Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
MISERY 2.1 BETA Reports (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : MISERY 2.1 BETA Reports) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Please post your crash logs and a save if you experience any crashes!

Post the report of bugs here, please, do it in a form like the one shown below:I found a bug, XXX, and its:

• list
  • list
  • list
  • list
  • etc..

and so on :)Please describe what you did, be exact. Not, my suit degrades fast, no, it must be detailed to fix it. So, for example:"My suit degrades fast when someone shoots me or when i go trought a XXX anomaly."

*Edit By Yasti:* ISSUES WITH FIXES

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA WOUNDED NPC DIALOG FIX
------------------------

Link: Mediafire.com

Fixes the game crashing if talking to a wounded NPC
New game is not required

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA actor_effects.script:428: attempt to index upvalue 'current_outfit' (a nil value) fix
-------------------------
-open gamedata\scripts\actor_effects.script with Notepad++

-go down to line 428 and change:
"if suitfirstrun == false and cond > helmet_cond and current_helmet==helmet_name and current_outfit:section() ~= "ghillie_outfit" then"

to
"if suitfirstrun == false and cond > helmet_cond and current_helmet==helmet_name and not ai_tweaks.wearing_ghillie() then"

or d/l and save this file to gamedata\scripts
Pastebin.com

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA ui_mutant_loot.script:120: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) fix
-------------------------

For fixing this crash,

Someone wrote: [error]Description : ...ll of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\ui_mutant_loot.script:120: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

=========
Mutant looting crash fix
=========

Download: Sdrv.ms

MISERY Dev team
ponney68

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA CRAZY JUMPIN JACK NOAH FIX
------------------------

Link: Pastebin.com

Fixes Noah showing off his mad jumping skills
New game is not required. However this fix is only confirmed to work if used before the noah cutscene

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

-Use the link provided and click on download
-Save the file into gamedata\configs\scripts\zaton . Filename should be zat_b20_noah_teleport.ltx
- If you wish to uninstall it just delete the file

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA 'INCORRECT NEXT POINT' CONSOLE SPAM AND 'FRACTURE_JUP_B208' CTD FIX
------------------------

Fixes the mentioned console spam if certain squad of zombies spawned in certain place at Jupiter.

Also fixes crash with simulation_fracture_jup_b208 section not found.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

- Use the link provided and click on download
- Save the file into gamedata\configs\misc . filename should be squad_descr.ltx

------------------------
MISERY 2.1 Beta Misc Patch
------------------------

Download link:
Mediafire.com

UPDATE:
Install these files in numerical order after the above:

1. Mediafire.com

2. Pastebin.com <----save to gamedata\scripts\axr_dynamic_spawn.script

3. Mediafire.com <-- Fixes \se_actor.script:81: attempt to call global 'empty_table' (a nil value) crash

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA M4A1 UPGRADE TREE CRASH FIX
------------------------

Fixes crash when hovering the cursor over one of the upgrades of M4A1.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

- Use the link provided and click on download
- Save the file into gamedata\configs\weapons\upgrades. filename should be w_m4a1_up.ltx

Edited by (in order): Yastiandrie, trojanuch

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Pinned.

--

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

I found one, the main menu freezes often, its easily fixed tough just press ctr+alt+dlt and it will again. (for me.) It happens when you dont do anything on the menu for quite som time.

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Got a crash when typing in a name for a save. It would not let me correct the name. (I typed a save name, figured I needed to rename it, so with the backspace button I tried to delete some letters and it crashed.)

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Bando007 wrote: Got a crash when typing in a name for a save. It would not let me correct the name. (I typed a save name, figured I needed to rename it, so with the backspace button I tried to delete some letters and it crashed.)

Well that's a first.
What does the crash log say?

--

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

This is what the end of the file says:
FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : !m_error_code[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp[error]Line : 748[error]Description : ...ll of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\ui_save_dialog.script:153: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)

Edited by: Bando007

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Bando007 wrote: Im not very good at this, can I upload the wall of text as is?

