Star Wars: Interregnum is an upcoming mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that builds off of the highly successful Enhanced 4X Mod. Fleeing the unknown terror that is chasing the Vasari, the factions of Sins of a Solar Empire stumble on a temporary wormhole that takes them to a galaxy far, far away. The sudden arrival of armadas with trillions of refugees and thousands of warships between the events of Episodes 5 & 6 forever alters the Star Wars universe and plunges the galaxy into an unprecedented period of chaos and violence. Begun, a new conflict has.

Forum Thread
  Posts  
Random Small Bugs (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Star Wars: Interregnum : Forum : Feedback : Random Small Bugs) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 1 2016 Anchor

I did not see a place for errors that shouldn't be in the mod, but but don't break it. So I made one!

To start, I only have one to report. This one is trivial and pointless! It doesn't effect the game at all, but I found it interesting.

Using the Ascended Advent's ability to "clone" killed ships, I resurrected a Katana Fleet Dreadnaught that had been boarded by the enemy. The ship came back exactly the way it had spawned; Invulnerable, harmless, and paralyzed. Useless to me, but also harmless to the game.

Jun 2 2016 Anchor
AlecXanderLynn wrote:

I did not see a place for errors that shouldn't be in the mod, but but don't break it. So I made one!

To start, I only have one to report. This one is trivial and pointless! It doesn't effect the game at all, but I found it interesting.

Using the Ascended Advent's ability to "clone" killed ships, I resurrected a Katana Fleet Dreadnaught that had been boarded by the enemy. The ship came back exactly the way it had spawned; Invulnerable, harmless, and paralyzed. Useless to me, but also harmless to the game.

Oh boy...

Yeah, we had that issue with the Star Forge on Katana Fleet Dreadnaughts. I couldn't come up with a good way to handle that so I just changed the Star Forge to not work on them. The Ascended Advent feature though is mostly out of my control though... :-/

Looks like I'll have to get clever to fix this one. Not a big priority but thanks for the heads up!

And this is exactly where this type of feedback should go! :-D

Edited by: GoaFan77

Jun 2 2016 Anchor

Would giving the Katana Fleet dreadnaughts the ancient structure's 'abandon' ability be a temporary fix? At least then players have a way around this (AI not so much).

Jun 3 2016 Anchor
weapon12machine wrote:

Would giving the Katana Fleet dreadnaughts the ancient structure's 'abandon' ability be a temporary fix? At least then players have a way around this (AI not so much).

Due to the way the abandon ability works, it can not really be used if the ship isn't spawned at the beginning of the game by a neutral party. The Star Forge/Advent ability thus wouldn't benefit from it.

Jun 4 2016 Anchor

Since the clone ability triggers often enough that the loss of a single Katana Dreadnaught will not really change the fleet, and could actually be beneficial in freeing up supply for Dominas or other ships, simply getting rid of it may be a good idea. Something on the Katana ship itself that deletes the glitched ship if it is ever owned by a player but also disabled like that?

Edited by: AlecXanderLynn

Jun 22 2016 Anchor

Hey Goa, to add something to this thread...

Had a situation where I managed to capture a Nebulan B2 Frigate. The Frigate had a Command point (strikecraft) to spend, but no available SC squads assigned to spend it on....

Jun 22 2016 Anchor
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Hey Goa, to add something to this thread...

Had a situation where I managed to capture a Nebulan B2 Frigate. The Frigate had a Command point (strikecraft) to spend, but no available SC squads assigned to spend it on....

Yeah that's a known issue. The Nebulon-B2 has an ability to spawn a single Z-95 headhunter, but apparently you can't spawn fighters on a ship that doesn't have fighters. So that was the solution. Given the B2 isn't normally attainable by players, that probably won't change.

Jun 23 2016 Anchor

Wouldn't it just be easier to give it a squad of a single Z-95, then? Just curious.

Oh, something else I forgot about... Cyber Fortress world. Specifically, the Starbase it spawns with. Units will not auto attack it. I have to manually order everything to attack, including my strikecraft....

Jun 23 2016 Anchor
FuryoftheStars wrote:

Wouldn't it just be easier to give it a squad of a single Z-95, then? Just curious.

Oh, something else I forgot about... Cyber Fortress world. Specifically, the Starbase it spawns with. Units will not auto attack it. I have to manually order everything to attack, including my strikecraft....

You know, I think I've heard of this bug in the base game. If you spawn a starbase at the beginning of the game via a map, units don't seem to realize its a valid attack target. Not sure if it happens all the time or just randomly though.

Jun 24 2016 Anchor

Hmm, do you spawn the starbase directly, or do you spawn a constructor frigate? In a personal mod, I gave pirates a custom starbase for their planets (in part to prevent culture and TEC superweapon bombardment from killing them, and in part to have something that'll auto spawn a pirate titan when attacked :) ). I have a structure spawn with the map that then spawns a constructor frigate that in turn auto-fires a build ability. (To be honest, the structure part could probably be skipped... I only have it there to monitor the starbase. 30 mins after the starbase is destroyed, another one spawns. It's in part to make them feel more "alive" in that they'll rebuild after an unsuccessful raid.) I've never noticed it being ignored by the auto-targeting.

I know of the two times I played a round where there was a cyber fortress world, both times I had to manually order everyone to attack....

Edited by: FuryoftheStars

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.