This mod makes artifacts actually useful, makes junk artifacts into real artifacts and also rebalances attachments
Made for Anomaly 1.5 b3 update 4 hotfix 8
Used xGrenadier's values as a base for the normal artifacts and expanded upon them Moddb.com
Various features and info you should know:
- Added new properties to Junk artifacts, rebalanced their prices and weights, made some of them require a detector now (13 out of 32 can be found without a detector).
- Extra 3 junk artifacts (Bat, Black Stone, Atom) and 2 artifacts (Anomalous Bread, Compass) now spawn in anomalies
- You can't put Junk artifacts into modules because they would explode™. Find -radiation artifacts to counter their +radiation, or smoke a few cigarettes.
- Rebalanced the attachments and gave them a whole bunch of new stats.
- Because of slav code, fire_wound_immunity(ballistic resistance) sometimes doesn't show up in game or shows up as explosive resistance, even though it works as ballistic resistance. Because of this, all fire_wound_immunity and explosive_immunity values in this mod are the same. If you see an artifact with explosive resistance or weakness on it, it also has the same value for ballistic protection, even if you don't see it in game. So don't get rid of an artifact thinking it only has explosive protection, it also protects from bullets.
- The gray radiation icon (0-1350msv) has been removed because it kept flashing on and off from -rad and +rad items working at the same time. Invest in a geiger detector.
- Wound healing artifacts do stop bleeding despite their wound healing numbers being lower than bandages etc. -Wound healing artifacts don't make you bleed, they only counteract +wound healing artifacts and increase your bleeding once you get hit.
- Artifact modules' -radiation stacks with the artifacts now, making them a bit more useful. Also all of the modules and containers are 1kg now.
- Small issue: after loading the game the artifacts + and -radiation gets a bit weird and sometimes you might start getting irradiated even though you have enough -rad to upkeep +rad stuff. Just reequip everything on your belt and that should fix it. Black stone doesn't get detected by detectors but seeing it is fairly easy.
A lot of the balancing was done with my other mods in mind:
- Anomalous Bread (tier 0) now spawns in fire anomalies
- Compass (tier 3) now spawns in electra anomalies
- Changed Compass stats. To celebrate v10 and the return of the Compass it's now the most OP and expensive artifact in the game.
- Lowered Monolith stats
- Buffed almost all of the artifacts by nerfing their weaknesses, it should allow for more freedom of choice and some new combos without you constantly having to fight +rads, -health and -bleeding and all sorts of other bullshit
- Attachments buffed a bit
- High rank junk artifacts are now less radioactive
- Bubble, Ball and Sandstone -rad buffed, they also give +1 health now. Prices increased a bit.
- Moss, Scar, Signet, Thistle stats buffed
- Old v8 stats are here in case anyone wants to compare what changed Mega.nz
- All external radiation resistance numbers have been toned down a lot, they are way more sensitive than other resistances and even -200% radiation protection was able to give you 4000msv in a few seconds from just some tiny gray radiation zone which wasn't very fun to handle constantly. Now the highest value is around 100% and most artifacts are 55% or 75%.
- Artifact modules fixed and buffed, now -radiation artifacts properly remove radiation while inside of the module, and the module itself also gives -radiation that stacks with the artifact (for example +12 radiation artifact in a -24 radiation module will result in a -12 radiation module+artifact instead of the old 0, -24 radiation artifact and a -24 radiation module will end up with -48 radiation). All of the modules and containers are 1kg now, artifact+module weights have proper values now instead of randomly having more or less weight than they should. Junk artifacts still don't go into modules.
- Normalized the insane stats on Compass, Death Lamp, Monolith
- Bubble doubled -radiation
- Eye added +1health, rupture res buffed to +250, added +0.005 satiety
- Fireball removed -bleeding, rupture res buffed to +300
- Flame health buffed to +5
- Gravi physical resistances buffed to -100
- Goldfish physical resistances buffed to -200, removed impact weakness
- Heart of the Oasis resistances buffed to -200, health buffed to +4, stamina buffed to +100, -radiation buffed to -38
- Kolobok health buffed to +10
- Night Star buffed to +7kg
- Electron halved -health, increased -rad weakness and -stamina, increased the resistances a bit
- Fountain lowered -bleeding to 150
- Black Angel and Seraphim removed -weight
- Death Lamp satiety buffed from -0.080 to -0.010
- Removed the gray radiation icon from the hud. You will not see any radiation indicator for 0-1350msv but it eliminates the flashing gray icon that happens from having +rad and -rad items. Invest in a geiger detector.
- Fixed 10 junk artifacts crashing the game upon getting detected, they now don't require a detector so their prices were nerfed, stats unchanged. Hopefully no more crashes.
- Black Stone can usually only be found on NPCs since they can pick it up from 5km away for some reason
- Fixed Tapeworm floating 5 meters in the air and being unreachable, which reminded me of a fun little property
- Made some artifacts jump higher in the air, making you need to jump to catch them or shoot them out of the air
- Junk artifacts aren't useless trash anymore, now they have new properties, almost all of them require a detector to find (only 4 out of 32 can be found without a detector) and -radiation artifacts or consumables to upkeep them
- Added 3 junk artifacts to anomaly artifact spawns
- Rebalanced junk artifact weights
- Rebalanced attachments, changed stats, weights and added new strengths, weaknesses
- Rebalanced artifact, junk artifact, attachment prices, mostly made them more expensive
- Adjusted telepathy resistances, since they actually matter now (with Moddb.com)
- Further nerfed bleeding control artifacts, they're deceptively strong despite their low wound healing numbers
- Nerfed satiety restore on Anomalous Bread, Flame and Heart of the Oasis, -satiety on Death Lamp
- Removed -stamina from some artifacts
- Added -wound healing to some artifacts
- Gave Firefly minor wound healing, chemical protection, lowered fire weakness, removed +radiation
- Buffed Anomalous bread, gave it minor wound healing, telepathic protection and fire weakness
- Removed fire protection from Lobster Eyes, Mama's Beads
- Removed electric weakness from Wrenched
- Gave Moonlight extra weaknesses
- Nerfed Night Star carry weight by 2kg, removed chemical protection
- Nerfed Gravi, Goldfish carry weight by 2kg
- Rebalanced the Jellyfish, Wrenched=Stone Flower, Night Star, Mama's Beads bulletproof resistances, now they're sorted from weak to strong in that order, Mama's Beads are a bit stronger than Empty
- Jellyfish, Wrenched, Empty and Full Empty are now weak to telepathy
- Battery, Shell, Flash, Moonlight and Snowflake are now -radiation artifacts
- Adjusted mainly Bulletproof, Explosive and Rupture resistances and weaknesses on most artifacts (fancy words for nerfed the rocks and made the game harder, with some buffs here and there)
- Added new protections and weaknesses to some artifacts
- Nerfed Bleeding control (artifacts seem to heal faster than bandages etc despite the low numbers they display)
- Cleaned up the numbers a bit
Screenshots included in the mod download