The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.
The main goal of this addon is to add appropriate mutants at places that should already have them, and at places that are almost always empty, but should be inhabited by something. -- IMMERSION is of the highest priority in any and all decisions. Also: GREAT VARIETY, and very IMPACTFUL, MEMORABLE experiences, (the kind you can read about in great Stalker stories), at all times. ---- The Zone has some very peaceful locations, and some other, very dangerous places. For excitement, seek out those dangerous places. For a more serene life, simply avoid them. -- This addon also can add several additional mutants, (if selected/enabled), some predatory, other friendly. This expands and makes the experience even more complete, which, expectedly, comes with a noticeably heightened level of danger, as one would expect from a place like the Zone.
First of all, know that the development of this addon involved an enormous amount of time and effort.
Three months of it, and it consists of thousands of lines of code and data, and many other assets that are necessary for this project, 'compacted' into this addon, to provide the intended, unique, immersive experience.
Also, thousands of various tests during development, to ensure high level of quality, and very close to the intended experience.
-- All of this needs to be appreciated.
If you think/feel differently, -- you should stop reading, and move on from this addon.
There are other, simpler addons that will allow you to add more stalkers/mutants, or simply add randomness in the Zone.
-- "Do you even Alife, bro?" addon - is one such option.
-- "Random Spawns for Anomaly" addon.
For those who do appreciate the time and effort, and appreciate what I am trying to accomplish here:
- "Enjoy it thoroughly, and, you are welcome". --- Read on.
TO BE CLEAR, this addon works IN ADDITION, and functions TOTALLY SEPARATELY, from the 'spawn system' in Anomaly itself.
NOTE/CAUTION: - this addon WILL make the playthrough, overall, noticeably more dangerous compared to 'vanilla'. (- UNLESS the Slider is set at a low setting, <300; -- in SETTINGS-ZONE-GENERAL).
- On account that it adds (appropriate) mutants on locations, that are usually sparsely-populated or even empty, (but they should have something there).
- And it also adds some additional, predator mutants, (if they are left enabled).
Of course, locations that need to be more quiet and more deserted, are.
Also, the difficulty, (mutants numbers, and presence of higher-tier mutants), will be progressively increased, up to the 15th day.
- After that, all mutants can be seen in their intended numbers.
NOTE: - for the additional mutants that are not enabled in SETTINGS-ZONE-GENERAL, they won't be added by this addon, and any existing instance of those mutants will be removed upon the next 'wave', or upon changing the settings.
An example: - you can expect from 7-15 Bloodsuckers to be present in Bloodsucker Village, AW. - With maybe some Stalkers (Freedom/Duty), and a few other mutants.
- Depending on whether it is day, or night, and the weather: clear or cloudy/rainy/storm, and other factors.
Going far around 'BS village' will be a wise thing to do.
Bloodsuckers are a bit faster now, and stay visible up to 9 meters.
Lurkers are not "paper-targets" any more. - They are appropriately tougher, akin to a lghtweight Chimera.
(- Also, added many additional sounds for them, among other.)
-- Continue reading this description for much more details.
In this instance, IMMERSION means: - what one would expect to see/encounter at locations throughout the Zone.
- If a certain mutant(s) could and should be at a location, it can be. (- depending on their kind, size, behavior)
- If a location needs to be quiet and deserted, then few or no mutants there.
- If it is an attractive location for mutants, (empty building,etc), you should see many of them there, even them competing among each other.
The behavior and size of mutants largely determines where they should be present and encountered.
- Some areas are peaceful, with herbivores. -- Other are predatory, and dangerous for humans.
Also, great care and effort was put in to introduce only mutants that fit very well in the Zone.
- Strongly, "Quality over Quantity", here. -- For an immersive Zone.
Most of the selected mutant models were further modified to fit in better, and/or made several variations of them.
The Slider setting, and the inclusion of select mutants, will determine the 'level' that this addon's effect will be felt.
-- From 'barely', at 300 and less, -- to 'effective', (>900), -- and to 'complete', at 1400-1900 and above, with all additional mutants included.
With the last (and RECOMMENDED) option, the Zone becomes a predatory land, and justifyngly so. - You should watch your back at all times, when outside human bases/settlements.
NOTE/CAUTION: - if you have enabled the AMBIENTAL FAUNA animals, (German Shepherd, Fox, Chicken), killing them excessivelly, (more than one per day, on accident), will result in a PENALTY, a certain % of your roubles.
Disable them, or do not install this addon, - if you plan to go on a 'killing spree' against friendly animals.
- Read changelog for more details.
- for the first 15 days, the danger-level will increase slowly. - After that, all mutants will start to show up in their intended numbers.
- for the first 10 days, no high-tier large predators, (from this addon). -- Mid-tier, in some locations, and an occasional Monster Boar.
Anomaly on its own will probably add some Chimeras/Giants.
---- NEW GAME is not required, although, if you are past the 10th day, you'll get some higher-tier mutants pretty quickly.
One example: - the CNPP maps, being mostly abandoned by humans, are now populated with wild life, in a predator/prey environment.
- Needless to say, it is very dangerous for humans there, especially after the first two weeks.
Prepare yourself well before you venture into the underground maps/locations.
- You'll never know what you'll encounter there. - No matter how many times you go.
FUN FACT: - some of the Anomaly's mutants apparently can climb up ladders, so, expect such things.
Also NOTE: - when the 'Monster Boar' dies off, it remains with stiff legs.
(- If someone can fix this, I will add them in the credits)
--- I RECOMMEND a Slider setting of at least 1500. - To experience the Zone at its best. In all locations.. (SETTINGS-ZONE-GENERAL)
-- Lower than this, will provide a bit more peaceful experience, and with a lower performance impact.
-- On a fast PC, 1500-2500 would be optimal.
For performance reasons, the numbers of mutants on every single map was thoroughly tested/optimized, with the goal to provide consistent FPS everywhere.
-- As a result, for example, on the larger maps, the numbers are decreased even down to 10-20% of the available, intended potential.
So, set the allowed mutants numbers as high as your PC can handle.
