Forum Thread
Time Passes 1:1 or close, Except you Lose Time in Level Transitions (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Last Day : Forum : Suggestions : Time Passes 1:1 or close, Except you Lose Time in Level Transitions) Locked
Thread Options
May 2 2018 Anchor

A simple mod idea, one that I took from the fact that when you quick travel you actually lose time. I'll explain my reasoning later, for now I want to just get the idea across:

The new STALKER day cycle lasts the same, or similar, maybe 1:2 or 1:3, to real life time. That part is simple, anyone can do that by changing alife.ltx.
But, level transitions, like quick travel, causes time to skip forward a few hours.

For me, it makes the game seem more "dense", having many things happen in only the span of one day, and also helping a slower, more 'Stalker' play style in the literal sense because you're no longer having to outrun the sun every time you do missions.

I thought about the economy maybe being a problem, as it would seem that you're making money took quickly, but risk factor never changes, and so to get that large amount of money in one day, you're also getting a large amount of near-death in that one day. The reason for a time-skip in travel is for me, to get two birds with one stone- It makes time seem like it's moving forward, which adds distance and scale to the zone, and as a bonus it make certain things on level transitions make more sense, like weather suddenly changing, or things suddenly moving when they were fine just a few (IRL) minutes ago.

Of course there will be unforeseen problems, but whether it will outweigh the good is impossible to tell until it can be playtested. As well as that, a change probably needs to be made to the A-Life spawn rate, since I think that's based in IRL time instead of game time (Not sure).

Started work on the mod. I found a mod that added time for level transitions to CoC, and now I've ported, and am testing it with Last Day to see if it'll work for my purposes. If it works, or if it doesn't, I'll post and ask for more troubleshooting/help playtesting!

Level transitions are working, and time passing is working. I've encountered bugs and un-intentional side affects though, that's probably make this more of an overhaul than a tweak.

Bugs and Additional Affects:

This will be constantly updating. I'm not uploading the files until I get permission from a modder who I used some code from to get the level transitions working.

Grave:

• Bandages don't heal. Applying 10+ bandages to a medium wound from a mutant stopped the bleeding to a crawl, but not healed it completely.
    • This bug is apparent in all medical items that work over a period of time it seems. Any instant affects are fine, but, it seems that anything that's over time has been made 10x or more less effective (Military stim packs barely healed)

Major:

• Stamina was used up 10x slower, effectively giving the actor 10x stamina... But it also took 10x longer for it to regen. Someone might like it, but after testing it, I can say most won't. A simple optional fix to actor.ltx to up the stamina use and regen should be good.

Minor:

• Time moves at the normal vanilla pace during psy-storms and emmisions. Didn't expect that, but it's very minor and easy to ignore

Good:

• Thirst and hunger is working as expected without any changes necessary to how it works. You won't be getting as hungry or as thirsty as often, but that's because the day is a lot longer.

This mod is probably not going to be made soon, or at all. Not by me at least. I'm a rookie when it comes to modding, and all the problems a mod like this would cause the vanilla way are above my talents, so are scripting away around this.

Edited by: n0ps

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.