Just the part after "FATAL ERROR" will do

--

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Seems like Beard and Owl no longer sell head lamps. Intentional?

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

They do on my install. It looks awesome so far. Intro movie was chilling. Great stuff...

A little bug:
Went to Noah, for him to show me the jump into the anamoly. A cut scene comes up where Noah jumps into the anomaly, spawns back at the edge, jumps again, repeat repeat. After three jumps I got out of the cut scene and could play on, but looking back on the foot of the hill, Noah is still jumping and respawning into the anomoly.

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

just so you know the head lamps it's random if the shops have them. sometimes they'll have them right as you make the game if your lucky and other times you gotta wait a day or so to find one in the shop.

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Got another crash: Was doing the holdup mission for Beard at the ranger station (the one after the mission on the Shevchenko). After killing all the bad guys, while luting the bodies it crashed:

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : !phrase_dialog->m_PhraseVector.empty()[error]Function : CPhraseDialog::SayPhrase[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\PhraseDialog.cpp[error]Line : 146[error]Description : No available phrase to say, dialog[hello_dialog] stack trace:0023:69737365 msxml6.dll

Hope this helps...

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jan 7 2014 Anchor

N.Aaroe wrote:

Bando007 wrote: Got a crash when typing in a name for a save. It would not let me correct the name. (I typed a save name, figured I needed to rename it, so with the backspace button I tried to delete some letters and it crashed.)

Well that's a first.
What does the crash log say?

Nope. That is old symptom of savegame corruption. Your saved game (2-3 saveved game before last one) become corrupted.
When you expirience corrupted save game overall main menu UI get screwed.

The mistery is why you didn't get PDA message of corrupted savegame. I guess Yaasti overlooked some place when it could happen.

Anyway, I didn't get that kind of main UI bug since I started to use Yasti's quick hard save. Strongly recommand to install it from his thread.

I guess I didn't complain enough to include this in finall release :P

@Bando007 , try to reload the game before you expirienced first savegame crash. Install that quick hard save tweak and avoid using quick savegame. Your game is probably get corrupted and you can suffer a lot of crashes unless you roll back before first corrupted savegame occured.

It is best to do it while you are still early in playtrough than you find out many hours later that you can't continue game.

Edited by: kcs123

--

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Bando007 wrote: Got another crash: Was doing the holdup mission for Beard at the ranger station (the one after the mission on the Shevchenko). After killing all the bad guys, while luting the bodies it crashed:

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : !phrase_dialog->m_PhraseVector.empty()[error]Function : CPhraseDialog::SayPhrase[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\PhraseDialog.cpp[error]Line : 146[error]Description : No available phrase to say, dialog[hello_dialog] stack trace:0023:69737365 msxml6.dll

Hope this helps...

Thats an old error from 2.0 that was corrected but somehow made it's way back into the current build
-open gamedata\scripts\dialogs.script

-find this

function npc_is_not_surrendered(a,b)
	local npc = who_is_npc(a, b)
	local st = db.storage[npc:id()]
	local po = st and st.victim_surrender and level.object_by_id(st.victim_surrender)
	if not (po) then
		return false
	end
	return po:id() ~= db.actor:id()
end

and change it to return false to return true

I can't replicate this...can you upload the previous save and explain where you were up to when you attempted to save again

------------------------
MISERY v2.1 BETA WOUNDED NPC DIALOG FIX
------------------------

Link: Mediafire.com

Fixes the game crashing if talking to a wounded NPC
New game is not required

Edited by: Yastiandrie

Jan 7 2014 Anchor

Tide is still not marked as a Sniper Rifle. I thought this was easy enough to fix, it has been reported millions of times.

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Illitti wrote: Tide is still not marked as a Sniper Rifle. I thought this was easy enough to fix, it has been reported millions of times.

It is not intended to be labeled as you say

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Crash during the bloodsucker lair mission. When the two bloodsuckers that spawn after placing the tank if they hit me I crash.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...all of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\actor_effects.script:428: attempt to index upvalue 'current_outfit' (a nil value)

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

theTops wrote: Crash during the bloodsucker lair mission. When the two bloodsuckers that spawn after placing the tank if they hit me I crash.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...all of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\actor_effects.script:428: attempt to index upvalue 'current_outfit' (a nil value)

what armour are you wearing?