This will ensure that appropriate mutants are where they need to be, (all dependent on their behavior).
The Zone is full of predators now, and you'll quickly get accustomed to being a small prey and continuously being hunted. This is the new, permanent order of things. -- Having the best gear won't change much. Will give you an edge, at most.
(- Ofc, the effect of this can be lowered, with the Slider setting.)
You are not on top of the food chain any more. - Actually, very far from it.
-- As a result, you'll have to be aware of dangers in a greater radius from you now, since a predator can see you from afar and come close to attack you.
- If not careful, you may attract even several of them within the area, and all will come from different directions.
- Shooting unsuppressed is more dangerous, since the sound can attract mutants from greater distances.
-- In fact, it is a sure-fire method to attract even all the mutants in the current map.
This is particularly applicable for large grassland maps. - Darkscape, CNPP, for example. Also, in Truck Cemetery, if you come close to the small forest.
- Predators dominate and thrive, in these areas especially. - There are also herbivores/prey nearby.
To say the least, once you've been in "Jupiter Factory" And "Zaton, Iron Forest UnderGround" at night, (and at day 15+), passing through Red Forest will seem like a pleasant picnic.
When you choose to enter monster lairs like these two, you better prepare to face some monsters.
-- The small forest in TC, and the BS village in AW, at night - also 'top' Red Forest' difficulty.
Read changelog for more details.
- For example, past day 17, you may encounter some of the large mutants in the (Controller's) cave in Zaton.
As I've written previously, I don't have much time for Stalker or modding, but,
I know that these addons (Mutants/Anomalies) are pretty important and even 'core'-level essential, so, I continued working on them, in any spare time/minutes I could.
There was lots of potential still left, especially in the DynMutants addon.
- As you can see from this log, a substantial amount of work has been done.
For this update, it took an additional, really significant amount of effort to make all this a reality, (especially the first two main features), and also to write all this down, including reading and updating it at least 5-6 times.
--- So, read carefully. - I wrote all this FOR YOU, to have all the relevant info.
(Just as a REMINDER: - both Mutants addons, won't add mutants if current IDs utilized number is beyond 55k.
- This 'safeguard' was implemented in all versions, just in case some playstyles come close to the 65k IDs limit.
-- These two Mutants addons, if together, and both are set at their max settings, can utilize at times up to 4000 IDs, at most.
-- At default settings, around 1000 + 500(temporary), for both.)
- converted the stereo monster audio files into mono
330 files, that also needed commenting again, and, ofc, individual tests.
Took several hours to accomplish, as you can notice.
Should resolve the issue of positional audio, for those who encountered that.
- fixed the patch for Controller overhaul v1.1
And removed the "nerfed Controller" script.
(Those who want them dangerous as intended, probably don't need that)
Also did a quick "stress test":
- spawned every available mutant, 10 controllers, and 50 stalkers. No issues.
- No issues with "Warfare Alife overhaul 1.3.9" and "Soundscape Overhaul 3.0".
(Install "WAO" after this addon, and also after "Dynamic NOCTURNAL Mutants")
============ added TWO IMPORTANT FEATURES =============
-- will get depopulated after two days of no visit to any of them, (- and then upon traveling to a non-UG map, or sleeping)
( - ofc, the Slider setting has effect on these numbers also, -- '0-1200+' means '0-120%'.)
- NOTE: - these were already getting populated in previous versions, BUT, with the 'global' percentage (13%), and much less frequently, - which resulted in encountering less than 1/6th of the intended populations there.
- added probability for even a few STALKERS to be encountered down there, wherever they can enter
-- you are not the only one interested in loot,documents:
-- possible scenarios:
- some Bandits or Soldiers deep inside Agroprom_Underground
- Loners or Mercs, trying their luck at the Miracle Machine
- Loners, Freedom or Mercs, passing through Jupiter_Underground
- Soldiers in Dark Valley, X-18, (- up until the first locked door)
- few Monolithians in Radar, X-19 lab
-- let's say, you'll have to fight your way in and out of Scorcher
- no stalkers in Outskirts, X-8, (- the elevator is inactive)
- no stalkers in Monolith WarLab, Generators, (- the door is locked)
- NOTE: - only vanilla mutants in the UG maps, (- the additional mutants are suitable for aboveground locations mostly)
-- population (suitable): - rodents, zombies/fractures, bloodsuckers/lurkers, chimera/giant (in Jupiter_UG only, the large hall), an occasional Controller/Burer, maybe Corporeal Poltergeist.
-- no delay (in days) for the Bloodsuckers here; -- the 10 days for chimera/giant apply
NOTE2: - there is a variable 'ADD_STALKERS =' in the script, that can be set to false, to disable the addition of these few stalkers.
-- with mutants appropriate for those locations
NOTE: - these places/locations are very attractive for large and smaller mutants, and it is to be expected that they'll almost never be empty.
(- Take that as an important factor during your plannings, missions or exploration.)
As most of them are suitable for monster lairs, expect to see even several Chimeras or other large predators there.
-- they will get depopulated after two days of no visit to any of them, (- and then upon traveling to another map, or sleeping)
(- there is a chance that a large predator still alive at this moment, will be kept and "set free" to roam around in the nearby area.
-- this applies to: - Giants, Volk, Medved, Tark, Monster Boar, Vendigo)
- NOTE: - these locations were already getting populated previously, BUT, with a much lower percentage than needed, (- 1/10th, on average)
-- in the most extreme case with Zaton/Jupiter, - 0.13*0.12 = 1.56% - i.e. less than 2% of the intended population of mutants could have been there
-- Specific locations:
- Zaton: - iron forest (UnderGround), BS lair, Controller cave
- Jupiter: - Volkhov complex (UG), abandoned Factory
- Dead City: - abandoned school
- Army Warehouses: - BS village
- Truck Cemetery: - small forest in the middle
- Meadows: - abandoned factory, flooded building
- Radar: - north-east base
When entering a large, abandoned building, you are probably venturing into a monster's lair, so, taking precautions, (like a LMG), might be wise. -- Especially if you go there at night.
