Call of Misery started as an unofficial port of Misery 2 to Call of Chernobyl but has since gone on to add its own features and changes. There are now many addons for CoM itself, most of which are released in Russian. This mod has CoM and some of the popular addons for CoM along with some of the translations for them. Credit will be given in each mod and addon to the creators and translators.
*UPDATED 01/27 New mesh for exo-suits and more..* This addon contains custom HD variants of arms and hands, upgrading HUD visuals of most outfits in Call of Misery (STCoM and OA compatible).
- added new mesh for all exo-suits with new custom textures: screenshot example
- changed the hand mesh for monolith suit and mercenary outfit to an open glove model
- improved ecologist suit bump map along many other textures
- includes new mesh and textures for ghillie suit (you need a mod that adds back the suit in game)
- corrected visual for monolith suit in actor.ltx (only for vanilla CoM and CoM + STCoM WP)
- added Outfit Addon for CoM compatibility, also expanded compatibility with STCoM WP
- reworked all textures for seva suits
- improved textures for pz9d, guardian of freedom, monolith suit, nbc and merc outfits
- improved ecologist suit specular map
- fixed some duty outfits broken textures path
- improved the bump maps for most outfits
- more outfits textures fixes (color tone, sharpness..)
- added option to change the visual of the bandit trench coat to a brown fabric (default is black leather in CoM , comes with STCoM WP compatibility)
- initial release with new distribution of hands models, no outfit: barehanded, starter outfits: beige open fingertips gloves, some medium armors: black open fingertips gloves, and finally full gloves with variants for heavier armors, full exo's and radiation suits are untouched from original game
- a lot of new custom textures, standardized 2048px DXT1 for diffuse and DXT5 for normals
Copy this archive content in your JSGME addon folder and activate the mod within the manager, or manually copy this archive gamedata folder in your game directory to install, do the same for the optional folders.
Choose "gamedata" from ONE of the following folder to suit your installation:
- CoM, to use this addon with only Call of Misery
- STCoM WP, to use this addon with CoM and STCoM Weapons Pack
- Outfit Addon, to use this addon with CoM and Outfit Addon
- STCoM WP + Outfit Addon, to use this addon with both the others addons previously installed
No new game required !
To see more of the player's arm in-game, I recommend setting the HUD field of view to .50 or .55, and even up to .65 for the exo-suits, the other general FOV setting above it will depend on your monitor size and resolution.
This addon is inspired by a CoM mod by zmviktor on Vk, and based on the the original works by LafuGix, WizziGun, Gazik, змей13, ky-ky, Azetrix, Дермидонт and GSC. All credits goes to the original author(s) for the meshes and the base textures.
Tools used: AXR Toolset, Hex Workshop, Gimp, Notepad++
Thank you for trying this out, please comment on what to improve!