Adds maps set on various planets and moons throughout our Solar System to SWBF2's Instant Action. Both stock eras include new sides with enhanced visuals and sounds, as well as new hero units. Supports Mass Effect era if installed.
Map pack set on various planets, moons, and other satellites throughout our Solar System. Includes Luna, Pioneer Trails, Mars, Titan, and Venus.
TITLE: Sol Map Pack (build 10927/01)
DEVELOPERS: Frayed Wires Studios — Aaron “Marth8880” Gilbert, AQT, James “THEWULFMAN” Plummer, and Scott_W.Pilgrim
1. Run SolMapPackSetup_r1_standalone.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
2. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and enjoy playing the first release of the Sol Map Pack!
Around the summer of 2011, Marth8880 and THEWULFMAN had an idea to create a map pack whose maps are based on locations found in our Solar System, and thus the Sol Map Pack was born. Not many maps had been released during the timespan of 2011-2014, but the project was sparked back into life with the help of AQT.
- All maps will show up in purple-colored text in the Instant Action roster.
- The Mass Effect era is only available if Mass Effect: Unification R5 is installed.
- This map pack adds 27 missions to the runtime heap if Mass Effect: Unification is installed or 20 missions if it is not.
GENERAL KNOWN ISSUES:
- Occasionally hero music won’t play at all in a single match.
- Every once and a while, if a lot of missions in a playlist have been played, a crash will occur during the loading screen of one of the maps. This issue might have some relation to Mass Effect era missions being present in the playlist, but it is ultimately unknown.
- There is a small chance that a map will have glowing terrain after loading. Restart the map in order to fix this issue.
- AceMastermind: OOM Battle Droid model
- Broken_hope: Aayla, Dooku, Luke, Maul, Obi Wan, Plo Koon, and Windu lightsaber hilts
- CodaRez: EVO Trooper, E-11, Republic sniper, Bowcaster, and EMP Launcher models
- Commanderbertie: DC-17 hand blaster model
- DarthD.U.C.K.: Thermal Detonator model and explosion effect, Mine & Detpack models, ACP muzzle flash, civilian animation set, and Asajj Ventress unit
- Deviss: Jumptrooper, Rebel SpecOps, and various Rebel kitbash models
- Eric Landreneau: Shadow Guard head
- Fluffy_the_ic: Republic shotgun model
- Icemember: Sonic Blaster, Rebel SpecForce Marine, Life Support Trooper, Clone Gunner, Tactical Jet Trooper, Astronaut, Stormtrooper parts, and Militia Saboteur models
- Kinetosimpetus: DH-17, DL-18, A280, A295, and FC-1 Flechette models, and droid bomber unit
- MandeRek: Plo Koon unit
- Maveritchell: breather addon
- Maxloef: DC-15A and Republic pistol models
- NeoMarz: visor and RC backpack addons, and original Asajj Ventress model
- OOM-9: DC-15s carbine model
- RepSharpshooter: DLT-19 sniper, E-11b, Arc Caster, and ACP Array models, and Meshtool
- Sereja: FA-3 Flechette model
- Sky_216: red and blue bolt impact effects, and CIS shotgun and marine rifle models
- Syth: fixed grenade launcher and CR-24 models
- THEWULFMAN: Aayla Secura skin and Rahm Kota's hair bun
- VF501: underhand chaingun model
- Jesus Christ / Allah / Vishnu, Krishna, etc. / Buddha / etc.
- Marth8880’s parents for birthing him and putting up with him and his wacky antics,
- LucasArts and Pandemic Studios for Star Wars: Battlefront II, its mod tools, and Zero Engine,
- Redwiz, THEWULFMAN, AQT, and Scott_W.Pilgrim for providing ideas and relentless beta testing – like no seriously, I love you guys, you’re all great,
- Gametoast for providing help & support and for its huge wealth of knowledge and information,
- Skelltor for Fierfek's mapping tutorial, and
- Marth8880 for all load screens and preview movies.
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective works, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.
- The Planets, Op. 32 is composed by Gustav Holst. It was performed and recorded by the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band and is freely available to the public on the Internet Archive here.
- Where My Heart Will Take Me is written by Diane Warren and covered by Russell Watson. It is the sole property of Universal Records and is used without express permission.
- Heigh-Ho is written by Frank Churchill and Larry Morey. It is the sole property of Walt Disney Records and is used without express permission.
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) is written and performed by The Proclaimers. It is the sole property of Chrysalis Records and is used without express permission.
- General Kota and the Control Room Duel is composed by Mark Griskey and recorded by Skywalker Sound. It is the sole property of and is used without express permission.
- The Destruction of Xizor’s Palace is composed by Joel McNeely and recorded by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. It is the sole property of Varèse Sarabande and is used without express permission.
- All licensed assets are copyright Pandemic Studios and LucasArts.
The above copyrighted materials' presence does not significantly impact the respective copyright holders' ability to profit from the original works.
THIS MOD IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II WAS DEVELOPED BY PANDEMIC STUDIOS AND PRODUCED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.
THE STAR WARS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK IS COMPOSED BY JOHN WILLIAMS AND RECORDED AND PERFORMED BY THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, LICENSED IN 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, & 2005.