At a sunny day, the threat is present, but relatively minimal.
At night, don't be surprised to encounter even several chimeras in Jupiter factory, for example.
- It is their lair at that time.
Any shelter is highly attractive to many mutants, so, expect them to be occupied by different monsters within the next few days.
And also local stalkers, coming there for mutant trophies, documents, loot.
- added probability for a few STALKERS to be encountered in these locations
-- other stalkers are also interested to go there, for loot, documents, on a mission...
-- possible scenarios:
- Loners or Mercs in Zaton
- Loners, Mercs or Freedom dudes in Jupiter
- (maybe) a few Mercs or Bandits in Dead City school
- Duty or Freedom in BS village, AW
- (maybe) some Duty, Military or Monolith in the forest in TC
- Loners or Bandits in Meadows
- (maybe) some Monolithians in NE Radar
- stay far away from the forest in TC, especially at night
- after a few days in Zaton, BS or Lurkers will want to occupy the Controller's cave, even a Chimera
- Bloodsuckers in BS Village, and in BS lair, even more so at night
- any stalkers you meet, may be your friends or enemies, so, will help you or hinder you even more
- ... explore and see
-- delay (in days) for the (rare) Chimeras apply in these locations
---- The overall Alife numbers will be 30-55% higher at night here.
---- And an additional 20-35%, if the current weather is foggy/rainy/stormy
Some of the additional mutants/predators can show up, (in appropriate locations), ONLY those that are enabled.
One example: - possibility of a -- Chimera, Giant, Medved, Volk, Tark, Vendigo, Monster Boar -- in the Controller's cave in Zaton.
- It is an attractive lair location for any large mutant.
NOTE: - if some of the addit.mutants are disabled, you may yet see a Giant here.
- If the main checkbox is unselected, only Chimeras will be seen, in that instance.
The main goal with this elaborate feature was/is to create -- an inexhaustible source of very memorable, immersive, and greatly varied experiences, -- out of some very boring, empty locations. --- Locations that have lots of potential in them.
Playtesting strongly confirmed that I more than succeeded in this.
Even the very simple QS/QL before approaching a location, provided a plethora of very different experiences.
NOTE: - through careful coding and design, I made it rather easy to implement many additional 'scenarios', (in addition to those I already created), i.e. the 'contents' of Alife that can be encountered at these 10 specific_locations, and their numbers distribution, - all dependent on environmental factors. (- Time of day, local factions, varying numbers of mutants VS varying numbers of stalkers, politics, rain, fog, etc... )
- append_alife_table (RODENTS_prob, ZOMBIES_prob, FRACTURES_prob, BLOODSUCKERS_prob, LURKERS_prob, CHIMERA_prob, LONERS_prob, BANDITS_prob, MERCS_prob, FREEDOM_prob, DUTY_prob, ARMY_prob, MONOLITH_prob, ALIFE_MISC_prob )
-- each number, 0-100, determines how much that particular mutant/stalker will be considered for inclusion.
-- the last value is reserved for some MISC Alife. - Currently, the occasional Controller and Burer.
Current CODE SAMPLE, for populating dead_city_abandoned_school:
if (math.random(0,100) < 45) then
temp_table = append_alife_table (30, 18, 7, 35, 20, 0, 0, 25, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8 )
temp_table = append_alife_table (30, 15, 5, 20, 15, 0, 0, 0, 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 22 )
As one example,
- the Controller's cave in Zaton has five varying scenarios, including a high probability that, after the first two weeks, this cave can be a lair to some large mutants.
- Chimera(s), Giant, Medved, Monster Boar, Vendigo... Burer, Controller, other mutants.
Thus, it would be wise to be quiet when passing by that cave's entrance.
- You don't know what it has inside. And maybe you don't want to find out. Especially if it has a few Chimeras or Bloodsuckers, or a Medved, Vendigo.
Another example, truck_cemetery_forest has six scenarios, all with additionally varying numbers of stalkers and a Faction presence. (Duty/Army/Monolith)
As it can be seen, the potential is very high for many different scenarios and experiences.
- Even 20 of them, based on specific conditions, for each of the 10 specific_locations.
---- So, be creative, give good feedback/ideas, WITH GOOD ARGUMENTS, and I will probably implement them in some of the future updates of this addon.
(NOTE: - similarly applies for the Stalkers that can be seen in the UnderGround maps now.)
- the numbers of alife that will populate the UG maps and the SPECIFIC_LOCATIONS depends on the 'SLIDER' setting.
- example: - if it is set at 1000, you'll see approx. 100% of the 'default' intended alife numbers there.
- with 500, 50%, etc.
- with higher than 1000, more. (- It 'caps out' at 120%.)
- ofc, with setting at 0, this addon is effectively disabled.
NOTE that these numbers are additionally varied by 55%-110%.
I recommend Slider setting between 1400-1700.
-- Should provide an environment/experience very close to what one would expect from a place like the Zone.
Quiet,peaceful, where it needs to be. - Dangerous,hectic where it needs to be. - And everything else in-between, where it needs to be.
NOTE2: - This (Slider/Percentage) 'factor' can be modified in the script, if needed. (- example: 'PERCENTAGE_TO_SPAWN_UG_MUTANTS_factor')
- Whatever value you see there, (ex: 0.06), it corresponds to approx.100% (of the intended) presence in the UG maps.
This way, it will provide a 'lighter' experience, with lowered settings of the SLIDER.
---- NOTE that, (for increased immersion), the actual numbers will vary, from 55% to 110% of this.
-- and for the SPECIFIC_LOCATIONS it will get even higher if it is night, and higher still if it is foggy/rainy/cloudy...)
-- Example: - Bloodsuckers in BS village, can be, from as very low as 3-4, on some days, to as high as 15+, in some cloudy nights.
--- the numbers of accompanying stalkers there will also vary, so, who will 'prevail' varies greatly: - the mutants, the stalkers, or someone else...
Both of these features, (separately), will get re-'set', after two days of no visit to any of their maps/locations, and then upon travel to another map, or sleeping.
