Enjoy the classic broodwar game with improved mechanics, new units, upgrades, abilities, and lot of changes that will improve the gameplay and open new strategies and compositions to fight with.

Forum Thread
2.1 valkyrie (Games : StarCraft : Mods : SC Revolution Mod : Forum : General Discussion : 2.1 valkyrie) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 14 2017 Anchor

1. Nerf Valkyrie:
require Techlab, increase mode switch time, increase ground attack time.

valkyrie make wraith useless. in some previous version Wraith was better than Valkyrie now its opposite.
valkyrie is an efficient tools vs air and ground. Its the best tank killer in terran arsenal.

what wraith use have?

• scouting? scan - I play on smallest, 2 players maps, and I usually has 3 exp. Micro selecting another comsat is the only balancing factor, that prevent me from constantly scaning everything.
  • harassment wraith ground damage is so low, that i have problem to kill enough workers, before base-guards arrive. I once attack tank marching column, with 6x wraith and only destroy one, before the marines shoot down my flying-chickens. "but you was invisible" - yeah, for 1 sec scan. Cloak needs energy and to be research.
  • spam? Valkyrie benefit from reactor also. Valkyrie are more common in game, than all other aircraft combine.
  • AntiAir? Valkyrie
  • vsGround? Hunter mode (Valkyrie). Tank killer, Infantry killer, base and choke-points guard. Mostly I would say that Hunter's shoot too fast to multiple infantry targets, attack speed nerf would also make valid to cover with Hunt same area.

Hunter Mode could also use smart-casting. I never want multiple Valkyries to target the same area.

Hunter mode switch time its too short. There is no time to exploit catch off guard Valkyires. F.ex Protoss Dragoon is vastly hindered with Overload recovery time.

Jul 14 2017 Anchor

1-3 Hunter Mode power might be to be toned down.
Wraiths are cheaper, deals more damage against Large armored targets, have cloak, and can hit and run. So they still have some place.
Making Valkyries not reactorable could be an option to make Wraiths more appealing

2.Yes, i need to implement smart casting for Hunter mode

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.