The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.
NEW UPDATE! VERSION 2.1. PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION!
This pack replaces various effects such as explosions, fire, anomalies, muzzleflashes and etc with custom high-resolution effects, taken mostly from free Unreal Engine marketplace assets and vfx production websites. Some textures reach up to 4k in resolution, with 2k resolution being very common, so a beefy pc is required to run this.
This is a version 2.1. It's been tested on Anomaly 1.5.1 but must work on legacy versions. I've also included out-of-the-box compatibility with Provak's weapon pack, so it should also work with BaS, CW weapon pack, and Provak's.
Regardless feel free to make your own compatibility patches, don't need to ask my permission.
INSTALLATION: put "gamedata" folder into the root directory, overwrite any files.
You can safely INSTALL THIS ON TOP OF OTHER PARTICLE EFFECT ADDONS, it will work fine.
IMPORTANT TO READ IF YOURE INSTALLING THE 2.1 VERSION:
The particle effects are incredibly demanding for the X-ray engine, so I decided to include here some ways how you can optimize your framerate and play comfortably. If you want to ensure good fps, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Advanced Video settings and reduce Static Object and Dynamic Object draw distance to around 60-70% of the maximum. The engine treats particle effects as dynamic objects so it renders them even if you're on the opposite end of the map, unable to see them.
2. Download this custom file Drive.google.com and install it into your root anomaly directory. What this thing does is it removes all fragmentation rounds spawned by explosives. That yields a massive FPS increase, and it does not at all affect gameplay negatively. To clarify, all explosives in stalker deal 2 types of damage - blast radius and fragmentation rounds that are spawned and flown in every direction. Well, I've been playing Stalker since 2007 and I have never seen anyone actually get killed by such a frag round, so install this safely for free fps and no impact on balance.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE REQUESTED A VERSION WITH INVISIBLE ANOMALIES - The patch that makes anomalies much harder to notice is now included into the base archive.
VERSION 2.0 Changelog:
1. Revamped Explosion effects.
2. Fixed red mist over acid pools.
3. Removed psy fields effect - it's just a low quality distortion shader that was nothing but an annoyance.
3. Cleaned up effects marked as disabled which seemingly optimized the pack a little.
4. Reduced dust from the carousel anomalies.
VERSION 2.1 Changelog:
1. Water splashes now have correct orientation.
2. Added lots of dust to explosions.
3. Cut explosion resolution in half due to most of it being occluded by dust anyway.
4. Fixed particle flicker. However don't rejoice as apparently there were 2 bugs in one. The particles would flicker AND they would z-fight. Now they just z-fight. It's still much easier on the eyes though. Like I stated it's an engine bug and the Anomaly devs would have to fix it themselves.
5. Restored burner sparks for non-deadly-anomalies version.
6. Reworked handgrenade explosions. Handgrenade explosions no longer produce fireballs.
Version 2.1 Hotfix 1 Changelog:
1. Applied all the new effects to IEDs and exploding helicopters.
2. Toned down explosion dust.
3. Fixed campfire flickering. (The number one particle effect in stalker and I forgot to fix it?)
4. Removed "miniature flamethrower" muzzleflash in BaS.
Version 2.1 Hotfix 2 Changelog:
1. Further diminished dust effects, should look best now.