Expectedly, the contents and numbers of Alife (mutants/stalkers) encountered there will vary greatly and immersively with each subesequent visit.
-- NOTE, just FYI: - the (7) UG maps get, temporarily, populated by around 200-300 Alife numbers, on average.
-- this number is not added to the MAX_NUMBERS_LIMIT value.
I did a lot of testing, balancing, tuning - on the Alife numbers, their contents, positions. -- Day, night, sunny, cloudy...
- And ways to increase variety in each of these, with the endgoal - max immersion.
NOTE that BS/lurkers like to have their lairs in large,abandoned buildings.
-- So, for example, encountering even up to 8-12 of them in Jupiter_Factory and Zaton_Iron_Forest_UG, is something one would expect.
- With an occasional Chimera, two or even more.
Some more data for a potential fine-tuning is best revealed through a lengthy playthrough.
--- Useful, specific feedback related to this, will be taken into consideration within the following months. ---
-- specific details of an occurence, with GOOD arguments on why it should be changed, and to what - is useful.
-- feedback in the form of a question, or "you made a mistake here because my opinion is factually correct...", or based on a "feeling","kinda"... - is of very little help.
--- Example of useful feedback: - "decrease Lurkers numbers in Jupiter_Factory by 20% at day, because --good arguments--."
AS ALWAYS, the ENDGOAL IS MAX IMMERSION. - Also, GREAT VARIETY and MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES.
(- This addon can provide from a few mutants, to 20 thousand and more. - That is not an issue at all.)
An extreme example: - I can place Vendigos everywhere in the Zone, (and also make them extremely deadly),
- but, this goes very far from the ENDGOAL, which is of the highest priority for this very addon.
Some areas should be more deserted, quiet. - Others, more active.
-- All depends on the environment and the behavior of life forms, (humans,mutants), in the vicinity of that area.
In short, with everything coded in and designed as is for the two features alone, - the resultant variety is very high.
- Actually, even going 50 times to these 10 specific_locations and the 7 UG maps, every time it will be very different.
-- Example: - in the Brain Scorcher, you'll never know what's waiting for you there, no matter how many times you enter.
( Differences in: - Alife contents and combinations, numbers distribution, overall numbers... )
For example, the Stalkers that you may encounter in the UG and SPEC_LOCATIONS, may be:
- rookies/experienced, coming there for loot or exploring.
- veterans/heavies, on a mission.
The latter will fare better if there are mutants nearby them, or with or against you, also.
In the same situation with rookies, more mutants will be left roaming, and more dead rookies lying around.
Meeting heavy friendlies where there are many mutants, will be a good thing, for you.
With adding a few more scenarios, in addition to the existing ones, the variety will hold indefinitely.
This is not an exaggeration.
- You'll start making a serious effort to go around the BS village, TC forest, and to be quiet when close to the cave in Zaton.
- acquiring the secret weapon for Rogue... will probably take a LMG, especially at night.
- Jupiter/Meadows factories are very attractive to large mutants.
- and much more.
- explore every underground lab and location, several times. - Visit Generators and its UG.
- and, of course, be wary and cautious when in any aboveground map.
Elevated positions, and in/on/underneath a bus/truck -- are a very wise choice. Wherever available.
- up to the 10th day in the Zone, there are no large predators. (- mid-tier, at some locations)
- after the 15th day, you'll get to meet every single one of them.
- travel, explore, and keep a good weapon(s) at hand, at all times.
Slider setting of 1000, results in close to the 'default' intended experience in all locations.
- Higher than 1000, more dangerous, more immersive.
- Lower than 1000, 'lighter' experience.
NOTE - that in UG maps, and at the 10 specific_locations, - the Alife contents and their numbers will further vary greatly, (55-170%), each time they are visited.
- Dependent even on the weather and time of day.
Example/suggestion: - on cloudy/stormy nights, don't go far from the base.
============ other additions, changes, improvements ============
- model/textures by Greshnik13rs
-- I added more than 80 different sounds for them, and a new, balanced configs-profile
-- commented volume, distances, type...
- slight contrast increase, desaturation on the textures
- Chimera-level toughness, a bit higher damage caused, much larger in size.
-- having three eyes, it can see a bit farther and better than a Chimera also.
- NOTE/CAUTION: - this is now the most dangerous mutant in the Zone. - Large, fast, powerful.
-- will only show up after the first 10 days have passed.
- model/textures by Greshnik13rs
-- hostile only to/from Tushkanos and Rats, (- same as the German Shepherd)
- AI upscaled/sharpened the textures. - darken, desat. - Made its eyes slightly yellow-ish.
- to make the areas feel more "lived in" and rural
- model/textures by strelok7171
-- seeing or hearing a Chicken - is the single most impactful thing that conveys a rural environment.
- which most areas in Stalker are.
-- similarly impactful is the sight of fleeing rats in a long-abandoned building
(- I also added a bit more rats in appropriate areas, (for this effect), - Will mostly run panicked, and very rarely will attack humans.)
-- neutral toward everything, - found in small human settlements, (no large bases, ofc).
(- suitable locations: - Jupiter, Yantar, Truck Cemetery, Garbage, Dark Valley, Meadows, Swamps, Cordon )
-- I added 28 different 'idle' sounds for them. - Should be unobtrusive, 60% volume.
- AI sharpened the textures, slight contrast increase.
IF, for any reason, you don't want them, set "PERCENTAGE_TO_SPAWN_CHICKEN" to 0 in the script.
- Atm, they drop Flesh mutant parts, (if you need some food).
NOTE for those creative among you:
- if you are skilled enough, create additional,modified versions of the model, and also different textures.
- create chicken parts: - chicken breast, eggs... with their own models, icons, descriptions, nutrients-data.
--- If it is done well, I can integrate them in the code, and give credit for the effort, ofc.
Seeing 5-6 different-looking Chickens would be optimal.
-- the number of additional mutants is now rather substantial, and the mutants themselves range from: - benevolent, to interesting, all the way to very dangerous ones.
-- this will allow for tailoring of the experience to different styles/preferences, and to the desired level of serenity vs danger.
