SWLU is a mod for X3AP Litcube's Universe 1.7.2 built from the ground-up using ship assets from Mikhail Skatchkav's Star Wars Reborn Mod for X3AP. All ships have had their thruster effects, camera positions, and gun placements fixed or tweaked in addition to the many gameplay changes that come with LU. 188 total Star Wars ships (counting variants) are added in addition to all ~400 vanilla/LU ships, and can be bought in special sectors. With LU, you can finally have the massive X3AP star wars space battles you have always dreamed of! Credit for ship models goes to Wrab Null, and MikSka's team behind Star Wars Reborn. Also thanks to Litcube for making LU and his extremely useful Excel editors. Cockpit assets originally by PSCO1, Swefan Italia, and MikSka.
SWLU must be installed on top of an installation of LU. SWLU is incompatible with Mayhem and other large LU mods, and LU by its nature is largely incompatible with most of X3's mods. Do not use the plugin manager for LU or LU mods.
* Note that SWLU is unstable with Windows 7. It will likely freeze and crash on the loading screen. Windows 10 yields the best results.
1. Backup your X3AP saves located in documents\Egosoft. Ensure that there is no folder in there called "X3AP". If there already is, re-name it to something else because those are your old saves. SWLU will generate a new one upon first time startup.
2. Start with a base installation of Litcube's Universe 1.7.2.
- You can get LU here: Litcube.xtimelines.net
- Follow all of his install instructions carefully and launch LU to verify once you install it to X3
- You will need to install LU's core, 1.7.2 patch, soundtrack, and a GUI of your choosing
3. Locate your Litcube installation that you want to convert into SWLU and find its root folder called "x3 terran conflict".
4. Move the contents of Star Wars LU's terran conflict folder to your LU terran conflict folder and override all files when asked.
5. When you launch the game, the main menu should show a Federal Argon Shipyard and star wars ships. If it shows a Goner Temple, then you did not install correctly and are still running regular LU.
6. I highly recommend installing Joubarbe's Satellites Monitoring script, which is invaluable during the early-game and mid-game when you need to scavenge for ships.
- You can get it here: Forum.egosoft.com
- I also recommend looking at his "Internal Distribution Network" script if you don't like to use Saturn Complex Hubs
- If you want to create a separate game installation outside of Steam for SWLU or any other X3AP configuration, you can get the non-steam .exe launcher from Egosoft here: Egosoft.com
For any SWLU update, you can either install it again onto a base LU, or you can just dump it into your SWLU "x3 terran conflict" folder and override the old files. Your saves should still be compatible but I would advise making backups just in case. You can always revert to an older version if you don't like the changes. I will always upload an updated full release rather than a mod "patch", to keep things simple. Your old "X3AP" save file located in documents\Egosoft will work just fine if it is from a previous version of SWLU.