- 1.5 requires a new game and is NOT compatible with old saves!
- The Beta will reset all your settings, set them again after starting the game.
- Don't install any form of add-ons for 1.5, only "Back to the Root (Models)" and "English Voices" work fine for now.
- To start Lost to the Zone storylines, ask stalkers around for any new information they know. You might find someone who can give you important leads.
Anomaly 1.5 is the biggest update yet, It includes a lot of new features and major changes
"Lost to the Zone" Storylines have been added to Anomaly 1.5 with it's 3 parts:
- Part 1: Living Legend: a famous stalker has returned to the Zone. Pursue him in order to obtain his invaluable knowledge.
- Part 2: Mortal Sin: a sinister faction emerges from obscurity to take over the Zone. You are the only one who can stop them.
- Part 3: Operation Afterglow: the Zone attracts a lot of attention. However, some people believe that its many secrets are best kept hidden.
The Story mode now includes "Lost to the Zone" storylines, along with "Mysteries of the Zone" and DRX Questlines. The player is free to play any of them whenever they want.
Major quests won't be given to you upon starting a game, you need to ask for it.
Warfare has become a part of Anomaly as an optional mode. It simulates a war between different factions in a dynamic fashion.
The mode lets the player assume control over their faction. This is done at run time, and the player can choose between either the dynamic expansion system or the manual expansion system. The dynamic expansion system will adapt to any bases you captured in manual expansion mode when you switch back.
With an offline combat simulator, squads can intercept other squads arbitrarily, so the zone will be much more dynamic and the large scale war will rage at the far corners of the map.
The engine received a lot of improvements, and many new features has been added such as HUD inertion and FXAA support.
The weather cycles have been completely revamped by meatchunk to achieve better atmosphere and quality. And many improvements are done to the surrounding environment such as trees swing in storms, glowing anomalies, dynamic rain and more.
The A-Life received major changes. Stalkers travel more frequently and report their activity in the other parts of the Zone. The disguise system has improved, your equipment and behaviour affects the way stalkers observe and remember you.
The mutant spawns in underground levels is reworked for more dynamic encounters, each playthrough will carry something different for you.
Every time you start a new game, the spawned items around the Zone will be different. Their availability depends on the chosen difficulty.
Special characters and common stalkers offer more unique tasks, along with expanded dialog.
Sometimes you want to pass through some area without worrying about an enemy squad camping there. Many special characters have connections around the zone, talk to them and provide a payment to bribe an enemy faction temporarily.
you can ask natural squads to join your company and provide protection for a fee, the service is offered for a day or two. The escort squad will decline if you travel to abounded locations or monolith areas.
On high ranks or really bad reputation, you'll attract enough attention. Your enemies will put a bounty on your head and send elite squads after you.
The inventory has been expanded with more item slots. In addition, a lot of changes have been done to the item system: all devices operate by their own batteries, you can swap batteries between devices.
Backpacks are essential to increase the carry weight while equipped. And bolts are limited on hardest difficulty.
PDAs found on corpses can be viewed by the player to dig the messages inside. Messages related to the dead stalker can be about anything, search for any important info you can find.
A new set of headlamps and PDAs with special features are available. In addition, a new 3 detectors are added for quests and general-usage:
The Geiger Counter is now a detector with its own model. Using it will show the radiation value on the HUD. It operates under 3 modes to show readings in different ways.
The RF Receiver is able to catch signals coming from different radio sources. Along with the Anomaly Measurement device, both are used for different quests.
Download and Installation:
The beta is a patch in a form of loose files, not a full release. The final release of 1.5 will be a complete repack (Standalone), it will be released once the beta is over.
First you need Anomaly 1.4 to be installed. if you have it installed already then skip to step 4. Otherwise follow this order:
1. Create a folder of your choice for Anomaly
2. Download and unpack Anomaly Repack 1.3.1 (Part 1) and (Part 2) inside the folder
3. Download and unpack Anomaly 1.3.3 Update inside the folder:
4. Download and unpack Anomaly 1.4 Update inside the folder:
5. Download and unpack Anomaly 1.5 (BETA) inside the folder:
JSGME is a good choice in case you want to revert back to 1.4 later.
Report issues and bugs on Anomaly forums. Upload your log file (found in appdata/logs) and describe where\when or how the crash happened.
You can report bugs on the Discord server for Anomaly (in #progress_feedback channel) as well. Click on the image down below to join
Have fun and merry christmas!