Example1: - selecting MEDVED,SHEPHERD,FOX,BIRDS - will result in a more pleasant and realistic experience.
Example2: - selecting the VOLK,TARK,MEDVED,BOAR,VENDIGO - will result in a very dangerous Zone, without any reprieve. - Especially after the first two weeks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: - the mutants that remain unselected here, won't be added in the next 'wave', and the currently existing instances of those particular mutants (all throughout the Zone), will be removed upon disabling them in the SETTINGS.
A REMINDER: - the MONSTER BOAR is balanced to be approx. co-equal in health/endurance to the GIANT.
-- they are both of similar size and thickness of skin.
-- they will take a similar amount of punishment/firepower to take down.
These two are the most 'durable' mutants in the Zone.
Most dangerous now is the Vendigo, followed closely by the black Chimera.
Their jump-atracks are devastating.
Facing a Vendigo out in the open is challenging on its own.
- If merely a Tushkano or a Dog joins in, your chances go way down still.
Fortunately, you can hear them from afar.
In short, you are not "on top of the food chain" any more, you are small prey for many large predators, and there are now two mutants (Giant AND the Monster Boar) that can take some heavy punishment.
The "Jumping Giant" arrived, and, although not as tanky as the regular one, it is much more agile and more difficult to escape from.
- In fact, it is even sure to get you if you run away in a straight line. Higher attack range and pounce.
- model/textures by 3vTiger
(- it is very difficult to distinguish the different level Bloodsuckers, otherwise.)
- model/textures by Greshnik13rs
-- AI sharpened the textures, increased contrast, darkened
- model/textures by 3vTiger
- models/textures by Tixonics
- model/textures by 3vTiger
- AI upscaled/sharpened the textures of all the above.
- Some contrast increase, darken, desat. (- Were looking very 'dated' otherwise)
- with more light hair, and a bit more demonic-looking.
- (in total, more than 120), for the CHIMERA, LURKER, VOLK, MEDVED, TARK.
(- Yes, this includes 'commenting' them for distances,volume,type, etc.
-- And this, on its own, is very time-consuming also, in effort, editing, and iterative fine-tuning...)
- around 20 for the Chimera jumps; -- also attacks, growls, idle, distant_idle, pain sounds.
- somewhat decreased the intervals between their idle_sounds
Now, if you hear some growls, there is a predator nearby.
Tread lightly, and away from the sounds. -- Unless you hunt.
(There are no 'fake' sounds. If you hear something, it is danger.)
- AI upscaled/sharpened, darkened, increased contrast - on the textures. Looks good now.
CAUTION: - this one might be very dangerous
- if it comes within range, it will jump at you, with a powerful hit with its hands/legs
They are more agile than the larger Giants, and are devastating at greater distances.
- Now, it looks good,(see screenshots/videos), and, with its own unique attacks, it poses a different type of danger - thus, more than worthy to be included.
- inverted the texture colors, AI upscaled/sharpened, darkened, increased contrast
- it has a melee attack, and moves pretty fast
- main/only weaknesses: melee-range, head
- very creepy, especially in underground locations or at night
- it can be a challenging encounter, and it makes a unique sound when is nearby
- can drop some low cost "junk" artifacts
-- their attacks are negligible otherwise.
-- i.e. at the moment of their death, the regular Poltergeists revert to their corporeal form
(- it was like this in SHoC)
-- can be looted, low value artifacts
This option, expectedly, necessitates the added "Corporeal Poltergeist" model, which on its own needs the main checkbox, ("Include the additional mutants"), to be enabled.
- Swamps/Zaton should now get 10-15 per 'wave'.
-- also made the three different variations have different movement speeds.
- Will be at most around 120 total. In all aboveground maps.
(- approx. 90, 95, 80)
-- Shepherds, they should be up to 1-2 in a small settlement, 3-5 in a base
-- Chickens, wherever suitable, (in 8 maps), should be a bit more numerable than Shepherds
-- Foxes roam in the wild, approx. 3-5 per (larger) map
- NOTE/CAUTION: - there is a PENALTY, in roubles, if you kill 'AMBIENTAL FAUNA', (German Shepherd, Fox, Chicken)
- you do have the option to enable/disable them
- if you DO have them ENABLED, there is a penalty for killing them
- you are allowed one 'accidental' kill after a "one day period" in the Zone
- for more than that, it will result in 1% (incrementally) of your roubles be taken away per one kill
- beyond five 'penalty kills', you lose more. - 10%, 15%, 20%...
A message will be seen, when you've lost roubles, and how much.
In short, (for example), if at day 1, you kill 3 of them, you get a penalty, consecutively, 1%, 2%, 3% of your roubles.
If you go on a "killing spree", i.e. beyond 5, you get penalty of added 5% per each of these ambiental_fauna
--- So, TREAT THEM AS FRIENDLY -- or -- DISABLE THEM ALTOGETHER.
- They will now start appearing only after the first 2-3 days.
-- You WILL see them in UG maps and SPEC_LOCATIONS (BS lair/village, TC forest,etc..) from the start, though.
-- NOTE: - all the toughest mutants already have a delay of 10 days.
-- 10th to 15th day, they will show up with half of the probability
-- after the 15th day, with their intended probability/numbers
( - Giant, Chimera, dark Medved, the two largest Volks, some more Monster Boars, and now the Vendigo. )
-- 0-9m distance from Player, they are visible; -- 9-19m, partially visible; -- 19-28m, invisible.
-- they are also approx. 10% faster now.
-- left it as OPTIONAL to make their attacks/roars silent. (- recommended, for max immersion)
-- on the other hand, if anyone wants a more monstrous-sounding BS roars, I can recommend this addon: -- Moddb.com --
- Tark, Monster Boar, Volk.
-- and also for the Chimera, (otherwise, it very noticeably 'glides' when walking forward)
- on their HealthBar, among other.
