off-map reinforcement for the Armored Counter-attack doctrine. Very fast-moving and maneuverable little tank with good armor and amaizing firepower : twin laser cannons, concussion missiles and a beam cannon turret make this tank effective against all targets. The TX-130 can also overheat its engine in order to go very fast for a few seconds, becoming very hard to hit and allowing it to reposition quickly. After this time, the engines are overheated and the tank is slower during a short time.
Armored Freerunner : off-map reinforcement for the Armored Counter-attack doctrine. Big repulsor craft. Most powerful Rebel asset. Equipped with 3 rotating batteries effective against all targets. Can reinforce nearby allies.
Blaster Cannon : off-map reinforcement for the Defensive Measures doctrine. Mobile artillery. Effevtive at long range against all targets. Can barrage the designated area either with cluster or smoke shells.
Don't miss the Empire update : Moddb.com
Don't forget to track the mod (stay aware of every updates) !
Have a good day !