EDIT:
-open gamedata\scripts\actor_effects.script with Notepad++

-go down to line 428 and change:
"if suitfirstrun == false and cond > helmet_cond and current_helmet==helmet_name and current_outfit:section() ~= "ghillie_outfit" then"

to
"if suitfirstrun == false and cond > helmet_cond and current_helmet==helmet_name and not ai_tweaks.wearing_ghillie() then"

That was my fault. I didn't take into account that some crazy stalkers would try running around wearing nothing but a helmet

Edited by: Yastiandrie

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Here is something relatively minor but possibly (still) systemic and in need of fixing:

[SPOILERS for a few stashes below]

Stash clearances - in Misery 2.0.2, there were half a dozen to a dozen stashes out there that don't properly "clear" on being looted.
In the 2.1 Beta, I tried looting one such stash and it still doesn't clear properly (i.e., drumbeat and text notification with compass image and time).

This is perhaps only a genuine issue late in the game when you've looted as many stashes as you can and you're out maiming folks to see if there's any holdouts you missed. Still, though, as many here have said, the hard-to-find hidden loot is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

The particular stash still not clearing as it should (in 2.1 Beta) is on a ledge almost smack up against the location of the basic tools at the ranger station in Zaton.

Anyway, last time I played late into the game (2.0.2, of course) I recall some half-dead fools confessing locations of "new" stashes that'd been empty for most of gameplay. I remember, in 2.0.2, a few of these emptied stashes being:
--beneath a tree growing above the burer tunnel in Jupiter
--very close to the basic tools and situated on a ledge jutting out over the pavement from the ranger station in Zaton.
--also another either on the ground or in a tree in the meadows west of the water plant in Zaton.
--other stash(es?) within the same radiated structure as Strelok's southernmost stash, within the Jupiter plant campus.

Apart from this trifle I'm blown away so far, great work!

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

I noticed cigarettes weigh nothing, is that intentional. The little pill packets which in real life also weigh next to nothing like cigarettes have a weight of .01 Kg.

I read the description on the multi-stove and it said it used kerosene but all I saw after a couple of reloads was charcoal and gasoline. Is that just one of those random items.

I LOVE the inclusion of multi use repair kits now and especially that you can buy partial ones if you are short on cash. It makes it seem like their is more buying and trading going on with other STALKERs offloading their loot instead of you and you aren't always finding everything in shiny new condition all the time. :)

Where is my GAU-8 Avenger I requested.  :/

Shame on you for turning me into a smoker and a crack addict. :P

This mod is great and I can't wait to see MISERY 3.0 and MISERY 4.0 and hopefully MISERY 5.0. You guys cannot stop till I say so which will be a very very long time. :D

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

somehow my download gets corrupted each time, any chance to get the update file uploaded to somewhere else?
(zip unexpected ending)

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Cataca wrote: somehow my download gets corrupted each time, any chance to get the update file uploaded to somewhere else?
(zip unexpected ending)

Definately. Please sit tight and the 2.1 upgrade will be available on ModDB also.
Right now it is just the full version of MISERY 2.1 that is available here.

--

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Yay, thanks a bunch. Any ETA on the patchnotes? (i know it must be a pain to write them down, take your time)

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Jan 8 2014 Anchor

We are working as fast as possible in our spare time but we have come to learn that giving out ETA's is almost like setting a promised release date.
So I'd like to not give out such ETA's anymore.
The main reason being an attempt to avoid a scenario of mistrust to our team and delivery devotion.

--

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

Yeah, dont worry too much about it, not in a particular hurry.

Jan 8 2014 Anchor

During the "Deal by the Ranger Station," the boss bugs out on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. side and will not reward the player for looting the trader and completing the task. The dialogue options are normal and don't involve any discussion about the deal.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.