The result of two days of cooperative modding on the anomaly discord #modding-development
NPC Appearance will change to match the "best" outfit in their inventory, if it is better than what they are wearing by default. Will change back to original appearance when "better" outfit is removed.
Includes an optional patch to make NPCs actually loot armor, not just talk about it.
Experimental feature to change NPC appearance if their armor is looted.
Dynamic NPC Armor Visuals:
- NPC with a story ID are excluded, this includes unique NPCs and some other wise generic NPCs that may be part of a quest or placed somewhere as a guard.
- Armor is compared based on a weighted sum of, in order of magnitude, ballistic, explosive and rupture protection. Weights can be changed in the ltx
- Not all NPCs will wear other factions armors. No one wants to risk wearing Monolith or Sin gear for fear of being shot on site. Duty and the Military are too proud of their uniforms to wear another factions. Bandits and renegades on the other hand are the least picky. This can also be changed in the ltx.
- Sections are the NPC's community followed by a list of armor counties with a bool for if they can be worn, missing is same as false. Meaning it is basically a whitelist.
- Without the below patch this only affects companions, or NPCs you sell an outfit to because NPCs don't loot outfits.
- Can cause small animation glitches, will stop when NPC moves
NPCs Loot Outfits
- Removes the black list that was stopping NPCs from looting outfits.
- Now when a stalker on the radio brags about looting a Sunrise Suite they will actually have it on them.
- Combined with Dynamic NPC Armor Visuals you might find yourself being attacked by a bandit dressed in Duty armor.
Strip Corpses (beta/experimental)
- When an outfit that matches an NPC Corpse's appearance is removed from it the corpse will change appearance to reflect their armor being looted.
- Corpse will briefly ragdoll and can move, just pretend you tossed them about while stealing their pants.
- If above patch is installed appearance will change when NPC loots the outfit, otherwise only the player will.
- Striped corpses now have more variability:
- For even more variety get this.