- parts looted:
-- german shepherd, fox: - dog parts
-- piranha, chicken: - flesh (meat only, 1-2)
-- monster boar: - boar (more meat, up to 6 pieces; - 2x more tusks, - 2x more hides)
-- volk, tark, medved, vendigo: - chimera parts, (no hide)
-- corporeal Poltergeist: - low-cost "junk" artifacts
IMPORTANT NOTE: - adding custom mutant parts clearly goes beyond "the law of diminishing returns", i.e. way too many cons VS pros.
But, if someone still wants to create custom mutant parts, I will give credits.
- That would necessitate: - 3D models, icons, descriptions, nutrients-data, cooking,recipes... and, ofc, modifying relevant Anomaly files.
- added comments in the sound files that were missing them
- added entries in the PREFETCH file for the additional mutants, for optimal performance
- I 'compacted' the textures, sounds, meshes into .DB files. -- Three files instead of ~550. In half the filesize also.
- left the scripts, configs, xmls, 'loose'. -- They are few, and very low in size.
-- Imgur.com --
-- Imgur.com (Chicken,Rat) --
-- Imgur.com (Zombies) --
-- Imgur.com (Jumping Giant) Imgur.com --
-- Imgur.com (2nd Monster Boar) --
-- Imgur.com (Corporeal Poltergeist)
-- Youtu.be (the Poltergeist in SHoC)
Up until this point, for this addon, I have done a LOT of performance testing/benchmarks/optimizations for all maps. - SEVERAL TIMES - Which is an exhausting process if done even once, to say the least.
Did all tests on Slider setting of 1500, (and with that many mutants present), at all times. - And on a i5 CPU, which is more-or-less the average power of CPUs running Anomaly.
- The main bottleneck remains the ONE CORE utilization. Which affects ALL current CPUs. - Unless you have a 10GHz one, :-)
I even went, several times, through the key-points of "Living Legend" and "Mortal Sin", to ensure that it all works well.
( - With "Mutant pop.factor" of 0.75, "Stalkers pop.factor" of 0.5. -- And 1500 Slider setting. )
IF there are still any potential performance issues on some of the aboveground maps, post feedback with some SPECIFIC and ACCURATE DATA, and I can decrease the mutant_numbers on that map appropriately, IF NEEDED.
- "Warfare Alife Overhaul" (the latest version) has a built-in compatibility with:
-- "Dynamic Mutants" v1.4, "Dynamic NOCTURNAL Mutants" v1.3, "TELEPORT Anomalies" v1.25, "Remove Select Vanilla Mutants" v1.1.
(-- Also, these four addons are compatible with each other. - You can safely overwrite any shared files.
NOTE: - install "WAO" last.
- added a patch for "Soundscape Overhaul v3.0", (- "m_.ltx" files)
- added a patch for Arszy's "Controller Overhaul v1.1", (- "game_relations.ltx")
- I made improvements in the accuracy of how the code keeps track of existing mutants.
Initially, it will ignore the already spawned mutants all thr. the Zone, and that is why a lower value is preferable, for those mutant numbers to decrease on their own.
After that, set it at 1000, or by preference.
- May have some performance issues, otherwise, at most.
NOTE: - individually disabling the additional mutants in SETTINGS, may hasten this "process of acclimation".
(- Will remove all those existing ones immediately, everywhere; --- Re-enable them, after a few days.)
If you want to avoid danger/trouble, stay far away from the small forest in Truck Cemetery, and other locations like that which you'll get to learn.
- And you should also pay great attention to being quiet and unseen, and to the value of using suppressors.
Otherwise, you'll constantly attract every predator within 300-400 meter radius.
On the other hand, if you deliberately seek trouble, the TC forest is one of the places where you'll certainly find it, especially in bad weather or at nght.
In addition, forego suppressors entirely, and seek locations where humans are sparsely found.
You'll find plenty of sharp teeth and claws in this way.
In short, these both Mutants addons, each on their own, are created to offer GREAT, VARIED, MEMORABLE STALKER experiences, indefinitely.
Experiences like the ones you can read about in some great Stalker stories.
- You'll now even have the 'material' to write such stories on your own.
P.S. - if the APPEARANCE of the (vanilla) MUTANTS is important, then this is probably a 'must have':
-- Moddb.com -- (- "6K ANOMALY MUTANT TEXTURES")
It brings their texture quality to their absolute best possible, (with a pretty low 'hit' on FPS).
Time is precious, it really is, and with finishing up the Mutants/Anomalies addons, I will focus on other IRL things now.
- And if I sometime find an hour or two to venture in the Zone, I want to fully enjoy that, and not to think about coding,math, variables,functions, models,sounds,textures, distances,IDs...
-- To just enjoy it.
At most, I can check back the comment section in a few months, about any useful feedback.
Enjoy, fellow stalkers. -- You have many more things to enjoy now. Explore the Zone.
----------------- follows older description text ---------------
TO BE CLEAR, this addon works IN ADDITION, and functions TOTALLY SEPARATELY, from the 'spawn system' in Anomaly itself.
IN SHORT, it makes sure for appropriate mutants to be present wherever needed, at (mostly) all times.
( - Example: passing through the same areas, after several days, will always be different and populated.)
( - Among other: Jupiter_UG, Meadows, Darkscape, Generators (and UG), Monolith_WarLab... everywhere, except CNPP_UG)
( - Bloodsuckers in 'BS village', Zombies in Limansk, etc..)
( - Even going ten times in the underground labs, they will always be populated; - additional tasks can be written to utilize this potential.)
----- ENDGOAL: max immersive and enhanced gameplay. -- The Zone, in all its splendor. -----
All decisions are made with this endgoal in mind.
After enjoying Anomaly for a while, it 'seeps' into memory on what to expect at every location.
And there are many, many locations that are always 'empty', even though they are suitable for a particular 'dweller'.
- That 'high level of predictabilty' ends here.
(- One example: - when going into BrainScorcher lab, there will be many mutants there that will draw all the Monolith troops out of their 'entrenched' positions, (waiting for you). - Making them differently positioned every time.)
Use the slider in SETTINGS - ZONE - GENERAL, and enable/disable the appearance of the additional mutants.
Setting it at 0, effectively disables the addon, and no mutants will be added.
