Welcome everyone to the Development Blog #15 for Bear Force II. In this blog we will be going over some of the newly added features, the campaign that will start (hopefully) with the 0.9 launch, some fixes that have been made since the last Open Beta and the new final Open Beta before the 0.9 launch with a trailer coming soon.
- Senate Commando armor skin for the Republic.
- New weapon type: Senate Commando pike.
- New Classes: Jedi Padawan and Sith Apprentice.
Features under development
- Added feature to Officer classes: Accuracy Booster
The newly Senate Commando Armor will serve as a skin to the Clone Trooper and ARC Trooper classes.
The newly added Senate Commando Pike will serve as a bridge between melee and ranged, it can be used as a spear in combination with a shield, as well as a 2-handed polearm and at last as a rifle. Ofcourse the team has done it's very best to balance this weapon and to make sure neither the melee side nor the ranged side is considered overpowered.
Jedi Padawan and Sith Apprentice are 2 new classes intended to be balanced around what is known during events as "specialists". These classes have been added for all factions and can be used in unlimited amounts for public players during Public Play and during events. For regiments, they will be seen as a specialist class. With the new classes coming in it will depend on the server whether they will limit normal Jedi/Sith to 0%. These classes have been made and are intended to make the mod more fun for everyone, during Public Play these classes will not overwhelm normal troopers and will encourage more players to use normal troopers. For events it is intended so that more people will be allowed to play Jedi/Sith, but not the intended overpowered class, to keep everything balanced.
The Accuracy booster mechanic will serve in the same way as the newly added Force Frenzy and Group Healing force powers, but instead it will be added to the Officer classes and will it will provide an accuracy boost to the caster and any allies within a certain radius.
The Grand Campaign
The Grand Campaign is a multiplayer series of events that will take place in the Clone Wars Era. An additional galaxy map has been made that will indicate faction territories and fortifications. This Campaign will hopefully begin with the 0.9 release.
The release date for Bear Force II v0.9 has been set on the 15th of February 2018. The last Open Beta will be released on the 30th of January 2018 with an additional trailer coming out in between. Keep an eye on the #announcements channel on the Official Bear Force II Discord to get the Open Beta and for information about the Open Beta events.
Here is a list of bug fixes that have been made since the last Open Beta:
- Fixed Sniper scopes for the Sith Empire and Old Republic factions.
- Fixed Sniper projectile turning invisible.
- Fixed Medic packs
- Fixed Force Frenzy and Group Healing for new factions.
- Fixed Senate Commando armor helmets.
Here is a full changelog of all the changes and additions made since the start of the 0.9 development:
- 2 new factions: Old Republic and Sith Empire
- New weapon type: Cycler Rifle
- New Force power: Force Frenzy
- Reworked Force Heal
- New weapon type: Senate Commando pike
- New Classes: Jedi Padawan and Sith Apprentice
- Fixed Shields
- Increased accuracy of Force Counter
- Rebalanced Heavy Blaster
- Added warm up for the Grenade Launcher
- Increased Accuracy of the Sonic Blaster
- Grenade Launchers now moved to heavy class for all factions
- Increased Melee speed
- Smaller crosshair
- New cover props
- New armors
- New weapons
- New rock props
- New city props
- New maps