Changes AI behavior. Read description. Read description.
- With this I want to change some aspects of how combat and pre-combat is approached by the AI. This is my take on it and I hope I can give it a complete overhaul in the end.
- AI stupidity:
- Did you ever wonder why a single bandit thinks he can take on a geared squad of Duty guys? And this problem persists across the board. The "Shoot on sight" mentality of the NPC's is a real problem and actually immersion breaking, at least for me.
Contents (aka what):
- NPC's are more aware of their situation and will analyze thair situation first before taking action.
- If NPC's see a disadvantage, like overwhelming enemy numbers, they will try to avoid combat.
- NPC's will set up ambushes on unaware targets
- The pron:
- Freedom avoids combat with a squad of Duty:
- Freedom vs Duty ambush:
- Bandit taking cover and then decides to attack
- Bandit avoiding combat:
- NPC's are given a short time memory about nearby allies and enemies
- NPC's are non hostile by standard and become hostile depending on:
- Size of allies around, includes squad and nearby allied squads
- Size of enemy squad
- (for the future) Gear and enemy gear (armor, weapons)
- Faction vs faction defined coefficient (wuut_ai.ltx). As an example, Bandits are likely attack when they are higher in numbers. Monoliths are attacking even if they are lower in numbers. (Lorefriendly?! you tell me)
- START A NEW GAME
- Zombified stalkers are out of the equation as for now. If you see them wandering around, don't mind them.
- Don't use my addon "Anomaly Loot Claim" with this addon together as it has some negative effects. Will provide a patch later.
- THIS IS A WIP. Don't expect wonders or wizardry right from the get go.
- I need feedback, if I don't get feedback, I can't improve this addon. Very simple.
- AI States do not persist trough saves (YET). When you reload AI looses focus.