The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.
AI upscale of the original Anomaly Weapons textures. - much more details, clean, sharp; - decreased blurriness/pixelation. -- UPDATED, with additional, thorough attempt to drastically improve the focus and restore as much details as possible. ------- READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. --------
- This addon installs .DB files in the 'Anomaly\db\mods' folder. This works well for 1.5 Final and the current Betas, (RC15+).
For Update4Hotfix8, move those .DB files, to be in the folder 'Anomaly\db\addons'.
This is a part of the 'FIVE-PART' upscaled textures for Anomaly: SKY,WEAPONS,WORLD,MUTANTS,STALKERS.
( I am putting this as a clear info for those who are concerned about missing out anything important. )
A very small patch: -- further improves the 'Karabiner K98, i.e. Kar98k'
- AI sharpen/focus pass, for an even higher quality, and improved focus, in order to further 'restore' any and all details, scratches, markings
- further decreased any unwanted noise; -- and added a tiny amount of 'grain', for a bit more natural look
- removed the 'green-ish tinge' from the original MP133 texture
- improved the 'Karabiner K98'. (Examples: -- Imgur.com --)
- added mipmaps
(The AI processing of the textures took 10-11 hours; --- Getting to the optimal parameters (for 9 available; through trial&error) to supply the AI took about the same time. --- Comparing every single texture for quality improvements, some further edits, and later visually checking every weapon in-game took another 12 hrs. ---- All in all, ~22 hours of effort from me, and 11 from my system, to make this update.)
Needless to say, the existence of this addon is a thorough attempt to bring the appearance of the 'Anomaly weapons' to their maximum best possible.
- Very significant visual improvements of all weapons, attachments, scopes/sights...
- Pretty low performance impact.
- Quality/performance tested on: 20GB RAM, 4GB VRAM, 42inch LCD TV, 1920x1080.
'Scratches, grain, dirt, weathered' - are an essential part of Stalker's aesthetics.
So, blurriness/pixelation - out; --- 'clear scratches/markings on metal and wood, fine details' - in.
( RELEVANT SUGGESTION, (for the arms/hands and more): '3K/6K Anomaly STALKERS textures' addon, -- Moddb.com --
- This addon affects: your arms/hands, all the armors/outfits, popular characters. )
"4K/8K Upscaled ALL Anomaly weapons, scopes, attachments, knives/axes/grenades", even the bolt. :-)
They should look much more suitable for year 2020.
NOTE: this addon does NOT contain any configs/scripts, ONLY textures.
So, there should be no incompatibilities with other addons.
Further more, putting any (3D model) textures in the "\gamedata\textures" folder will override the appropriate ones within this addon.
- 679 textures, 4.54GB ---- packed into 3.06GB .DB0-6 ---- further compressed into 2.75GB .7zip for upload.
- weapon body textures are now 4K res, some even 8K (ex: L96, Groza, PKM/P, RPD, RPG, M249, SKS,SVT..).
NOTE: on average, expect a few GB of RAM (1-2) and ~0.5GB of VRAM to be utilized more than usual.
FPS should remain without change, provided the above requirements are met.
Simply unpack into your main Anomaly folder. ( -- For U4H8, move the .DB files as instructed. )