The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.
V2.0.0 for Anomaly 1.5.1 - New masks overlays with fixed and improved shaders. Reflections and Refractions for all helmets, 4K resolution compatible. 100% conflct free thanks to RavenAscendant. Based on the work of Nav, Thfpjct and LVutner.
The masks are only black and highly blurred. No crip details. Only the essential.
I also modified the game's behavior towards how helmets are treated with the help of RavenAscendant: helmets with a visor will now display reflections and refractions with the mask overlay for a better immersion.
It also includes proper reflection and refraction shaders, including LVutner's refraction fix for DX11:
Nav updated his masks to a new cool version that are directly 4K, you can grab them here:
The old textures of this addon are still available in an optional folder, check the installation instructions below.
0. If you use DX9 or DX10, install LVUtner Shaders Fix first (not needed for DX11): Moddb.com
1. Copy/paste this add-on gamedata to your Anomaly folder.
If you want the previous textures, in gamedata remove the textures folder and go to the `Grok's Old 4K Mask Textures`, go `Blurred` or `Crisp` folders and copy paste the db folder to your Anomaly installation.
`Grok's Refections and Droplets on Masks` is mainly for other add-ons that want to use this add-on framework to load mask textures and effects (like Nav's Masks). It also contains the shaders fix.
- 1.0: simply uploaded the stuff, full of bugs.
- 1.1: fixed known bugs, added compatibility patches for 3 add-ons and the option to not get the inventory to close automatically.
- 1.2: redesigned for Anomaly 1.5.0+, revamped the code for stability, problems should be fixed, blurred textures added, compressed the textures in db0 packs for a more efficient loading and delivery.
- 1.3: compatibility patches for less intense recoil RC18 and items animations RC18. Changed db/addons to db/mods for higher priority in textures loading.
- 1.4: update for RC21. Conflict-free monkey patch by RavenAscendant
- 1.4.1: fix CTD thanks to RavenAscendant for the fix.
- 1.4.2: fix CTD when removing helmet.
- 1.4.3: fix line 99 error.
- 2.0.0: Remade textures entirely, better mask shaders, includes LVutner refraction fix.
None by the masks HUD. Reflections and refraction shaders can slow down PCs with small GPU (tested on a MacBook Pro from 2012 with Bootcamp).
Thanks no RavenAscendant for the monkey patch. True Giga Chad that one. Thanks to Starcy and Thulhu for 1.4.1 test. Thanks to Nav for letting me upscale his masks overlay (old textures). Thanks to Thfpjct for his work on SImplified Masks, which I extensively used for the new textures.