Enhancements to video rendering and audio (all music now MP3 instead of MIDI), as well as a number of improvements and bugfixes.
New features and bugfixes:
- Visual changes:
- Further tweaks to the updated OpenGL rendering engine, improving visual quality of transparent or partially transparent textures.
- NPC AI optimizations to increase frame rates in areas with lots of NPCs.
- Monsters and NPCs now have body types: regular, tall and gaunt, short and stocky. In combination with our pre-existing sprite height randomization technology, you should rarely meet a friend or foe that looks exactly the same as someone else next to him/her.
- Audio changes:
- Replaced the previous sound engine with OpenAL.
- Replaced MIDI music with MP3. This also allowed us to mix sound scenery right into the music track, from the chirping of crickets in the night and the waves breaking on the seashore to the creepy sounds of a dark cave or the ambience of a busy inn.
- Dozens of new music tracks added. Now every single map has its own dedicated music.
- Miscellaneous changes:
- All class trainers now have their own custom portrait.
- Bugfixes and some difficulty tuning in a number of dungeon maps.
- Slight architectural changes to The Frozen Court and Gonos Warehouse (it now includes the areas that were previously part of Gonos Hideout).
- Notable architectural changes in the three largest cities (Thystes, Ocadia, Sichabroner).
- Further improvements to some models as well as corrections to the placement of many wall-mounted models.