Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
2.1.1 just dropped. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : 2.1.1 just dropped.) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Just thought you should know. :)
Changelog coming soon apparently.
The actual patch is about 98.6MB.

Edited by: MadeYouLook

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Wheee!

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Crash!

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : ovi->rate==44100[error]Function : CSoundRender_Source::LoadWave[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrSound\SoundRender_Source_loader.cpp[error]Line : 71[error]Description : Invalid source rate:[error]Arguments : c:\program files (x86)\bitcomposer games\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - call of pripyat\gamedata\sounds\music\miseryintro.ogg

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Awwwww...

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Yeah, getting the same error when trying to start a new game as a Recon.

radasil
radasil Loner
Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Is it the full download or the upgrade patch that's giving you grief?

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Also having the game crash on the menu screen after patching. Though I did have a couple of mods (music, NPC accuracy mod) installed.

Oh well, looks like it's finally time to start up my third game of MISERY, this time with Sniper and Dark Mode enabled :D

Huh, okay re-installed CoP and 2.1 completely, added 2.1.1 and the game crashes on a new game in Dark Mode when it loads and (I assume) wants to play the intro movie. Changing classes and setting lighting to static didn't help.

Eh, ended up re-installing everything (good old SSD makes it a breeze) but still had the bug. But I made a savegame with a new file in version 2.1, so I loaded that up and am now playing my new game of 2.1.1

Jun 30 2014 Anchor

So is it just the intro that's tripping? And you can get around it by loading a previous "beginning of game" save?

Jun 30 2014 Anchor

Same here as recon :

[error]Expression : ovi->rate==44100[error]Function : CSoundRender_Source::LoadWave[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrSound\SoundRender_Source_loader.cpp[error]Line : 71[error]Description : Invalid source rate:[error]Arguments : d:\jeux\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - call of pripyat\gamedata\sounds\music\miseryintro.ogg

Trikzter
Trikzter MISERY Dev. - Language King
Jun 30 2014 Anchor

In the meantime try this file, guys:
Www51.zippyshare.com
This is a replacement for miseryintro.ogg that is seemingly corrupted (or simply not working for some people). To install it, replace miseryintro.ogg file in gamedata\sounds\music folder.

Edited by: Trikzter

--

Jun 30 2014 Anchor

Thanks!

ponney68
ponney68 MISERY Dev Team
Jun 30 2014 Anchor

@Lowenz and others
No, that log shows you didn't have proper 2.1 before install 2.1.1.
Because that file is exact same with 2.1.1 Update, All-in-one and 2.1 (However it's not included in patch 2.1.1)
Maybe you installed old torrent version 2.1,right? It also has some other issues.
Please install Update 2.1.1 or 2.1.1 All-in-one for stopping future issues.

EDIT:
I've checked very earlier 2.1 files again. It seems there is no remaining issue.
So I decide to reupload Patch 2.1.1 with miseryintro.ogg for ppl who downloaded very earlier 2.1.
Sorry for the confusion. Again, Update version and All-in-one don't have this issue.

Edited by: ponney68

Jun 30 2014 Anchor

Thanks!

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

Does this update need a new game or is it compatible with 2.1 game saves?

I don't like the hardcoreness of 2.1, but that's mainly because my computer is on the (very) weak side to run Misery, so I feel that it has an artificial element of dificulty on my particular system. This all changed once I tweaked a couple of files; now I love it! Does 2.1.1 keep the same difficulty or does it get easier or harder. From the changelog, it seems like it will take more time to die.

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

I seem to have a problem with Misery 2.1.1: I have radiation sickness and I cannot cure it! I paid the money to Skadovsk healer to remove the radiation, and also tried healing me, but I got my health back, but the radiation still there...

Jul 3 2014 Anchor

peank wrote: I seem to have a problem with Misery 2.1.1: I have radiation sickness and I cannot cure it! I paid the money to Skadovsk healer to remove the radiation, and also tried healing me, but I got my health back, but the radiation still there...

check you inventory mybe you have some artifact thats not in container or mybe they change rad. output of some artficat so that is bigger then the artifact container can hold and u get radiated all the time

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Jul 4 2014 Anchor

milen wrote: Does this update need a new game or is it compatible with 2.1 game saves?

I don't like the hardcoreness of 2.1, but that's mainly because my computer is on the (very) weak side to run Misery, so I feel that it has an artificial element of dificulty on my particular system. This all changed once I tweaked a couple of files; now I love it! Does 2.1.1 keep the same difficulty or does it get easier or harder. From the changelog, it seems like it will take more time to die.

Set your alife to 200 helps a lot compared to the standard 300.

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Jul 4 2014 Anchor

That I did, and it seems a lot smoother now, only some places still have lag, like the mission where you have to protect the trader. Did I get this mission because I chose to side with the bandits on the Shevchenko raid?

A little bug report here, for the Shevchenko raid, I was gonna choose to help the bandits, I wanted some change and usually always help the stalkers.
I couldn't get it done, so after 10 or more tries, I decided to go solo and use the explosive road. Bought a few IEDs, and then placed them around the mid level of the ship. I trigger a response from the stalkers by headshooting the one standing guard in the lower deck. BOOM and again BOOM and most of them are dead, and the other bandits arrive and help me out. Then I go out to loot and realize, I can loot the stalker that s patrolling, but he is still standing and walking, but when I walk up to him, I get the search body prompt and could loot his belongings. The bandits remained in the "alarmed" state and the mission never updated.

Not knowing what to do, I decided to shoot the bandits and fail the mission.

Jul 5 2014 Anchor

Quick question : is a 2.1.1 saved game compatible with 2.1 ?

ponney68
ponney68 MISERY Dev Team
Jul 5 2014 Anchor

lopezien wrote: Quick question : is a 2.1.1 saved game compatible with 2.1 ?

Yes.

Jul 5 2014 Anchor

Thx, I will then go back to 2.1

Sorry to say but the zone feels a bit uninhabited in 2.1.1 (I know it's for low end rigs purpose).

Just to illustrate my purpose, I started a new 2.1 game and after few minutes, I could already notice the difference. For example, that 8 snorks + 2 cats spawn ! Damn, I missed those crazy spawns !!! :D

Does it work the same from 2.1 to 2.1.1 ? For example, if I have a civilian zombie hand in my inventory, wouldn't it crash the game ? Or may be the removed civi Z doesn't mean the hand item availability in inventory has been also removed ?

cheers :)

Edited by: lopezien

Jul 9 2014 Anchor

Can someone make spawn menu for 2.1.1?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.