NOTE: mutants won't be 'curteous' and wait for you to come to them, or to wait for you to 'sleep' in an area where they can enter.
- They are free and not confined to a small area.
- added OPTIONAL - "Monster Boar"
- kept it as optional, because it is slightly debatable on whether it really fits into the Stalker world.
- At the same time, the effort that went into creating this model is pretty impressive.
(- I, personally, would want to see it in-game. - As a rare, nightmarish, tough monster.)
- re-balanced the configs to make it (appropriately) tough, Giant-level.
-- it is still a boar, (thus, not very efficient in its attacks), but it is highly resistant, and if it gets close, 1-2 hits, and you are done.
- AI upscaled/sharpened the textures. - Slight contrast increase.
-- NOTE: set the 'Texture Quality' at max for best results.'
(-- Included the original textures as optional.)
- changed the eye. Original was white. (- Included an OPTIONAL, to change it back.)
- patch for 'Soundscape Overhaul 3.0' available.
- it is a dangerous and tough hunt. A very big, solitary animal.
-- will show up rarely. - After 2-3 weeks, a bit more frequently, but still rare.
-- now, it can join the VOLK 'Top Dog', and the 'Grizzly' MEDVED as the three (probably) toughest mutants.
- NOTE/CAUTION: - when they die off, their legs remain 'stiff'.
Screenshots/videos: -- Imgur.com --
I am done with modding for the time being. -- A year or more.
This last bit of effort I deem very necessary, because this model from 'Greshnik13rs' deserves to be kept 'alive', and enjoyed, appreciated... in the years to come.
--- Enjoy fully. ---
- Potentially, create some "Tough Mutant Hunt"-tasks for these three big mutants.
( -- "mwolf_top_dog", "medved_dark", "boar_big_monster" -- )
- added OPTIONAL - "patch for SOUNDSCAPE OVERHAUL 3.0".
(- Had 6 conflicting creature files, incl. the OPTIONAL for 'Bloodsuckers CAMOUFLAGE Predator')
(- VOLK,MEDVED,TARK - kept their distant,idle sounds.)
NOTE: the same patch is available in and applicable to 'Dynamic Mutants, Dynamic NOCTURNAL Mutants'.
REMINDER: - if you have the "ADDITIONAL MUTANTS" disabled -- before loading a savegame for the first time with this addon
--, or -- before starting a New_game --, and is kept disabled - you won't see them anywhere.
- In that case, this addon can be removed with ease at any moment.
For the extreme test:
- I slept up to the 17th day, (necessary, for all mutants to show up), and spawned 25k mutants.
- then saved, exited Anomaly, removed the whole 'GAMEDATA' folder.
- loaded the savegame, and continued fine.
In short, having the "Anomaly-only mutants" experience - is an option.
- set Anomaly's "Mutant Population Factor" at 0.25.
- set 'DynMutants' slider at 1500 or higher.
- enable the additonal mutants.
This results in the most varied and most complete experience, with appropriate mutants inhabiting the land, sky and water sites.
After the first 10-15 days, you'll get to see ALL the mutants available, including:
- giants, chimeras (alone or with lurkers)
- (if enabled), the two biggest VOLKS, and the darker MEDVED, (the grizzly-looking one)
I did A LOT of things, (hundreds,thousands), necessary for this addon to exist and to offer the experience that would've remained only a dream/wish otherwise.
So, choose the experience that is best suited for you, and fully enjoy what this addon has to offer.
- modified the distribution and numbers of BIRDS
-- Also note that they get killed off periodically, during an emission
- added the "Black Chimera" among the higher-tier mutants, (only after the first 10 days have passed)
-- and 'nerfed' it a bit
(More technical data, for those who want/need it:
-- "chimera_strong4", -- fire_wound_immunity = 0.3, (default was 0.2; regular chimera has it at 0.5)
-- this is the amount of damage it takes from bullets)
- added an OPTIONAL, the changes for the BLOODSUCKERS from the addon "BLOODSUCKERS CAMOUFLAGE PREDATORS".
-- including its own OPTIONAL - 'Silent Bloodsucker'
(- you can read more here: -- Moddb.com -- )
- decreased a bit the numbers of the higher-tier mutants, and of the birds
- increased the probabiility for Chimera/Giant' appearance, after the 10th day, (still much lower than as for the other mutants)
- further improved the texture on the dark Tark
- made the Lurkers tougher. - A bit closer to a chimera. Not too close.
(-- They are laughably fragile otherwise. More annoying than dangerous. - That ends now.)
Point of reference:
- it takes 11-12x AK104 rounds to down a Lurker now, - 15-16x for a chimera.
- changed contrast/saturation on their textures.
-- as a result, their appearance and their toughness will be more impactful.
- also made the TARK, MEDVED, VOLK - a bit tougher.
Reminder: - only after a week or two has passed, these mutants will show up: - Chimera, Giant, VOLK 'Top Dog', MEDVED Dark.
( The last one here is the VOLK 'Top Dog', appropriately tough: -- Imgur.com -- )
( MEDVED Dark, formidable: -- I.imgur.com -- )
- added mutant 'MEDVED' (bear), on par with a chimera.
-- made two color/size/level variations, (from the original model)
-- AI upscaled/sharpened the textures
- added mutant 'TARK' (mutated horse), on par with the VOLK.
-- two color/size/level variations
-- AI upscaled/sharpened the textures
- added mutant 'PIRANHA' (mutated Catfish), on par with a pseudodog.
-- three color/size/level variations
-- inhabits marshes, shallow ponds/lakes
--- 343 carefully selected positions for them
- in short, water sites are a bit more dangerous now
- replaced the CROW with a higher quality mesh/texture by One_Shot
-- made four color/size variations, - dark, grey, white.. even up to twice as large
--- expect to see more birds in the sky.
- Hearing them cawing, seeing them and even their shadows on the ground... adds much to the ambience.
- updated the translation text for the in-game settings
- 'ui_options.script' remains the same in this update
- should work fine if overwritten over the last version, and on an existing save
Some screenshots: -- Imgur.com --
NOTE: all the non-Anomaly mutants can be easily disabled in the in-game SETTINGS.
