The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
Anomaly Repack Update 1.4.0 Preview (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Announcements : Anomaly Repack Update 1.4.0 Preview) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Aug 26 2018 Anchor

Anomaly Update 1.4.0 requires a new game and is NOT compatible with old saves

There are too many changes to items and gameplay, so unfortunately this update requires a new game. Loading an old save will most likely corrupt the game state, if it doesn't crash the game immediately, so please don't even try it.

Install instructions

• Install Anomaly Repack
  • Install Update 1.3.3
  • Install Update 1.4.0 Preview
  • Optional: The only compatible addon is Back-to-the-Roots (for now), it's not required but should work with 1.4.0
  • Do not use any other addons and make sure you don't have anything else installed in gamedata

Download link

UPDATES

• 2018-08-26 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 1
  • 2018-08-28 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 2
  • 2018-08-28 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 3
  • 2018-08-29 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 4
  • 2018-08-30 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 5
  • 2018-09-02 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 6
  • 2018-09-06 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 7
  • 2018-09-09 - Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 8 - RC1
  • please re-download and install the new version if you already had the previous version installed, just unpack this new version on top of the old one

Feedback and bug reports should be posted in this thread!

Changes

• Integrated Stalker Two-K texture updates by paranoiia8
  • Integrated Anomaly Scopes Extension by paranoiia8
  • Integrated Anomaly Overhaul by Tronex
  • Many tweaks and stability improvements
  • Integrated better sky textures by paranoiia8
  • Integrated better exo suit mask overlay by paranoiia8

Anomaly Overhaul

Economy

In an attempt to give the player the ability to choose the difficulty/economy that suits their own preferences, an new option under the name of (progression difficulty) has been added in the new game menu with three choices (stalker, scavenger, survivalist):

• The progression difficulty affects a lot of aspects: Trade, repair and upgrade costs. Loots in general (items, money). Chances of stash discovery. Max uses of medkits. Carry weight. Condition of looted weapons and more. (WIP)
  • All progression factors can be controlled in-game through "extra options" menu
  • NOTE: These options will be shown only if your save is loaded. Changes done to progression factors will be applied to your current playthrough only.

Crafting System

Introducing new crafting system. An alternative way to obtain equipment through your playthrough rather than relying completely on traditional trading:

• A set of 5 kits that allow the player to craft all kinds of items:
    • Basic toolkit (crafts basic kits and devices, tier-1 upgrade parts)
    • Advanced toolkit (crafts better kits and devices, tier-2 upgrade parts)
    • Export toolkit (crafts advanced kits and devices, tier-3 upgrade parts)
    • Drug-making kit (crafts all kind of meds and drugs)
    • Gunsmithing kit (crafts better ammo out of old and damaged variants)
  • Each kit has 7 max uses.
  • Added special recipes and guides. Reading them will unlock new craft recipes for the said kits.
  • Crafting kits and recipes can be found mainly through stashes and loots.
  • Mechanics will ask for full set of basic/advanced/expert tools (7 uses)

Encyclopedia

• Dynamic encyclopedia. the player can unlock articles on discovery of all sort of things through their playthrough (factions, levels, important items, artefacts, anomalies etc..)
  • New special category (Notes). Stores personal notes such as crafting recipes, notes and letters from other stalkers (WIP)
  • Ironman states can be seen in a special note in the encyclopedia

Item management

• Added the ability to combine multi-use items (reduce overall weight)
  • Added the ability to separate multi-use items (selling parts instead of full set)
  • Added the ability to disassemble the majority of available items, the player will obtain basic materials that can be reused for crafting or repairing purposes.
  • (Swiss Knife) and (Grooming kit) have 7 max uses, both can be used to disassemble small items or in crafting other items. (Multitool) has unlimited uses as usual.
  • Added new upgrades tree for binoculars.
  • Added (Anomaly maps). New documents that can be found on corpses. Show the location of known anomaly fields (WIP)
  • Added (Military GPS module). Shows the location of nearby natural/friendly npcs for a brief amount of time upon use. Consumes a considerable amount of UPD power
  • (Guitar) and (Harmonica) are usable items
  • (Geiger counter) will consume power upon use.
  • (Personal Notes) will unlock random stash location.
  • Added special mutant parts (meat, parts, hide) for the new mutants (Lurker, Psysucker)
  • (Field cooking kit) has 3 max uses, it can be used on campfires for low-tier meat or (Charcoal) for high-tier meat.
  • (Army Kettle) has 7 max uses, it can be used on campfires or (charcoal). Cooks all kind of meat.
  • (Multi-fuel stove) has unlimited uses. Can cook all meat. Requires high-tier fuel
  • Added new set of misc items and basic materials, useful for crafting.

Artefacts

The arefacts have been reworked from the ground in order to bring their usefulness back and separate them in types and tiers (WIP):

• Artefacts now have less tiny / more meaningful values.
  • Restored health and carry weight boosting artefacts.
  • Fixed broken values of some containers
  • Fixed the included ZoneExpanded artefacts mod (for real tho... nothing is right about this one)
  • Nerfed mechanical belt attachments (they no longer outclass high-tier artefacts)
  • Reduced LLMC (artefact container) weight from (3.6 kg) to (2 kg)
  • Artefacts of electric nature can be used to recharge the UPD. Copper coil is required. The artefact used in the process will become an inactive variant.
  • Removed (Artefact Handling Tool), simply drag and drop artefacts on containers to put them in.

