Currently the single biggest and most obvious problem with the mod is that most of the game's world models are broken. If anyone is experienced with source engine compiling and decompiling, qc editing and all that, please send me a PM. I have need of your services, as you can see from the mod's little thumbnail image, lol.
V1 of SMOD: Zenith is available for download. Please be sure to read the following before downloading:
- You need to have HL2, HL2DM, and CS:S installed to run this mod. I know, pretty serious requirements. This is because SMOD allows me to plug content into the game from other mods. I've used CS:S and HL2DM models.
- This is not a complete or final version. In fact, it's likely that this mod will change drastically at a point in the future. For now, please take note of the known bugs section and be prepared for some wierd happenings.
- Read the readme! This one should be obvious. It explains installation and also details a large amount of features.
You will notice two new lines in the main menu, called "ENABLE MAPADD SYSTEM" and "DISABLE MAPADD SYSTEM". The mapadd system uses LUA scripting to add in enemies at random points. This means that for a considerable amount of the HL2 single-player, you'll be getting some unexpected enemy placement. This is very cool as it adds a new dimension to the normally fairly bland HL2 campaign. Please note that you may come across enemies armed with some of the standard SMOD weapons (stuff like the Grease Gun or Kar98), but you will not be able to pick them up because I have disabled their pickupableness (this is a real word, i swear). You can use weapon_limitcategory 0 to change this but it's not recommended - there are some bugs involved, and you will end up with like 50 guns in your inventory.
- Most noticeable one: You will see enemies with guns sticking out of their guts. This is due to the world models I've used being built on CS:S bones instead of HL2 ones. This will be fixed in a future release. For now it's good for a chuckle and not really noticeable at range.
- FN F2000's grenades don't explode. This will be fixed in the next release, definitely.
- "Route Kanal" Chapter start actually starts in the "Red Letter day" chapter. Fixed in next release.
- Mapadded enemies are sometimes armed with Grease Gun, AK47, etc. These guns are not pickup-able. New override script will make enemies use proper weapons.
- Menu Backgrounds do not exist for widescreen resolutions, which can cause problems for the lucky sods with huge screens.
This list will be updated as I recieve user-reports on errors or bugs.
I hope you all enjoy the mod. Be sure to check out the credits.