Some more polishing and fine-tuning of mutants' presence/toughness/damage is possible.
Examples of useful and specific FEEDBACK:
- "decrease BIRDS/PIRANHA numbers by 20%", because --argument/reason--.
- "increase MEDVED numbers/presence and damage by 30%", because --argument/reason--.
As always, this addon's' ENDGOAL has the highest priority in all decisions.
Personally, I really like how the MEDVED, PIRANHA, BIRDS, VOLK... fit in the Zone.
At most, I have some slight doubts about the TARK.
For any issues/suggestions, post in the comment section. - Will check it out when I have the time for it. (Might be a while).
- german shepherd models, now only includes five 80-110% sizes, (default, colorful, lighter, darker, ashen)
-- NOTE: to conserve on filesize, ONLY THEIR textures are included. - The bigger, remaining shepherds in a previous savegame will look blue as a result. (Unless you simply overwrite the previous update of this addon.)
- resolved the garbled rus text
- removed the possibility of getting attacked by a rodent at New_game start in Cordon
- made the addon more 'resilient'.
(-- if the 'ui_options.script' gets overwritten or is missing (as in U4H8), it will simply load the default relevant values)
- added a tame dog, German Shepherd, at human settlements, strongholds, bases... -- can show up at one of 243 carefully selected ("custom") positions
--- several variations in size and color
-- with the current percentages, you are bound to see one within a week or so. -- Sooner, if you travel.
--- reference point for balancing the numbers: on the 15th day, every location should have the appropriate population
---- this took much more effort than anticipated, but, it is worth it. - We now have friendly faces where we need them most.
- added additional info on pressing NUMPAD_DIVIDE that shows the current MUTANT_NUMBERS from Anomaly itself.
(- The current MUTANT NUMBERS solely from this addon - are already shown.)
This will provide some more insight in the inner workings of Anomaly. -- And will also clearly show that this addon and Anomaly function separately, each toward its own goal.
NOTE/CAUTION: - will take approx. 2 seconds to process and acquire this info.
Just FYI, this addon can be safely removed AFTER its counter of mutant_numbers gets to 0, meaning there are also no more of the VOLK and GERMAN SHEPHERD in the Zone.
Also reminder, setting the slider at 0, effectively disables this addon.
- You choose how many of the dynamic_mutants you want. Can be changed at any time.
Setting Anomaly's 'Mutant Pop.Factor' to a low value and this addon's to a high number_limit - is an option.
NOTE: 'Teleport Anomalies', 'Dynamic Mutants', 'Dynamic NOCTURNAL Mutants', 'Dynamic Objects' - are all compatible with each other.
- You can safely overwrite any shared files.
~5100 carefully selected ("custom") positions for appropriate mutants. + 243 for the shepherd.
Intended 'roles' for the mutants, (included with this addon):
- herbivores, (Flesh/Boar) -- background fauna, seen on grasslands, and for hunting/food
- rodents -- rats flee, tushkanos may attack -- small BKG fauna
- zombies/Fractures -- resembling deformed humans, thus, 'creepy' Zone dwellers, (low danger level)
- Bloodsuckers,Lurkers -- anxiety-inducing, scary, (medium danger level)
- Chimera/Giant - a bit like 'guardians', (higher danger level; require some preparations) -- can show up after 10th day
NOTE: Snorks, Burers, Controllers, Geists, Karlik, dogs, cats - are excluded from this addon.
- Anomaly itself already will already provide more than enough of these mutants, AND they are also not 'suitable' for the purposes of this addon.
- this addon adds appropriate mutants throughout the Zone, every few days, in all maps, (mostly in 'empty' areas, and only every 3rd 'wave' in the UnderGround maps)
- the MAX NUMBERS of mutants that can be had (with this addon) is practically without a limit. (I.e. even 100k+ of mutants... -- there is no potential 'lack' of mutant numbers with this addon)
- added a 'delay' for the Chimera/Giant; won't show up within at least the first 10 days
- ID_limit, (just in case); - won't add new mutants if ID is above 55.000
Some notables about custom mutant positions in the maps,
( -- except CNPP_UG; - no space enough and not needed): -
( - herbivores,rodents on the outskirts/grasslands, some BS (also in middle forest), chimera/giant (also by the big Helis), zombies in outskirts/middle...)
Underground Labs, (DV, Outskirts, Agro, Radar, Yantar)
( - rodents, some zombies, few Bloodsuckers)
( - also, a Chimera/Giant in the large hall)
( By the time you pass through here with Rogue, it will be quite an adventure)
( - Bloodsuckers in BS village, among other... chimera/giant on road to Radar)
( - Bloodsuckers in Iron_Forest_UG and in Antenna_Complex_UG, herbivores on the outskirts... )
( - it is an abandoned city, so, Zombies are expected, few BS...)
CNPP - N/S
( - have very wide grasslands, perfect for Herbivores; -- also, a few Chimera/Giant, BS, rodents... NO zombies here)
( - Herbivores in the outskirts,grasslands, a few: zombies, BS, chimera/giant; - zombies in the buildings and the School)
( - similar to Dead City, + zombies coming from the underground)
( - it is the Zone's unofficial "Zombieland"; -- no chimera/giant here)
( - on high outskirts/grass/hills and the west areas: herbivores, zombies, few BS; - zombies from MM and DC entrance)
( - ...is ... appropriatelly wild. - no chimera/giant; -- also some zombies/herbivores coming from Yantar)
( - mostly herbivores/rodents on the outskirts,grassland,west, very few BS, zombies near cemetery)
( - Herbivores/Rodents on grass and streets, (-"abandoned city"), few BS, Zombies in buildings)
Also: - Radar, Red Forest, Hospital, Jupiter, Rostok, Garbage, Generators (and UG and Monolith_WarLab, - no Chimera/Giant here), Pripyat.
- Underground maps are populated at the initial start, and after that, on every 3rd 'wave'.
NOTE: some times, the first metal door in Radar_underground (Scorcher), can't be opened, (obstructed by a body).
- Quickload resolves the issue.