General

• Added new (Extra Options) menu, press F1 in the main menu to access it.
  • Removed the inventory grid
  • Added special map marker for companions
  • Added map markers for deployed sleepingbags and tents
  • Updated UI of repair kits
  • Small nerf for controllers and poltergeists psy-aura (aimed for balancing in close areas)
  • Lurkers number per squad is limited to 2
  • Canned food will no longer require (Swiss Knife) to open
  • Reworked death_by_community. Slightly reduced the possibility of finding smoke.
  • Reduced costs of (AWR) requirements
  • Mechanics will ask for money (1000 RU) instead of vodka for using their vice
  • Adjusted (buy_item_condition_factor) for some traders: military/mercs/duty traders will buy weapons above average condition, sid/bandits/flea market traders will accept a wide range of conditions
  • Removed (Paper of equipment condition). Equipment condition can be seen from the notes section.
  • Remove items (Hexagon wood stove) (Multimedia PDA). Other items/features serve better rules.
  • Reduced prices of upgrade parts to half the value (price exploiting reasons)
  • Improved many item icons
  • Added new button to mutant loot UI (Loot all parts)
  • Adjusted gulag job: stalkers will gather around campfires again
  • Improved the rain texture
  • TRX Dynamic News Revamp: Fixed a case where news start before completely loading
  • TRX Dynamic News Revamp: Removed stashes news and death by surge reports cause they are static/spammy
  • TRX Sounds Revamp: improved footstep sound effects
  • TRX Sounds Revamp: Doubled the silence periods between ambient sounds for less spam and better output
  • TRX Dynamic Faction Relations: added new limiters to avoid the chance of getting loved by all factions after slaughtering bandits and monolith, relation changes should be slower but more balanced now.
  • TRX Zone FM: Improved the main script for better optimization.
  • TRX Zone FM: Added radio options menu (accessible through "extra options menu")
  • TRX Zone FM: Added the ability to make new music playlists.

Technical

Bug fixes, optimization, cleaning:

• Removed the old location discovery (badly written script)
  • Fixed an issue with few buggy options that can't be turned off
  • Fixed a case where autosaving is still working while other hardcore save modes are active.
  • Debug spawner will load sections automatically, it uses blacklist instead to prevent specific sections from appearing
  • Fixed weird spawns in few areas (ex: monolith spawning inside Yanov station)
  • Fixed a problem with starting new game in Car Park (cordon)
  • Fixed UMP-45 using nato silencer
  • Removed (fake news) option. It serves no actual purpose
  • Removed (robbery on sleep) option. broken/incomplete
  • Removed (artefact degradation) temporarily, it will be restored once the feature gets fully-implemented in the engine.
  • Restored (Show Tracers) option
  • (Unload all weapons) key has been moved to keybinds tab
  • Economy related options has been removed. Alternatively, all economy aspects are controllable through a single config file (configs\plugins\economy_difficulty.ltx)
  • Moved (Open all routes) option to the new game menu, its under the name of (Accessible Zone)
  • Reworked CoC Treasure Manager (Stashes) as the following:
    • The manager no longer relies on blacklists. A whitelist is used instead to spawn specified items. This has been done as a final fix to the massive amount of sections and bugged items coming from stashes.
    • Added the ability to blacklist specific items from being included in stashes for specific progression difficulties. This can be used to prevent selected items from appearing in stashes in harder difficulties. Controllable through (coc_treasure_manager.ltx) config file.
  • Fixed a case where psi-storms are lagging the game
  • Optimized checks for nearby campfires/sleepbags/tents for much less scanning
  • Optimized toggle suppressor script by removing actor_on_update callback, the script relies on a timer instead. No need to run checks all time
  • All instances of alife():object have been replaced with alife_object from _G to avoid silent errors.
  • Big optimization to (simulation_objects.script) and connected files, big improvement to alife objects/smarts handling.
  • Removed (configs/weather) files, old files with no purpose
  • Updated (xr_logic.parse_condlist) and (xr_logic.pick_section_from_condlist) with lighter/optimized script
  • Fixed broken condition lists in many smart terrains
  • Fixed a crash upon visiting the Generators
  • Optimized (outfit drops) script, it no longer use actor_on_update for continuous checks
  • Many script that use vector():set(x,y,z), in which are constant, were replaced with the new vector constants (VEC_ZERO, VEC_X, VEC_Y, VEC_Z) from _G
  • Adjusted duplicated "Second Layer of Armor" and "Carbon Fiber" upgrade name
  • Improved table insertions in important scripts
  • Removed unused scripts
  • Reworked and improved item management scripts for more optimization.
  • Sorted hundreds of messy config files.

Edited by: seargedp

Aug 26 2018 Anchor

- Removed (Artefact Handeling Tool), simply drag and drop artefacts on containers to put them in.

