Anomaly is a standalone S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod powered by an x64 version of the X-Ray engine. Starting with version 1.5.0 Anomaly uses a custom engine build called the XRay-Monolith engine. After almost one year of development of the Anomaly 1.5.0 update, the mod continues its way on expanding and adding new features while maintaining a high level of quality and replay value.
This is an addon for Anomaly Version 1.5 [Beta 3.0] update 4 hot-fix 8 that improves the in-game impact effects and makes them more Hollywood-like. With this addon, dust, smoke, and debris, will now fly around, bounce off surfaces, and linger in the air, meant to increase the intensity during firefights within the game.
*All particles showcased above are from the "HollywoodFX" option of the new HollywoodFX v1.1.
This addon was developed on and made for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly 1.5.0 [BETA 3.0] update 4 hotfix 8.
This addon has also been reported to work with other beta versions/updates/hotfixes and also the original CoC mod, so give it a whirl and see!
If you have used HollywoodFX before, check out the changelog below to see whats new in version 1.1, if not, you can skip to the other sections.
What's new in HollywoodFX(v1.1)?:
- Fixed the "lingering" smoke effect (particles properly fade out now instead of insta-vanishing)
- Fixed slow or "mistimed" particles (All particles should now be at the right velocity and timing)
- Fixed other various particles not fading properly (All particles should now fade smoothly)
- Reduced shrapnel from lethal grenades by a factor of 10 (improves performance significantly)
- f1: (380 -> 38)
- rdg: (240 -> 24)
- thermite: (380 -> 0)
- smoke: (0 -> 0)
- Removed shrapnel from all other explosives (barrels, balloons, canisters, etc.)
- Optimized explosion particles from barrels, balloons, canisters, etc. (less lag from explosives)
- Added brand new water, cloth, ground, and grenade impact effects
- Added physics "collisions" to some particles such as debris, sparks, droplets, mud, etc.
- Particles such as debris, sparks, mud, etc. will now bounce, slide, and ricochet off of surfaces
- Improved the overall quality, look, and "feel" of all impact effects while improving performance
I decided to leave in the "lingering" smoke effects for the "RealisticFX" option in this new version since it seems more realistic than leaving it out completely. While in firefights, depending on where you are at, it should never get to the point where the lingering smoke is seriously hindering combat performance or enemy targeting effectiveness. Therefore, RealisticFX is different from HollywoodFX in the following ways:
- reduced number of particles overall
- particles are reduced in size and volume (roughly ~50% reduction)
- less "collision" particulates such as sparks, debris, etc. (the particles that bounce and slide)
- smoke still lingers, but is much smaller in size and spread
- generally will have slightly better performance
I only changed the "frags" line in the grenades and explosives config .ltx files, so if you want more frags or original frag values you can change them to the values you want if you do not like the reduced values I provided. Be warned though, you may encounter a decrease in performance when grenades explode with higher frag values.
This addon requires AyyKyu's "PARTICLES REMADE" addon: Particles Remade
Your game will likely crash or have missing textures if you do not get this addon.
This addon does not require a new game. Just install and play!
This addon essentially improves the detail of many of the impact particle effects in-game. The addon was originally designed to improve "over-the-top" Hollywood-esque effects, but a more "realistic" option is included as well for those who want the particle detail, but not the over-excessiveness. Therefore, there are two particle options included in the addon, HollywoodFX and RealisticFX.
There are two options of particles for this addon:
Option 1) RealisticFX - The reduced version of the HollywoodFX, less debri and dust will fly around, recommended for those who want toned-down relatively realistic effects.
Option 2) HollywoodFX - The original particles for this addon, excessive debri and dust will fly and linger around, recommended for those who want that "over-the-top" Hollywood-like effects. Fair warning though, the lingering smoke after firefights may make spotting or targeting an enemy more difficult in enclosed spaces, this creates a different type of challenging element for game-play in firefights.
First, make sure you have installed the required "Particles Remade" addon by AyyKyu. You can get this addon here: Particles Remade
To install HollywoodFX:
1) Extract the "gamedata" folder to your Anomaly game folder
2) Extract the "particles.xr" file from the option you want (RealisticFX or HollywoodFX) to your gamedata folder and overwrite
With RealisticFX, there should be relatively little to no impact on performance.
With HollywoodFX, maybe 1-5 frames lost at the peak of really long-winded and intense firefights with lots of stalkers using grenades, etc.
Commonly asked questions or problems with HollywoodFX:
Q) The dust cloud particles look like weird blocky squares, what is wrong?
You are missing the smoke textures that are included in the base addon "Particles Remade" which is required to run HollywoodFX, install "particles remade" first, then install HollywoodFX.
Q) Won't the reduction in the frag count for grenades make them less effective?
Q) Is this particle addon compatible with "x-y-z" addon?
Q) Is there anyway to revert or increase the blood impact particles?
This addon was originally based off of the "PARTICLES REMADE" addon by AyyKyu; therefore, a big thanks and credit to him for providing a great addon and others:
Ghost-2142 (Muzzle Flashes)
AyyKyu (base addon)
Special thanks to "Chevyfreak" for determining compatibility conflicts between Boomsticks & Sharpsticks and HFX v1.1
HollywoodFX addon was created by DeathOrchid
I want to thank those who provided feedback on how to make this addon even better. Your comments were appreciated, and hopefully I brought together an even better version of HollywoodFX for everyone to enjoy.
However, unless there are any other outstanding problems or inconsistencies in v1.1, this will likely be the final version of HollywoodFX, as I can't really find any ways to significantly further improve the quality or "look" of the particles without further decreasing performance. Thanks for sticking around and waiting for version 1.1.
Thank you for downloading and enjoy!