Anomaly is a standalone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod powered by an x64 version of the X-Ray engine. Starting with version 1.5.0 Anomaly uses a custom engine build called the XRay-Monolith engine. After almost one year of development of the Anomaly 1.5.0 update, the mod continues its way on expanding and adding new features while maintaining a high level of quality and replay value.
Modifies SSAO to be more noticeable. SSAO looks better, but is stylized to my tastes (visible on edges in daylight)
I didn't like how invisible the default SSAO implementation was, so I tweaked the shader a bit. This does some packing tricks to mask grass contribution, so if ambient light or anything is off or different, let me know. The packing might not work or have precision issues.
v1.2 - Theoretically improved performance
v1.1 - Removed scary floating point comparison
- AO affects weapon model now
- AO visible at longer distances
- AO more visible in general
- Reduced 'bleed' effect of AO contribution of distant objects
- Modified light contribution to be distance based.
- Might run faster. Adds loop unrolling hints and increases scalar operations versus vector ones (assumes a lot about gpu hw execution, though)
- SSAO quality is fixed to highest. Might run slower if you didn't run SSAO on highest. (Maybe not though, loop unrolling hint might make it way faster for you)
- Small radius (increasing this results in too much detail loss and no blur pass exists in the engine)
- messy comments
Warning: SSAO quality will no longer have an effect (besides "off"). Low will use the same number of samples as high.