Damn, I liked that feature... It was mostly a nuisance sometimes but eh.. muh realism I guess!

- Canned food will no longer require (Swiss Knife) to open

Why?, can you open them without any tools?

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

Will spawns get rework/update in the future ?They are basicly the same ones from Last Day with a few tweaks here and there.

After playing a while i know what areas every faction will send squads to and mutants are kinda "stuck" never wanting to explore/hunt just guarding their own area.

And while we are at it why does Duty have a spawn inside the Freedom base in the Military warehouse ?

Edited by: Jakimoto

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

As for canned foods:

Just pull it :D

But still I thing Swiss-knife should not have limits... Im ok with Grooming kit or any other tool but knifes or hammers and crowbar is just tools that you can use for years... hell I have somewhere pocket knife of my grandpa from ww2 and its still ok...

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

Sees Anomaly overhaul. Hype.

Sees Anomaly 1.4. Double Hype.

Sees Anomaly overhaul integrated into 1.4. C-C-C-Combo hype.

Can't wait to jump in once I finish breath of the wild!

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

Is it normal that I can't change any options? I click "Apply" but it doesn't do anything, if I press esc or click "Cancel" it doesn't save anything.

Aug 27 2018 Anchor
paranoiia8 wrote:

But still I thing Swiss-knife should not have limits... Im ok with Grooming kit or any other tool but knifes or hammers and crowbar is just tools that you can use for years... hell I have somewhere pocket knife of my grandpa from ww2 and its still ok...

Agreed on this. Even the toolkits should probably be single use and just make them rarer, but I guess if the goal is to get you to craft more than you buy at a vendor I could live with toolkits being 7 uses. The hammer and swiss army knife though just seems silly.

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

Installed this over a fresh unpack of Anomaly 1.3.3, the game crashes every time I hit New Game.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : <no expression>
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 520
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'new_game_hardcore_lives'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

I also can't change any of my settings as hitting aply doesn't seem to do anything. Going back to the main menu and back to setting shows the default settings.

I checked if it had something to do with the 1.3.3 repach files I had but none of these issues happend there. Re-downloading the update preview also didn't help.

Specs : Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4.00 GHz, 32 GB RAM and GeForce GTX 1080

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

I would really like to have separate option for max weigh.

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

Can't apply settings.

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T APPLY SETTINGS: Start a new game, more options will appear, then you can save settings.

Aug 27 2018 Anchor
Khraa4 wrote:

I would really like to have separate option for max weigh.

It's already there, just hidden.
You need to get in debug mode and load your save, then f1 on the main menu

Keep in mind that all settings related to progression are applied per save, so making new playthrough will require changing progression settings again (if you have too).

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

So does the removal of the theft on sleep option imply that AI can steal your stash or that your stash is safe?

Aug 27 2018 Anchor

* Game loner - garbage - quicksave_1.scop is successfully saved to file 'appdata\savedgames\loner - garbage - quicksave_1.scop'
! [SCRIPT ERROR]: c:\games\anomaly\gamedata\scripts\lastday.script:48: attempt to compare nil with number

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 189
[error]Arguments : LUA error: c:\games\anomaly\gamedata\scripts\lastday.script:48: attempt to compare nil with number

stack trace:

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 2 is now available, the download link in OP has been updated.

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

same crash when start shooting to bandits at garbage Pastebin.com

! [SCRIPT ERROR]: c:\games\anomaly\gamedata\scripts\lastday.script:48: attempt to compare nil with number

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 189
[error]Arguments : LUA error: c:\games\anomaly\gamedata\scripts\lastday.script:48: attempt to compare nil with number

stack trace:

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

cannot start new game or change any options at all, clicking those options causes the game to crash immediately, running in admin mode will cause the game not to launch at all. getting error

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 520
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'new_game_hardcore_lives'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

Is it possible we can make the companion quick menu a key binding instead of locked to middle mouse?

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 3 is now available, the download link in OP has been updated.

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

seargedp Whats New in this Update/Preview version?

Aug 28 2018 Anchor

There is a changelog in the download, in the Overhaul text document (.rtf) and a minor update to the Scopes Extension mod. I'll try to add a changelog to the post next time I update the preview.

Aug 28 2018 Anchor
seargedp wrote:

There is a changelog in the download, in the Overhaul text document (.rtf) and a minor update to the Scopes Extension mod. I'll try to add a changelog to the post next time I update the preview.

Thanky you for the sopport for this mod and the developers/team too.

Edited by: slavman

Aug 29 2018 Anchor

Anomaly 1.4.0 Update Preview 4 is now available, the download link in OP has been updated. The change log is included in the download, the main change in preview 4 is a new page on the PDA that shows more detailed information about ironman mode, if that is enabled.

Aug 29 2018 Anchor

The word 'members' is mispelt as 'memebers' in the game (changing into another factions uniform) and in the changelog.

Fantastic work Seargedp, hard to play any other Stalker after this one!

Aug 29 2018 Anchor

I see an option that is cut off. "Ill with hostile factions" what is it? Also I've noticed a change in the AI. They have all become aimbots. I got sniped by a bandit from like 150 ft with a sawed off.

Edited by: Pale_Navigator

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.