This is a unofficial custom build of Xash3d 3598 with some new features, small changes, and bug fixes, to help with the modding community.
Changes to the engine:
- world overbrights. (controlled with gl_overbright)
- view model fov. (controlled with cl_viewmodel_fov)
- view model chrome affected by player rotation. (controlled with cl_viewmodel_chrome)
- software emulation. (controlled with gl_software)
- borderless window to display mode.
- particle blood & blood streams added, and corrected.
- e3 1998 style sparks replaced retail ones.
- older bullet impact particles replaced retail ones.
- host_allow_changegame cvar is no longer locked.
- muzzle flashes scale restored.
- muzzle flashes cast dlight instead of elight.
- explosion attn adjusted so it can be heard from farther distances.
- explosion volume increased.
- drop shadows restored. (controlled with r_shadows)
- dsps tweaked to minimize sound bugs.
- removed/disabled previews icon in menu.
- removed xash build info showing up when using fraps.
- func_tracktrains movement noise is constantly played after a level load. (game .dll fix available)
- beams are brighter than usual.
Changes to the game .dlls:
- restored older won style weapon view bob.
- restored view tilting when strafing. (controlled with cl_rollangle & cl_rollspeed)
- fixed crowbar.
- added smoke particles to metal gibs
- fixed func_tracktrain bug caused by Xash.
- Mp5 Fire Rate Increased
- weapon ammo values adjusted.
This little fix will patch up any problems with the train sounds playing after a change level. Simply open up the plats.cpp file and go to "void CFuncTrackTrain :: UpdateSound( void )" and paste this code at the top of the function:
if ( !pev->speed )
This also fixes up the stop sound playing after a level change in vanilla Half-Life as well.
The source code was compiled in Visual Studio 6.0. To compile the engine requires Service Pack 5 for VS6 and the VC Processor Pack 5. With some careful research you should be able to still find them on the internet if you choose to go the old route, and not update the source code to a newer VS. Happy Modding!